Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:53:13 AM
714434 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Demons of Stupidity? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Demons of Stupidity?  (Read 2209 times)
peter johnson
« on: December 22, 2001, 12:37:06 PM »

Hi gang, I've been away for months & months -- filming on a ghost story called "Tormented", which may or may not ever see the light of day, and gearing up for a HUGE stage show opening in Longmont, Colorado, on January 18 -- please come see if you're around.  Murder on the Nile -- I play the lead:  Canon Pennefather.
Anyway, is there a new Demons of Stupidity CD out yet?
Got an e-mail the other day from someone who claims to be in the know:  That Wonderful Wizard of Oz CD recording of the PRI show I did with Mark Hamil & Goodman & Firesign, etc., is allegedly going to be Grammy nominated for Best Childrens Recording this year . . .
Who knows? -- breaks up the week wonderfully, I guess . ..
I see Trevor is back!!
Vermin Boy
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2001, 12:44:39 PM »

Nope, no new CD yet-- We've decided to release one a year, so the next one should be in June. We did recently perform our version of the 12 Days of Christmas, however, featuring such gifts as dead mice and John Tesh CDs.
peter johnson
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2001, 12:56:25 PM »

Vermin!!  How nice to hear from you --
Didja get the "Bride of Firesign" CD, huh? Didja, huh, didja?
Usual wonderful circular story --
I play my old "Demons" CDs through my computer stack at work.  People walk by & give the covers the STRANGEST looks . . . can't imagine why . . .
Any old posts I should go back & look for, eg:  Way cool topics?
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2001, 01:10:58 PM »

Bride of Firesign? Dang, where can i get that dude? Is it a copilation, Like the "Shoes for Industy" set?
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2001, 01:12:48 PM »

Ahem...i ment Compilation album......and any way...when are they going to put out CD.s of their earlier stuff?
peter johnson
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2001, 01:31:52 PM »

Okay, Flange, you gotta go visit the Rhino Records catalogue and get caught up:
Bride of Firesign is NOT, repeat: NOT a compilation of old stuff:
It is a brand spanking new recording of brand new story material & is every bit as good or better than their old stuff -- the boys are as hot as ever --  Buy it now!!  I was right about the comet!!
ALL of their classic old material will soon be available again on nice new clean CD format:  Go to www.firesigntheatre.com  
for updates & all the latest, plus review/info/& etc. for
BRIDE OF FIRESIGN!!!
Also, get Boom!Dot!Bust!(2000) and Give Me Immortality or Give Me Death(1999), both on Rhino CD.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2001, 06:16:19 PM »

Sure did-- it's great to hear all the old characters again (Esp. Bebop Loco and the crew from Give Me Immortality, as that's the one that hooked me). Have you seen the "All Day Matinee" DVD? I haven't tracked down a copy, but I hear it's got in-character commentary by David Ossman.

Nice to hear that the Demons' CDs are getting strange looks-- Always a good sign!
Scott
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2001, 09:55:04 AM »

Hey, Peter nice to see you around again. Can't wait to see that film your in.
Flangepart
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2001, 04:24:35 PM »

YES! I will be there!....."oh, how can you be, in two places at once, when your not any-where,at allllll(Bumm bumm bumm)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Demons of Stupidity? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.