Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:02:19 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity"  (Read 3694 times)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 02, 2005, 11:15:46 AM »

After "Astro-Zombies" the other night , I watched Slave Girld From Beyond Infinity

Pretty sad to say that you can watch two movies and say "The Astro-Zombies" was the better of them.

This is the same basic plot as "Most Dangerous Game", but with scantily clad women as the target, so no need to re-hash the plot.  The acting is pretty bad and you swear the two lead females were reading of cue-cards the whole time.  (Brinke Stevens, notably B-movie actress, was in it as a third female victim, and she was a better actor the tthe other two, but had a smaller part).  The sets were cheap, the SFX cheap, etc....  Hard to really reccomend this for anything; just a cheap retelling of a standard plot line with some T&A thrown in to try to get some interest.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
raj

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 12:31:35 PM »

I like "Slave Girls".  Pure, unadulterated, 100% bad movieness.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 12:33:11 PM »

Sure, this movie's a cheese-fest, but if you're going to re-hash a plot that's already been done to death, why not add some leather bikinis?

And how can you beat lines (delivered as though by a tree) like, "Life is too precious to be hunted for sport?"

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 10:15:29 PM »

I have to argue that "Slave Girls" was more entertaining, if only for the scantily clad women running around with laser weapons.  "Astro-Zombies" drove me nuts, because the darn thing spends like 10 minutes stumbling through the streets with a flashlight pressed to its head (long story, if you have not seen the movie).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Fearless Freep

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 11:02:09 AM »

I wouldn't really argue the point, Andrew :)  Both are pretty bad in different ways so it really depends on what you are in the mood for.  "Slave Girls" had bad acting, cheap sets and effects, and cute babes in (and out) of loin cloths.  "Astro-Zombies" has  a 30 minute plot stretched out to an hour and a half running time with people wandering around, listening to the radio. and wasting time  and John carradine describing in step by step instructions how to make an Astro-Man. (I thought the guy with the flashlight to his head was funny).  Astro-Zombies really had no redeeming features unless you like that style of 50s and 60s B monster movie.  "Slave Girls" had Brinke Stevens naked so...

=======================
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 10:45:58 PM »

I saw Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity a few years ago. This film really hurt and I was barely able to get through it, but I did it. The acting was brutal.

Rombles
Dedicated Viewer

Stupid fat hobbit...

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 08:33:11 AM »

Acting? What acting?  All I remember were the bosoms :-)

Brrrrrrrraaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Hockstatter
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 12:23:52 PM »

Slave Girls has always been one of my favorites.  It's just a marvelous bit of escapism, so genuine and innocent.  Sure the acting is bad, but hey, those girls brought a lot more personality to their roles than Angelina Jolie ever brought to Lara Croft, or Pierce Brosnan ever brought to James Bond.  And the cheesiness of the special effects just added to the charm.

Wence
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 06:50:28 PM »

Definitely one of the great titles in the Badmovie-Universe. I would say on the same level like "Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Ball´o´Rama".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Scontri stellari oltre la terza dimensione"
Fearless Freep

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 06:55:57 PM »

And in completely the other direction, I have Kirusawa's "Seven Samurai" on tap for tonight.   Later this week is "Equus" and "Starblazers: Search For Iscandar - Disk 5"

I get some pretty strange recommendations from Netflix...

I don't think the plot was quite crazy enough or the dialogue silly enough or the SFX goofy enough to put this in cult B status with "Sorority Babes..."

=======================
Flangepart

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »

Pretty impressive double feature, Sir Freep.
Did the breasticals make up for some of the pain?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 11:16:59 AM »

How far is Infinity and how can you go beyond it? Inquiring minds want to know.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.