Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:30:34 PM
714462 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Walking Dead Fright Pack! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Walking Dead Fright Pack!  (Read 1475 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: September 13, 2005, 10:31:23 AM »

Oh Anchor Bay, I love you.  If you were tangible, I'd marry you.

Anchor Bay just put out their new Fright Pack full of zombies.  I love these sets, especially since they look like a 6 pack and even have the handle on the top.  I looked around for this one on Amazon and they wanted nearly 30.00 for the set.  A good price considering what it contains but deepdiscountdvd.com has it for 16.00!  I just put in my order and am waiting.

Here's the list of the flicks:

HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD - Bruno Mattei!!!

DEAD HEAT - I have this one on DVD already but it's a cheap copy.

NIGHTMARE CITY - Hated this one when I rented it years back.  Maybe it's gotten better....

CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD - One of my favorites of Fulci's.

LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE - Always wanted to see this one.  Can't wait.

HOUSE BY THE CEMETARY - Always wanted to see this one as well.

Each DVD is the Anchor Bay full release with special features and such.  This set is priced just right for me.  It's only about 2.80 per DVD!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 10:45:12 AM »

After you watch some of them, let me know how it is because it sounds like something I need...haha

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 12:38:22 PM »

Odinn, considering the price, I'd say to go ahead and buy it.

Dead Heat as I mentioned is one of my favorites to come out of the 80s.  It's silly, fun and all around...80ish.  Treat Williams and Joe Piscapo(sp?) are cops.  Treat gets killed during an investigation and comes back to life as a zombie so he can find his killer.  Add in some bad dialogue and Vincent Price (!) and you have a classic.  Well worth the 16.00 by itself.

City Of The Living Dead was also quite good.  I used to have a copy of it on VHS and I much preferred it to Fulci's Zombie and such.  A priest hangs himself which opens a gate to hell.  Bleeding eyeballs and vomiting of intestines ensues.  Pretty good gore flick.

Nightmare City - Pretty bad Umberto Lenzi flick about a plane that lands which is full of charred faced zombies who run and use knives.  I vaguely remember the film (tried to forget most of it) but I do remember quite a bit of munching of bare breasts....seems the zombies had a thing for that.

Otherwise, I haven't seen Hell Of Living Dead, Sleeping Corpses (I heard good things), and House By The Cemetary.

Post Edited (09-13-05 12:41)

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 01:04:06 PM »

Wow, that is a great deal.  I am going to look for this set.  I already have most of the films, but the two I am missing (and "Dead Heat" is one) are worth the money themselves.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 01:23:09 PM »

There are a few other sets as well.

There's a "Mans Worst Friend" set, a "Devil Made Me Do It" set and "Camp Classics" set.  I might have to buy the other sets by Halloween.

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 01:39:14 PM »

Wow, I've been really wanting to see LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE. The other films are also good (haven't seen Dead Heat). Thanks for the heads up and at that price it will defiately be picked up.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 03:48:39 PM »

Skaboi, I just ordered one myself but they said they were out of stock right now. I think you got the last one.

-------------------------------------------------
Most of all I hate dancing then work, exercise, people,stupid people

Post Edited (09-13-05 15:50)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 07:48:10 AM »

Rich, you are correct, they are sold out.

I just checked my order status and it's set as a "backorder".  Oh well.  I can deal with that, considering the price.  Says that it should ship on the 23rd of this month.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Walking Dead Fright Pack! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.