Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:00:54 AM
714504 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Article about New Orleans sinking published on Sept 11, 2001 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OT: Article about New Orleans sinking published on Sept 11, 2001  (Read 1161 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: September 01, 2005, 01:18:54 PM »

Found this article in Popular Mechanics that explains the exact thing that happened to New Orleans with Katrina.  What's even more strange about the article is that it was written on the same day of America's biggest disaster which the New Orleans situatuion is beginning to mirror.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/research/1282151.html

This is strange, and although there is no relation, I thought it might be of some interest.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
raj

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 01:29:32 PM »

Oh, sure there's no connection.  That's what "they" want you to think.  It's all part of an ongoing war between the Bavarian Illuminate and the Tri-Lateral Commission.  In fact, they are both. . .
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 01:49:20 PM »

I remember them talking about this in much detail when Hurricane Andrew (1992) hit Florida, then headed toward New Orleans (but actually missed NO).  It's been a known problem for about 40 years, and the statistics finally caught up with the gamblers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 05:35:09 AM »

I always tell friends that all these hurricanes are the work of Osama bin Laden using some unknown form of black magic to literally will these storms unto us.

I imagine him deep in a damp Afghan cave lit by hundreds of candles that surround him.  The rock walls flicker from their dim light.
He is covered in sweat because of the stifling heat and the only sound is the deep hum of baritone and bass monotone voices echoing throughout the chamber.

He's sitting Indian style with both his arms outstretched to each side, palms held face up....his AK-47 resting against the wall.
His eyes have rolled up so only the whites are visible....in contact with the Dark Forces.

I can't seem to get the idea out of my head...

Post Edited (09-02-05 05:42)
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 07:44:18 PM »

That's a very interesting article. It's too bad nobody took the warnings seriously. Of course, since people are usually REactive instead of PROactive, maybe now the problems will finally be addressed.

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 09:04:31 PM »

nobody wrote:

> since people are usually
> REactive instead of PROactive, maybe now the problems will
> finally be addressed.

I hate to be a stick-in-the-mud, but I kinda doubt it.  After 9-11, everyone talked like that (we need to act BEFORE the next attack, not just respond to it).

If you listen to the HS folks and local Terrorism Task Forces, as well as FBI, etc, everything they mention has to do with RESPONSE.  For example, the equipment for firefighters, police and EMT's are always mentioned.  You pretty much never hear what is being done to catch the baddies BEFORE they act.

Of course, that could just be what is being reported....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Article about New Orleans sinking published on Sept 11, 2001 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.