Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:49:46 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What's up with this? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's up with this?  (Read 2996 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: October 09, 2005, 05:29:09 PM »

I walk into Wal-Mart today and they have big display near the entrance for  the DVD of Michael Bay's Amityville Horror. Some of them were packaged along with Killer Klownz from Outer Space.

How could they taint a classic movie by packaging it with such a POS?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 05:33:04 PM »

I've noticed that too.
They'll package two films together that have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

I did pick up "The Road Warrior" and "Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome" for $4.88 apiece though.
That was a good deal!
daveblackeye15

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 08:02:59 PM »

That's just evil.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 08:08:18 PM »

See, I love Killer Klowns.  It's by far one of my favorites from the 80s and I still have fond memories of it from my childhood.  I bought it a few years back on DVD and it's still just as good today as it ever was.

I don't know why it's being packaged with the new Amityville, but I must say I actually enjoyed the new Amity.  My wife and I saw it a few months ago while on a vacation and I found it to be quite enjoyable.  Disregard any mention that it's "based" on a "true story", and you'll have a good time.  Hell, it's much better than the original.  I've found that most people that blast the remake haven't seen it.......

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 08:15:08 PM »

I agree. This is an odd combo.

I mean a sci-fi/comedy/horror with clowns packed with an Haunted House remake.

What were they thinking.

And I love Killer Klowns too.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 09:22:58 PM »

I've seen the new Amityville.  I thought it sucked.

Acting was mediocre, script was badly written and the cinematography was nasty.

And it wasn't particularly scary.  It put me to sleep.

As a side note, the original Amityville family has come forward and admitted that the whole thing was a hoax.  They faked it all.
dean

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 11:04:05 PM »

Hmmm... I would enjoy this package if not for the fact that I want to see Killer Klowns from Outer Space, but cannot find a copy of it anywhere around here.

I wouldn't even touch Amityville.

Call me crazy, but there's something about those Clowns that really makes me want to watch: after reading the review on this site and watching the video clip, I just decided that this was my sort of crappy film!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
odinn7

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 07:41:49 AM »

I think the combination package is a stupid mix but I didn't mind the Amityville remake too much. If they had just made it as a horror movie instead of tacking the name Amityville on it, I think it would've gone over much better. I'm also annoyed by these movies that are "based on a true story".

And just as a point, the original Amityville family did not come out and claim it was a hoax. George Lutz is still making money by doing tours around the country now and then claiming the reality of it all. I believe it was his step son (the older kid in the movie) that came out and said it was bs and all made up. It had been investigated and supposedly everyone that has lived there since has had no problems other than a few incidents of paranormal activity. Also, I think it was the lawyer for George Lutz that came forward and claimed the whole thing was concoted for numerous reasons that I won't bother to get into. If you do a search, there's more than enough information out there.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 08:20:00 AM »

dean wrote:

>
> Hmmm... I would enjoy this package if not for the fact that I
> want to see Killer Klowns from Outer Space, but cannot find a
> copy of it anywhere around here.

If you can order from DeepDiscountDVD, it is available for $9.42 American. Of course, that's only if you can play Region 1 dvds as well.

I saw this combo in WalMart and wondered why, but then I remembered that they carried Killer Klowns for awhile in their $7.50 section, but just when I finally decided to buy it, they had taken it off the shelf and website as unsellable. So my guess would be that they had some back stock and are trying to unload it by packaging it with what they consider a "good" movie.

Post Edited (10-10-05 09:10)

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What's up with this? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.