Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:59:13 AM
714504 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Quick reviews of everything I've seen since the summer « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quick reviews of everything I've seen since the summer  (Read 1159 times)
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 11, 2005, 02:03:50 AM »

It has been awhile since I’ve posted any reviews so these go back to early in the summer.

The Fantastic Four - I loved this movie. One of the best adaptions since Superman the Movie (the best frame for frame adaptation is still the Wonder Woman pilot).

Wedding Crashers - Take the rules of the Knack (and How To Use It) and the conclusion of the Graduate.

White Chicks - An unbelievable concept that actually makes a very funny movie. A quick side note: A co-worker and I gave a tour of the radio station (we work at) recently to a group of Girl Scouts. The song “A Thousand Miles” by Vannesa Carlton was playing over the monitors. These girls all said they “love this song.” They didn’t sing along like the girls in White Chicks.

40 Year Old Virgin - I think my nephew took me to see this to give me a hint about my love life. It had it’s moments and I could have done without the dance sequence at the end.

WAITing - A side-splitting, gut-buster. I eat at least once a day at Chili’s. They know me by name there and I told several people there to go see this. They loved it. I think it was funnier to them than me, kind of the way Anchorman and reruns of WKRP in Cincinati is funnier to me than most people.

Dementia 13 - A classic. Nuff said.

Screaming Skull - I’d seen the trailer for years. This movie is boring and lame.

Sweeny Todd- The 1930's Tod Slaughter version - bought at Target for $1. For a the price it is okay but I actually enjoy Andy Milligan’s Bloodthirsty Butchers more.

Dead Men Walk - Another $1 job from Target. I had seen this one when I was a kid. Kind of fun.

Old School - “You’re my boy blue.” A funny take on the old slob/frat boy movies of the 70's and 80's. Speaking of Milligan, Andy Dick’s “instructor” character looks like the priest in Ghastly Ones.

Beyond The Fringe - A company call Acorn Media has unearthed a video tapped version of the final performance of the Beyond the Fringe revue (American version). Includes Peter Cook and Dudley Moore’s “One Leg Too Few” bit.

Navajo Joe - This Spaghetti Western is worth the purchase alone for the theme song.

Savage Guns - Another Spaghetti Western with cool music.

Young Land - Not great but it is by John Ford’s son and staring John Wayne’s son, Yvonne Craig and Dennis Hopper.    

Snake People - Boris Karloff’s last film. Not bad.

Family Guy - Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story - I’m addicted to this show.

Eat the Rich - Incredibly boring for a comedy.

Guaranteed Laughs Caught by Surprise - $3 more than it was worth. I PAID $3 for it. Sure thereis more than enough nudity, but really these little pranks are all the same. Either butt-less pants or people stripping down in public.

Good Night and Good Luck - Great movie. I studied Edward R. Murrow in many a college media class. Great use of old news footage.

Play Misty For Me - I had an almost stalker so this one kind of got to me. Great surprise ending. Jessica Walters character is one of the great psycho women of the 70's.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 04:39:21 AM »

Ozzymandias wrote:

White Chicks - An unbelievable concept that actually makes a
> very funny movie.

I shut that movie off and returned it after watching the first half hour.

Post Edited (11-11-05 14:46)
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 09:13:31 AM »

Ash, my man lighten up dude. Nothing wrong with some diversity, everybody's got different tastes. I don't know how many reviews I've read of films I've seen  and then wondered if the reviewer actually saw the same movie.

Post Edited (11-11-05 12:09)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 12:48:42 PM »

The Fantastic Four - I hated it.  They made Reed Richards out to be a dork and Dr. Doom was a lame villain.  I was so disappointed when I saw this.

Wedding Crashers - Haven't seen it, but it's on my "must see" list.

White Chicks - I have no desire to see this one.

40 Year Old Virgin - Haven't seen it, but it's on my "must see" list.

WAITing - Don't know much about this one.

Dementia 13 - A classic. Nuff said.

Screaming Skull - Saw it a long time ago when I was a kid.  Don't remember much about it.

Sweeny Todd - Not at the top of my "must see" list, but I do own a copy of BLOODTHIRSTY BUTCHERS on DVD.

Dead Men Walk - I have this in one of my 50 MOVIE SET collections.  haven't watched it yet.

Old School - Somehow, I missed this during its theatrical run and I never bought the DVD, either.  I'll probably buy it some day.

Beyond The Fringe - I'm not really a fan.

Navajo Joe - Another one that has eluded me over the years.  I'm sure I'll see it eventually.

Savage Guns - Not familiar with this one.

Young Land - Not familiar with this one.

Snake People - I have it on one of my 50 MOVIE SETS.  Haven't watched it yet..

Family Guy - Not a big fan.

Eat the Rich - Never had much interest in seeing this one.

Guaranteed Laughs Caught by Surprise - I'll pass.

Good Night and Good Luck - One of the movies I definitely want to see.

Play Misty For Me - One of my favorites from the 70s.  I have the DVD and have watched it numerous times.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 01:21:21 PM »

White Chicks.....  They Wayan's Brothers belong in front of a camera as much as Adam Sandler does.

Did I mention that my favourite part of the Dungeon's & Dragon's movie was watching the death of Snails, just because he was a Wayans?
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 02:00:49 PM »

Strangely, my mom liked 'White Chicks'! No joke! I haven't seen it, but I was extremely shocked! She had to watch it for her boss (no idea why), and I was like 'Mom, you're crazy.' And she was like 'I have to watch it for so-and-so. I didn't rent it for myself.' But then she thought it was funny! I still don't know what to think!

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 09:59:15 PM »

Missed this post when it came out Ozzymandias.....................

Savage Guns - Not a bad little Spaghetti Western with cool music like. I liked it.

Young Land - I liked this Western. One of Dennis Hoppers oddities. Didn't realise that Ford's and Wayne's sons where in it. Thanks for the info Ozzy.

Snake People - This one has been on my list for a long time. One of Boris Karloffs last films made in Mexico. Looking forward to viewing it someday. Have the trailer on Something Weird Sampler.

Navajo Joe - One of the worst Spaghetti Westerns starring Burt Reynolds. Not even the music could save Reynolds as an Native American.

Dementia 13 - I own this one, but havn't finish it. Got up to the part where the dude is floating at the bottom of the pond.

Screaming Skull - Own the DVD, but havn't seen it since childhood. Always remember the skull chasing someone down the stairs and out to the fountain.

Dead Men Walk - Ok film, but nothing to write home about. Stars George Zucco.

Old School - Been wanting to see this one to finish up my Will Farrell films.

Family Guy - I watch a little bit with my daughter once in a while. Fun show.

Play Misty For Me - Only saw parts of this Clint Eastwood film. Always caught the middle and couldn't get into it.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Quick reviews of everything I've seen since the summer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.