Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:42:53 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Magic The Gathering « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OT: Magic The Gathering  (Read 2107 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2005, 08:08:58 PM »

Look at the guy yelling "Lightning Bolt!"

At first I thought it was a kid, but he's balding.  It looks like a man in his 30's or 40's but with a voice of a 12 year old.  And he seems to be the leader.  Watch everyone look at him once it's all over.
And he's either wearing a kilt or skirt.

Like Odinn said, OMFG!

I guess it's kinda shocking because I've never really witnessed what actual LARP looks like until this.

Post Edited (09-09-05 06:22)
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2005, 06:26:16 AM »

I guess it's kinda shocking because I've never really witnessed what actual LARP looks like until this.
I always pictured it differently.  Actually, I couldn't picture it at all.

That video reminded reminded me of Final Fantasy.
As I watched the "Lightning Bolts" hit and axe and sword blows land, I envisioned hit points rising from their bodies.
(like in the FF game)

I'm sure that they (the game organizers) indeed probably set it up that way. Each character is given a pre-selected amount of hit points.

Oh God....I'm actually starting to think about this seriously!
Stop me please!

Post Edited (09-09-05 06:34)
dean

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2005, 06:37:54 AM »

It is incredibly scary: that 'Lightning bolt' thing is hilarious, and quite frankly kinda freaky...  

Trouble is that I can so imagine me getting mixed up in that sort of thing when I was younger if I hung out with that type of crowd.

Oh god, if I happen to start shouting 'lightning bolts' randomly one day while throwing little white balls at people, somebody get out an actual ax and put me out of my misery!!!

That being said, it does seem like a bit of fun to run around and beat people up with rubber weapons, though I'm not sure that's something to be doing once you've passed through your teenage years.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2005, 10:24:50 PM »

That video has been surfing the internet for a while now. I remember watching it at 3 in the morning on a weeknight in high school and having long discussions with members of another board about LARP. The "Lightning Bolt!!" guy cracks me up, but what really starts my belly rumbling is the girl at the end of the video and her clapping. Who are these people? Also, look at the guy with the really tall costume on. The helmet must be at least 3 feet tall! When I look at him I imagine that same guy 10 years later running the bases in one of those International Sausage costumes at a minor league baseball game... and then the guy in the kilt chasing after him with nerf balls in his hand screaming "lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!" The way they react to being hit with an attack reminds me of most professional wrestler's futile attempts at mimicking facial expressions of pain. It's really the funniest video I've ever seen. I wonder if the guy holding the camera was dressed up in character as well so as not to feel left out, or break the mood of their "period" setting.

Lightning bolt!

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Squeakmiester 3000
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 11:20:16 PM »

Hey, I play LARP's, don't knock them till..................

oh, who the hell am i kidding?

go ahead. Knock them. I play them, and they are the geekiest thing ever. fun, yes, but geeky. well, at least the one i go to experiments with non-tradtitional type ones, set now, or in the future. The best one was a plotless one set on the mexican border, with just a bunch of characters set out to have various interactions and such. Situation games like that can work very well, or they can fail. Seeing as the first time worked almost better than any other game, it was played again. It didn't work the second time. most of the goodness of situations games depends on chance. so it gnnerally works best to have some plot structure, even if most of it is completely freeform.

f**k, im geeky. I'm going to stop myself right here. I'm not getting any geekier.

oh, and speaking of the subject, you may remmember that the reason i started the 50's sci-fi movie cliche forum was because i was writing a 50's sci-fi LARP. your help was great, and the writing's going wonderfully!

crap, i got geekier.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Magic The Gathering « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.