Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:57:16 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When good signs go ....bad.... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: When good signs go ....bad....  (Read 5847 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 27, 2005, 10:18:29 AM »

Its was a Subway sign...missing a simple period between two wrods.
It read ...EAT FRESH NEW MANAGMENT.
Now tell me...who woulden't think of "Sean of the dead?"

Soooo...

Any recent sighting of poorly chosen words,eh?

Post Edited (09-27-05 10:18)

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
daveblackeye15

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 10:26:22 AM »

I got one.

I was driving down a road when I came to a stop sign.

Except the 'stop' was marked over with a marker and some one wrote 'BREAK NEK SPEED! B***H!; (yes neck was spelt like that)

I decide to break the law and disobey the sign.

I Know

LAME!

That I'm just reporting what I saw.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Georgie Boy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 10:33:29 AM »

In the small town in which I grew up, a store was closing.  They decided to auction off the contents of the shop and this is the sign on the window.

"PUBIC AUCTION SATURDAY"

I didn't need any so I stayed away.

Also...at a bingo hall in Muncie, Indiana about 10 years ago the big marquee read:

BINGO
SAT AN SUN
9 - 9

It stayed like this for about 6 months...then the parlor went out of business and became a dirt mall.

I love this kind of stuff.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 01:29:20 PM »

This may not be what you had in mind, but I found it nicely profound:
"A smart man knows how to do something.  A wise man knows how to ask.  We sell Boxes"

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 08:12:56 AM »

Here are a couple for you........

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 02:02:12 PM »

On a bulletin board at school there was a flier for job openings here on campus. Well some idiot had written above 'job', 'hand'. It was good for a laugh at 6:45am. (I have a 7am math class.)

dean

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 01:22:01 AM »

One of my favourites was found at this very site:

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 02:21:32 AM »

Theirs a Stop sign that someone put a stick under it that says "Eating Animals". I always get a laugh out of it when I pass it.

-------------------------------------------------
Most of all I hate dancing then work, exercise, people,stupid people

Post Edited (09-29-05 03:19)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Mr. Hockstatter
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 04:14:08 PM »

There was a sign where I used to live that said "SLOW", and underneath that somebody painted "THE WORLD".

One time where we used to go cruisin' somebody went up the whole boulevard and put "when police are present" under all the speed limit signs.
raj

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 12:25:52 PM »

I used to work at a residential school for developmentally disabled kids.  The traffic sign at the entrance warned us to keep our speed down:  Slow        Children
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 12:32:25 AM »

"Aim towards the Enemy." - Instruction printed on U.S. Rocket Launcher

That one is a personal favourite

CHURCH BULLETIN BLOOPERS

Thank God for church ladies with typewriters. These sentences actually appeared in church bulletins or were announced in church services:

Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking tonight at Calvary Methodist. Come hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.

The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.

The sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on the Water."
The sermon tonight: "Searching for Jesus."

Our youth basketball team is back in action Wednesday at 8 PM in the recreation hall. Come out and watch us kill Christ the King.

Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Don't forget your husbands.

The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been canceled due to a conflict.

Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community. Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say "Hell" to someone who doesn't care much about you.

Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.

Miss Charlene Mason sang "I will not pass this way again," giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.

For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.

Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.

Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Jack's sermons .

The Rector will preach his farewell message after which the choir will sing: "Break Forth Into Joy."

Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.

A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.

At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.

Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.

Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.

Please place your donation in the envelope a long with the deceased person you want remembered.

Attend and you will hear an excellent speaker and heave a healthy lunch.

The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment and gracious hostility.

Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 PM - prayer and medication to follow.

The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.

This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.

Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 AM. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B. S. is done.

The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.

The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7 PM. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.

Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.

The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday: "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours."
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 12:25:02 PM »

Shadowphile wrote:

> That one is a personal favourite
>
> CHURCH BULLETIN BLOOPERS

Thanks, Shadowphile!  That was the funniest thing I've read in a long time.  I hate trying not to laugh out loud at work.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 01:55:34 PM »

<>

LMAO...That's awesome!

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 03:59:24 PM »

Glad i could give you a chuckle.  I've got more actual signs, if I can track them down....
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 06:45:37 PM »

Walgrens in town had a sign that read:
BACK TO SCHOOL SPECIAL
GET PROZAC HERE

The sign wasn't up very long but good for a laugh when stuck in traffic

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When good signs go ....bad.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.