Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:32:52 PM
714494 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  To All Archie Comics fans.... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To All Archie Comics fans....  (Read 1185 times)
pops_mcfly
Dedicated Viewer

« on: November 21, 2005, 02:56:50 PM »

If you don't already know there is an old 90's Archie tv movie out there.

If your a true Archie fan avoid it at all costs. The characters are way off most of the actors are wrong and there is a quite a bit of foul language and sexual innuendo in it. Archie comics has always been a G-rated family comic--to turn it into an adult movie was just sickening--for example Mr. Lodge is almost demonic. like I said before sick. the writers and others involved with this movie obviously did little or no research into the comics.

God, why did some moron decide to ruin the Dukes Of Hazard with Jessica Simspon as Daisy? Yeaaaaauuurrrgggghhh--the HORROR!
Mr. Lobo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 03:46:51 PM »

I had the singing voice of "The Archies", Ron Dante on my Halloween special in a musical homage to watching TV...

http://www.rondante.com/LoboDanteWrap.rm

"They're not bad movies...just misunderstood"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 06:41:41 PM »

Oh, I'm sure they did the research. Then they declared that it would not appeal to today's audiences, and did whatever the hell they wanted.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 06:46:33 PM »

I'm sure the fact that Archie is in fact a born again christian never actually came up in the movie.  You can ocassional find religious themed Archie comics in stores that sell Bibles and other christian relate paraphenalia, like Veggie Tales tapes....
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 02:20:50 AM »

I saw this when it aired on TV. While I was an Archie fan as a kid, I thought it was a fun take on the classic characters. I especially loved Lauren Holly as Betty (the best part was the close-up of her butt in the little white tennis skirt).

I'm begining to wonder what kind of people are getting on this board. Lighten up!
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 09:22:19 AM »

Um, yeah . . .
Remember, this IS Badmovies, so when anyone gets on here & excoriates a given film, you're really having the effect of getting at least some of us all excited about finding & watching it --
We are connoseiurs of the inept, the bad, and the mistaken!  The fact that they got Archie all wrong makes me very curious!!
Though I tend to be put off by most comic-to-live-action adaptations.  Sin City is about the only thing I've seen that got it right -- everything else you just sort of have to cut slack on -- including Spiderman.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
pops_mcfly
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 10:58:08 AM »

That may be true but I am still PO'ed that they completely destroyed the Archie characters. just because it's a bad movie don't mean I have to like it.

fact I'd give it a skull for the disrespect they did to Archie.....

however if YOU  wanna see it it's avalible on video........

God, why did some moron decide to ruin the Dukes Of Hazard with Jessica Simspon as Daisy? Yeaaaaauuurrrgggghhh--the HORROR!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  To All Archie Comics fans.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.