Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:46:21 PM
714486 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  NOW THAT THE STAR WARS SAGA IS COMPLETE . . . « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NOW THAT THE STAR WARS SAGA IS COMPLETE . . .  (Read 1907 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2005, 01:14:09 PM »

LH-C wrote:

> Don't you guys remember the two Ewok tv-movies?
>

Remember??  I bought the double dvd of the two Ewok movies a couple of months ago!!  Say what you will about them, I find them both incredibly disturbing and interesting at the same time.

Ewoks talking in the second 'Ewoks' film, despite the fact that they didn't in the first one?  It's craziness all round really...  

Childhood favourites can sometimes come back and bite you in the ass I guess...  damn Ewoks, I'm kinda glad they all died at the end of Return of the Jedi...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 02:27:59 PM »

The geek in me would like to see Han Solo as imperial officer cadet.  And some of the every day life under the Empire.  

The cynic in me would like to see Yoda cussing on how he's stuck in some damned swamp at 900 years old, rather than retiring in some sort of Space Florida condo complex.  
"What means you dinner coupon cannot used be at 4 pm? 800 years I eat at buffets and never this problem have had."

This in fact reminds me of something:
http://masterjediyoda.blogspot.com/

Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 07:14:34 PM »

I have one question.  As I recall, when the original movie came out, Leia was something like 12 years older than Luke.  Suddenly they're twins?  How the Hell does that work?  And don't give me any crap about differences in the length of the planetary years....
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 09:10:33 PM »

I've posted this before, but it is my personal opinion that when Star Wars was made, the thought of others had not really formed.  There's quite a few inconsistencies when you jump from Ep IV to Ep V.  I think IV was a standalone movie, with some open ended stuff (like Vader flying off instead of actually dying) "just in case;" when Lucas saw how popular and well received it was, he must have started working on ways to profit on that popularity.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Georgie Boy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2005, 09:16:59 AM »

I agree that there are alot of inconsistancies.  I also think that the original was meant to be a stand alone with sequels and prequels being afterthoughts.  However, the whole saga is fiction.

I have no problem suspending disbelief and enjoying them for what they are.  People believed War of the Worlds for God's sake...why would it be so hard to accept a little inconsistency in what is probably the greatest sci-fi saga ever filmed.

May the force be with you.  :-)
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2005, 09:24:23 AM »

Georgie Boy wrote:

>  what is probably the greatest sci-fi saga ever filmed.
>
> May the force be with you.  :-)

Many argue that Star Wars is not really sci-fi, at least in the strict sense (like Asimov is sci-fi, for example).  But we've had that discussion here, before, too.  

8~]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2005, 12:37:51 PM »

<>

Dean, you didn't.....I was thinking of getting them for my nephew. He's nearly 2 1/2, and would enjoy them. I was in I think 3rd and 4th grade when these first aired. I admit it - I like Wicket at lot (Warwick's personality really shines through the thick layers of his costume)and Ewoks in general, but the whole 'Ewoks save the Universe' in ROTJ was just too *ugh*. As for the Ewok tv-movies, I haven't seen them in 20 years, so I can't really comment, but I remember being really annoyed by Wilfred Brimley in the 2nd one.

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2005, 01:30:20 PM »

The first Star Wars novel mentioned something called 'The Journal (or Journey) of the Whills'.  Granted that I'm relying on a 25 year old memory here, but I'm fairly certain that was the name.  Is that a reference to the 'whole story' or is it something else.  I've never bothered investigating or Googling it but this seemed like a good time and palce to bring it up.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  NOW THAT THE STAR WARS SAGA IS COMPLETE . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.