Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:06:24 PM
714482 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Undead (2005) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Undead (2005)  (Read 926 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: November 03, 2005, 05:01:14 PM »

Oh my God, it's coming true!

UNDEAD is a fairly stupid movie about meteorites causing people to turn into zombies.  Or so you would think.

I had heard good things about this movie, if you take "good" to mean "it really wasn't as bad as one might think".  Unfortunately, whoever I heard that from was lying.

First things first, UNDEAD is a comedy.  Not even comedy/horror, just comedy.  I don't mind that, but the movie doesn't really do anything we haven't already seen done better.  Second, since it's a bad comedy, all of the acting is overdone and none of the characters are very well drawn.  Third, no story.

Well, maybe there is a story.  There's certainly more of a story than you would think when the movie starts.  There's even points where the movie flirts with being interesting before devolving back into the pile of goo it was when it started.  I'm not going to describe those points to you, because it would spoil any surprises the movie even has.  (Okay, there's a funny bit with a fish, happy?)

Overall, 2.5 slimes.  I didn't really not like it, but I can't say I did like it.  It's that sort of ambiguity and bad sentence structure that causes me to just hold back from giving this movie my seal of approval.

Come to think of it, I really should design my seal of approval.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 05:22:35 PM »

Despite your review Mofo, I'm still really looking forward to it.  I have it in my Netflix que, but I keep putting things ahead of it.  It looks stupid, but fun...especially considering the budget the makers had.  

I'm actually starting to get sick of zombie films.  There has been a huge influx of them in the past couple of years and I'm starting to lose interest in my favorite horror subgenre.  But then again, films like "Hide And Creep" can do that to a person.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 11:33:24 PM »

I mentioned this movie some time ago.  It rocks!  It is a wonderfully bad movie, with marvellous overacting (the sherriff who delivers all his lines at a flat out yell), killer special effects (like a pair of torso-less legs walking around),  crazy fight sequences (the saw blade stuck on the broom handle comes to mind) and, horror of horrors a decent plot buried under the muck.

When it is finally revealed what is going on,  you just sit there and say "Cool!"

I STRONGLY recommend this movie.

Watch for the gun nut producing a pair of pistols from behind his back while COMPLETELY naked, except for a hat.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 11:45:02 PM »

I bought this bootleg at a comic convention awhile back. I agree with Mofo I didn't like it that much. I might give a second viewing but It maybe a  love or hate it type of movie.

-------------------------------------------------
Most of all I hate dancing then work, exercise, people,stupid people

Post Edited (11-03-05 22:46)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

dean

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 12:08:32 AM »

I am somewhat biased since it's an Australian production, and I'm a Zombie Nut, but I quite enjoyed it.  Sure its not the best film out there but it allowed me to zone out and just enjoy the silliness of the whole thing.

One scene I liked was the start, when the meteor[ites?] are zipping through people, in particular the one prick who was playing cricket at the local oval and was making all the kids cry.  That was a nice moment!

But yes, I'd say its a rather hit-and-miss movie, much like many low-budget films really...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 08:30:33 AM »

I loved it too.  I thought it was hilarious, and creative.  I particularly liked the ?soda pop? death scene.

Amanda
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Undead (2005) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.