Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:19:03 AM
714521 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Office Space Gift Set - Reviewed « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office Space Gift Set - Reviewed  (Read 972 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: November 05, 2005, 10:35:05 AM »

So, I have no doubt that much like myself, many of you on this board are fans of Mike Judge's Office Space.  For me, it's one of the best comedies to come out of the late 90s and is a film that I can watch over and over.  I've had the barebones version on DVD for a few years now but Fox just recently released a new Special Edition DVD thats been in the works for years.  

Most retailers are carrying the DVD, but Best Buy is carrying a Gift Set for 22.00.  I recently put in my order and received the package yesterday.  Here's what you get:

Office Space Special Edition DVD With Flair! - Terrible name....flair....could have lived without that

Red Stapler - A small (not swingline) stapler that even comes with staples

A Lumbergh Coffee Cup - Pretty sweet actually.  Coffee cup with Lumbergh saying "Ummm....Yeah..." with an Office Space logo on the back.

Office Space Pen/Pencil Pack - Two red writing utensils.  One is a plastic mechanical pencil and one is a red bic pen.  Both have the Office Space logo on them.

Magnetic Picture Frame - Basically just a magnet that you put a picture behind and then stick to a metal surface (duh).  Has a few quotes from the film around the picture.

TPS Reports - A whole pad of TPS reports.  Pretty good idea, but the bottom of each sheet has a picture of a gutted fish from the film....kinda kills the cool.

Mouse Pad - A mouse pad that is a picture of the unifrom that Anniston wears in the film with various pieces of flair on it, and photos of the main characters.

For 22.00, I'm more than happy with the set.  It's a pack of crap, but I love it.  It all comes in a box that is shaped like a file cabinet and it looks snazzy on my DVD rack.  I love having the red stapler, even if it is a small one.  My only complaint is...........................

THE DAMN DVD!

Us fans have been waiting for years for a new release of the film.  We have all suffered through our barebones copies for all of this time and we are given more of the same!  The box art for the DVD is sweet, but there are few extras.  We only get a "look-back" documentary with the cast and crew, some deleted scenes and the trailer.  That's it.  There is no commentary track which is inexcusable.  

But, as I said, 22.00 is a good price for the set.  I'd recommended it to anyone, especially for anyone who doesn't own the DVD already.  I'm actually considering buying another gift set and keeping it in the plastic.

Also, if anyone is curious, check back in a few days and I should have some photos up of the set and the various goodies.

Post Edited (11-05-05 09:43)

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 04:26:34 PM »

I love "Office Space." I think it's one of the best comedy movies ever made. But I'm sticking with my 'bare bones' edition. I'm not one to buy the late arrival 'special edition' DVD's anyway- but toys aside, this new "with flair" version seems especially bland.

But don't fret, Skaboi. I'm sure the "Office Space: No Salt" edition will be better.

BTW, thinkgeek.com sells the real full-sized Swingline stapler, if you're interested.

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 07:29:47 PM »

Nobody,

Yep, I'm familiar with the stapler on ThinkGeek.  I absolutely love Think Geek.  In fact I'm wearing a Penny-Arcade shirt I bought from them a while back.

I would love to have the stapler, but I can't imagine throwing down 22.00 on something that's just going to get stolen from my cube anyway.  The mini stapler is fine for me.

But, like I said, it's better if you already own the barebones DVD to just keep a hold of that one until a new version comes out sometime in the future.  Mike Judge likes to pretend like this movie doesn't even really exist, and had very little to do with this new Special Edition....that's why I'm not really holding out my breath for a commentary on any future DVDs.

But then again, Judge has a film coming out soon about a man who wakes up in the future only to find out that humanity has gotten incrediably stupid and he is the smartest man alive.  Maybe that will warrant another (better) DVD copy of Office Space.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 09:15:35 PM »

That's the same reason I haven't bought that thinkgeek stapler for myself. I know someone would steal it off my desk. I have a hard enough time keeping my plain black crappy stapler from walking away with some jerk co-worker.

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
Susan
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 06:46:20 PM »

Those swingline staplers are pricey, I was going to buy one as a gift for someone and couldn't find a decent price. Most of it sounds like stuff i already have on my desk at work. What I want is a way to break down my cubicle walls.

Btw do you watch "The Office"? I love that freaking show

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 07:54:02 PM »

Susan,

The Office..............

See, I enjoy the Office, and find it to be pretty damned funny.  Yet, I can't really say it's great considering the original Office.  The British one is still one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, and I'm quite glad that the American version keeps the same dry humor (sans laugh track).  But, quite a bit of the jokes on the American show fall decently flat for me.

But, I am considering picking up Season 1 on DVD if only for the commentaries on the 6 episodes.  I must say though, this second season is much better than the first.  The awards episode, the olympics episode and most recently the fighting episode have been quite good.

Susan
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 09:12:45 PM »

Skai - what makes it funny is that we go to work the next day and realize we have our own "drama" going on. It's funny and strangely sad. My supervisor is an idiot too. I have a ton of stories that could literally top that show.  I love that show because I live that life...institutionalized by corporate america and trying so desperately to keep my sanity. I think if I am anyone on that show it's "three hole punch" Jim

odinn7

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 08:10:49 AM »

Although it isn't filmed here, The Office is supposed to be taking place in Scranton, Pa which is basically the "city" I work in. Believe it or not, I haven't seen this show but the radio people are talking about it all the time. They always talk about how certain local businesses and bars and such are mentioned or "shown" during the show. I should watch it  but I don't watch a whole lot of regular tv.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Office Space Gift Set - Reviewed « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.