Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:13:19 PM
714478 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DINOSAURUS! A good movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DINOSAURUS! A good movie  (Read 1160 times)
Chris K.
« on: January 04, 2002, 11:47:14 AM »

I just bought the DVD release of the 1960 film DINOSAURUS! presented in it's original CinemaScope widescreen! I can now toss out my crappy panned and scanned version that has nothing but a blury image. DINOSAURUS! if from producer Jack H. Harris and director Irvin S. Yeaworth, Jr. (that's right, these two are responsible for THE BLOB and 4D MAN).

On a tropical island, construstion workers find a frozen T-Rex and a Brontosaurus under the water. They bring them to shore, but when a lighting bolt brings the monsters back to life they go on a rampage. Also on hand is a frozen caveman that was also found by the island manager and the caveman comes back to life with comical results.

This was a good movie. The stop-motion dinosaurs were created by the Projects Unlimited team who also did effects for THE TIME MACHINE and THE OUTER LIMITS. The effects are pretty good, but needed Ray Harryhausen to animate them for they are too jerky and needed a more smooth animation that Harryhausen can create.

When released one critic said "Motion picture industry has hit rock bottom!" But I disagree. DINOSAURUS! is intended to entertain the family audience. I was entertained and I am 17 years old! Critics feel that films such as DINOSAURUS! and others made at that time were rock-bottom pictures. That's funny, the movies of today made by such family operations like Disney are producing mediocre crap that many critics are afraid to call "bad". When you watch a childrens film, like the H.G. Lewis feature JIMMY THE BOY WONDER (1966), you watch it to be entetained and not ask "Well, how much did this film cost?" Who cares?

DINOSAURUS! was a good film with some really good acting, good effects, colorful sets, excelent photography, and simple plot.

Any questions or comments about this film?
Flangepart
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2002, 12:16:08 PM »

Yes! I gotta have that DVD. I need to "Roll yer own MST3K "on that one! Lots of straight lines to works with! Where did you find it Chris K.?
Chris K.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2002, 02:49:17 PM »

I found the DVD of DINOSAURUS! at that new bookstore place called Borders. And for a good price of $19.99 (at least it's a good price for me), it's worth it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DINOSAURUS! A good movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.