Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:55:35 PM
714421 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that have Satan as a character « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Movies that have Satan as a character  (Read 6274 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: October 18, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »

I was watching "left behind" the evangelical christian movie.  I'm pretty far from what you'd call an evangelical christian.  (I'm from Massachusetts, I don't think it's even technically possible for me)but I was way into it.  Mainly because of it's crazy Twilight Zone plot and bad acting.

What I also liked was there is a guy who is THE anti-christ.  He's the head of the UN.  Kofi Annan I guess, but white.  So they talk about all this stuff and you see him.  It seems to me that having Satan in your movie would be pretty daunting.  one, you immediatly p**s off religious people.  then, you run the risk of looking ridiculous, like a devil in a bad batman-style costume.  

To make a long story short....   what are some movies that have Satan in them?

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 05:28:02 PM »

The Omen series (the first three movies, anyway) featured the Anti-Christ, Damien.  I know it wasn't what you asked for but i felt it was worth mentioning

Satan movies?

We have to start with Satan's School for Girls

Now do you mean just Satan or are we including Lucifer?  If so, then we can add

Constantine
The Devil's Advocate
Wence
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 06:20:09 PM »

My first idea was "The DevilĀ“s Advocate", too.

Here some other bad and good movies that could fit:

- Warlock (1989)
- End of Days (1999), one of the few movies I like in spite of that they contain CGI
- Prime Evil (1988)
- Bedazzled (2000)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Scontri stellari oltre la terza dimensione"
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 07:03:37 PM »

Don't forget the original Bedazzeled from 1968. Peter Cook was more believable as the Devil than Liz Hurley.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 07:41:51 PM »

Santa Claus - Scratch is another name for the devil.

Legend - Ironically, the Big D is the only good thing in this movie.

Time Bandits - Good stuff all the way around.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 08:14:25 PM »

In 1922, Swedish director Benjamin Christensen put together a documentary about the history of witchcraft from its beginning up to the early 20th century. The film's depiction of the devil and its startling imagery made it one of the most controversial films for the time. It was lost, then rediscovered by Criterion DVD for a 2001 rerelease. Much of the film's realistic look and costume design is attributed to Christensen's background as a stage performer, but it didn't limit him to think on the stage. The scenes of witches flying utilizes some of the most elaborate lighting set ups and new optical printing technology to superimpose "flying" witches against a blank sky. It's a great film.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 09:12:38 PM »

Lou Cypher in "Angel Heart".  Not by name, but I think we can see the connection
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 09:18:46 PM »

The end of "Tales From the Hood"

Clarence Williams III made a good mortician & devil!
"Muthaf**kasssssssss!"

Post Edited (10-19-05 07:15)
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 09:32:32 PM »

The Devil and Daniel Webster  another appearance under the name Scratch.

Can we count Dungeonmaster?  Go Bull!
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 10:15:34 PM »

South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut

Oh, God! You Devil (with George Burns in a dual role as God and the Devil)
dean

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 06:40:22 AM »

The Prophecy is a nice devil-type film, with Christopher Walken playing Gabriel and Viggo Mortensen as Lucifer.  I haven't seen the sequels, but I enjoyed the first one.  Can't really go wrong with Walken as some sort of evil demon.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
odinn7

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 07:47:22 AM »

Ozzymandias wrote:

> Don't forget the original Bedazzeled from 1968. Peter Cook was
> more believable as the Devil than Liz Hurley.

Perhaps he was more believable but I'd like to think that if there was such a thing as satan, it would look like her.

On topic...

Little Nicky- The wonderful (right...) Adam Sandler comedy
Devil's Messenger (1961)- Lon Chaney Jr.

Post Edited (10-19-05 08:28)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 08:19:47 AM »

Invitation to Hell, nifty little made-for-TV picture from the 80s, starring Robert Urich. Kind of a Stepford-style conspiracy story, and another of the stories featuring the devil as a hot woman. As a kid, I loved the idea of the hero putting on an experimental space suit to go into Hell and rescue people. That was cool. Would love to see it again, just to see if it still measures up.

I see somebody beat me to Mexican Santa Claus. Pretty lame devil in that one. Sets out to corrupt humanity by sending one incompetent demon to encourage three naughty kids. Great plan.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 09:49:49 AM »

Two of my favorites ANGEL HEART and HAXAN (a.k.a. WITCHCRAFT THROUGH THE AGES) have already been mentioned.

But my all time favorite is Mario Bava's LISA AND THE DEVIL (a.k.a. HOUSE OF EXORCISM).  Who can beat Telly Savalas as the devil?  I ask you that!  Definitely get the LISA AND THE DEVIL version though and stay a hundred miles from the bastardized HOUSE OF EXORCISM version.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 11:15:50 AM »

One of my favorite actors, Robert Cavanah, did a film a few years ago called 'Talk Of The Devil' where he played Satan. It's basically a one man film where he talks to the camera. I haven't seen it, but have seen stills from it. And I don't think it will ever be released because the production company that made it has since filed for bankruptcy.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that have Satan as a character « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.