Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:17:47 PM
714456 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  new movie, need help « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: new movie, need help  (Read 2461 times)
andy
« on: January 03, 2002, 05:08:35 PM »

i am wanting to create a new bad moie and am looking for people to join me.

my first idea after watching shogun assasin is to get a load of old japanese movies and link them together to create a new story and redub it ourselves.

any ideas welcome.
Trevor the rat
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2002, 08:50:31 PM »

if you're real seirous on that idea check out troma's "ferocious female freedom fighters" which is a movie complelty re dubbed over with a script thought up by troma to be funny. i wouldn't make an attempt unless you were real serious about makinga  film  otherwise you mihgt be disapointed in where it goes. i've seen that way to many times.
andy
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2002, 06:56:19 AM »

im not to bnotherd about how it goes, if it is good or not, i just want to make a movie, for fun or for anything. i just want to make am ovie and this seems at the moment my best optionTrevor the rat wrote:
>
> if you're real seirous on that idea check out troma's
> "ferocious female freedom fighters" which is a movie
> complelty re dubbed over with a script thought up by troma to
> be funny. i wouldn't make an attempt unless you were real
> serious about makinga  film  otherwise you mihgt be
> disapointed in where it goes. i've seen that way to many
> times.
Nathan
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2002, 10:59:18 AM »

And don't forget the stock fighter plane footage.  That's all the rage these days.

(And if you could manage to use footage from Planeta Burg and Battle Beyond the Stars, so much the better.)

Nathan
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2002, 12:11:48 PM »

"Whats up tiger Lily", my fav. Woody Allen Flick. He did it first, and did it best, IMHO. Its a good idea...Oh!...and if you can get it, "J-Men Forever" by Proctor and Bergman of Firesign Theater. Funny stuff, that! They used old Republic Serials for the source.
Brian Ringler
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2002, 07:24:06 PM »

How about the dubbed over version of Night of the Living Dead?  It was pretty lame except for Timmy the talking shotgun.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2002, 08:50:12 PM »

Also, if you like J-Men, you should check out "Firesign Theatre's Hot Shorts." Similar concept, with much of the same footage used, but this time the shorts are left as independent stories (as opposed to J-Men, which used some pretty impressive editing to weave them all into one movie). It's not as strong as J-Men, even though Proctor & Bergman are joined by fellow Firesign Phil Austin, but with J-Men's rarity, it may be the closest you'll get (I was lucky enough to pick up used copies of both at my local video store).
Flangepart
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2002, 12:59:17 PM »

Dang, where could i get that? I diden't see it on the Firesign website.  In fact, i think they showed some of that on the old "Bloopers and Pracical jokes" show. Yeah, that was good. Me want!
Vermin Boy
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2002, 07:02:36 PM »

eBay's probably your best bet. You may have to wait a while before a copy shows up, but it doesn't go for anywhere near the prices J-Men goes for.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  new movie, need help « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.