Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:41:57 PM
714584 Posts in 53100 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Billy The Kid vs Dracula « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Billy The Kid vs Dracula  (Read 2051 times)
break-dancing robot
« on: December 30, 2001, 02:45:55 AM »

I am totally dumbfounded to see that you dont have this piece of shlock for a movie on your list. Anything with John Carradine as Dracula is worthy of a viewing.
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2001, 05:15:11 AM »

Yeah, it's a masterpiece. Any movie in which Dracula, the all-powerful, shape-shifting Prince of Darkness, is portrayed as a bug-eyed arthritic old git easily taken down screaming with a thrown hammer is a masterpiece. (Hammer Films never got that bad, and they used everything short of a garlic-laced pie in the face.)

Actually, "companion piece" Jeese James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter is "better" schlock, with stereotypical Me-hi-cans, a rat-faced thief-murderer scumbag for our hero, dirty-dungeon brain-surgery, even worse stock-footage use than Billy, and a guy who remembers his buddy--while wearing someone else's brains. (Why do Hollywooders think memory resides in the heart, limbs, or the colon, when everyone knows it's located in the navel?)
Flangepart
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2001, 04:47:32 PM »

Ah, the garlic-laced pie in the face, from \"The Three Stooges meet Dracula\"s first cousin.\"  BTW.....memory resides in the navel? Dang, and here i always thought it was the one-eyed trowser snake. Well, thats what my girl friends always told me......
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2001, 06:54:38 PM »

No, no, Mr. Winkle holds all the higher thought processes.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2001, 07:55:57 PM »

Anybody see John Carradine as Dracula in the "House of Frankenstein" or "House of Dracula." He does a great job of playing Dracula in both. (IMHO) Probably one of the most underrated Draculas of all-time. Enjoy!
Ken Begg
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2001, 12:39:57 AM »

Actually, it's funnier than that.  Billy empties his revolver into the Count to little effect, but then he tosses the gun at him and knocks him out.

(Although you could theorize that the wooden handles of the revolver are what did the deed.  For instance, in line with the wooden stakes things, novelist Fred Saberhagen's vampire characters remain vulnerable to wooden weapons.)
Squishy
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2001, 05:31:04 AM »

Ah, you're right. It's been a while. If I recall correctly--and that's iffy--he hits Carradine in the face with it, for God's sake--in the movie's only "genuine" moment, I wondered if Carradine's wail of pain was the real thing.

My favorite Carradine role; the Great Owl in The Secret of NIMH.
KingVidor
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2001, 08:46:31 AM »

I like the part when he looks in the mirror and goes "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuaghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!"  I saw one, it was one of those Something Weird ones.  His voice was dubbed in spanish and then re-dubbed in English for american TV.   It was a Santo-type thing.  He was Dracula.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Billy The Kid vs Dracula « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.