Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:07:28 AM
714431 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  October Viewings................ « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: October Viewings................  (Read 1047 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: November 01, 2005, 10:17:59 PM »

Here's a list of my October Viewings. Only 10 this month, but at least it was double digits. All of them were good. In fact some where excellent. Here's how I rated them based on entertainment value.

Hildago *****
North By Northwest ****
Broken Arrow ****
Serenity ****
Stand By Me ****
Kid Blue ****
Jubal *****
Maria Full of Grace *****
Shiri ***
Kill Bill 2 *****

3-5 stars means it's a good one.

odinn7

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 08:28:40 AM »

Scott, only 10 this month? As my 5 year old says: What for the hell? Scott...Scott...you're letting us down man. 10 movies? I honestly find that hard to believe. Did a whole bank of your monitors burn out or perhaps a bunch of your players failed on you...sigh...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
dean

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 08:42:30 AM »

odinn7 wrote:

> Scott, only 10 this month? As my 5 year old says: What for the
> hell? Scott...Scott...you're letting us down man. 10 movies? I
> honestly find that hard to believe. Did a whole bank of your
> monitors burn out or perhaps a bunch of your players failed on
> you...sigh...
>

On the other hand it's a fairly classy line up this month.  Perhaps he enjoyed them so much they were granted extra-features viewings and took up more 'crap-fest' time than normal and as such he couldn't watch more!

Glad to see you enjoyed Hidalgo.  I've been meaning to see it, but it kind of got caught up in the post-Lord of the Rings hype ['come see Viggo, of Lord of the Rings Fame'] that I wasn't as inspired to see it as I normally would be for that type of film.

Out of that list, the ones I don't know of is Jubal, Shiri, and Kid Blue and I've only seen a few of the others, though Stand By Me is a great classic movie [I actually hum/sing that song when I'm at work by myself all the damn time...]

Broken Arrow was surprisingly great fun [I wasn't expecting too much of this one when it first came about] and Serenity and Kill Bill 2 are two of my many all time favourite films.

Haven't seen Maria Full of Grace, and I have seen North By Northwest, but it was so long ago that I have pretty much all but forgotten a few key scenes.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 12:01:16 PM »

Been very busy last month and probably this month also. We'll see. By the way I just saw a Dae Woo DVD player for $29 at the grocery store. Might pick up an extra one. This should help me pick up the pace Odinn7.  

HILDAGO is also one that I passed by when it came to the theaters, but now wish I had viewed it on the big screen. I thought it would be just a horse movie. It has horses in it, but it has a few more elements in it like the great race, two cultures meeting, the desert, some real characters, and some decent action and drama.

The BROKEN ARROW that I saw in October was the Western starring Jimmy Stewart made in the 50's. The other BROKEN ARROW that I think your thinking about Dean is the one with John Travolta in it. This 90's film is also good especially with Travolta as the villian. Travolta did a great job in that role.

JUBAL and KID BLUE are also good Westerns worth seeing. All the films listed where good.

Post Edited (11-02-05 11:56)

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 12:21:09 PM »

Scott,

I think I caught part of Kid Blue a couple of days ago.  I didn't get the name of it, but it had Dennis Hopper with long hair.  I only caught a few minutes but it seemed that he was an outlaw who had gone straight.  The film seemed to be from the early 70s and one scene involved a makeshift airplane.

Like I said, I wasn't paying a lot of attention to it....it was just playing in the background.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Scott

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 12:34:57 PM »

Yep, that's the one Skaboi. The preacher played by Peter Boyle is trying to make an airplane. You have to see the end of this film. As a Western fan or a Dennis Hopper fan you should check it out.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 12:51:49 PM »

I'm not much of a Western guy other than a few Eastwood flicks.  I have grown a bit more fond of them over the years.

It took me a while to recognize Hopper.  I knew the face looked familiar, but he was so young at the time that he hardly looked like himself.  

I'll keep an eye out for the flick on cable, and hopefully I'll be able to watch it from the beginning to the end.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Scott

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 01:12:05 PM »

In KID BLUE (1973) Peter Boyle is wearing a beard and you won't recognize him either. Also check out Dennis Hopper in MAD DOG MORGAN (1976) which is Hopper playing Morgan in 1800's Australia. Also check out Hopper in THE YOUNG LAND (1959). All unique Western type films with Dennis Hopper.

Post Edited (11-02-05 12:19)

Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 02:33:22 PM »

Scott wrote:

> HILDAGO is also one that I passed by when it came to the
> theaters, but now wish I had viewed it on the big screen. I
> thought it would be just a horse movie.

I saw it in theaters (date night with the wife) and liked it a lot better than I expected too.  Don't let the Viggo hype sway you from seeing it.  He plays a completely different character than Aragorn and does a great job.  Lots of great action here, but a good story and direction behind it.  This ain't no Michael Bay crap fest.  It's more along the lines of THE GHOST AND THE DARKNESS.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 10:48:23 PM »

Agreed.  I wasn't all that interested in Hidalgo but a visiting friend wanted to see it so I rented it and was pleasantly surprised.  It, as well as The Ghost and the Darkness, was based on real events that were (of course) Hollywoodized.  In reality, it wasn't a neck and neck race at the finish.  Hidalgo won by over 23 hours after having taken the lead about half way through the race.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 11:33:53 PM »

I too saw this because my friend wanted to see it and rented it. I enjoyed it for the most part.

-------------------------------------------------
Most of all I hate dancing then work, exercise, people,stupid people

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  October Viewings................ « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.