Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:13:08 AM
714441 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Trying to find a Flic « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trying to find a Flic  (Read 1155 times)
ThadC
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 22, 2005, 06:07:10 PM »

I remember either a TV show, or a movie I seen when I was a kid that had a tractor-trailer rig with a helocopter that came out of the cab of the truck. I can not for the life of me remember what it was, but have this strange desire to find it.... It is like a popcorn bit in the back tooth kind of thing. Anyone have a clue?

(((Little purple bunnies live in my sock drawer, and they tell me to burn things.)))
Crazy people have more fun.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 06:46:42 PM »

That sounds like the old cartoon M.A.S.K.

Only the evil leader had a helicopter that transformed into a jet.
And his henchman drove a tractor-trailer.  The back of it opened up and fired a huge rocket.

Maybe that's what you were thinking of.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 07:23:40 PM »

I seem to recall it as well, although I don't think it is a cartoon.  As I recall the truck was black with a yellow stripe (or am I thinking Knightrider?)  If I'm right it was a  tv movie intended as a pilot for a series that didn't make the grade.  Don't recall the title though.

Of course Icould be completely wrong....
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 12:51:05 AM »

I also seem to recall some short lived live action tv series about a guy with a rig that turned into a helicopter.
Sadly, I only caught one episode, and I don't remember the name of the show or any of the actors.
I do recall however, that it co-starred that Austrailian bodybuilder who had been doing those ads for Energiser batteries. I think his name was Jacko or something, and his trademark was walking around screaming "OY!"

As I recall, the show was about a bunch of bodybuilders in Mad Max costumes who were supposed to be government agents whose authority superceded that of any other law enforcement agency in America.

The episode I caught was about two of these agents investigating the murder of an agent who was on leave. They later discover an android factory, and we learn that robots react to getting whacked over the head the same way humans do.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
dean

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 02:32:45 AM »

That would be the Highwayman tha lilcerberus is talking about.  Not sure if it fits in with ThadC's film though.

Jacko is an ex-footballer [Australian Rules Football mind you] who also penned a song whose name I can't remember, but it was silly enough to do reasonably well, and I remember one day as a small kid, seeing him hanging around at an indoor sports center where my dad was playing indoor cricket.  I was so excited at the time!

:-P

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 02:55:56 AM »

dean wrote:

>
> That would be the Highwayman tha lilcerberus is talking about.
> Not sure if it fits in with ThadC's film though.
>
> Jacko is an ex-footballer [Australian Rules Football mind you]
> who also penned a song whose name I can't remember, but it was
> silly enough to do reasonably well, and I remember one day as a
> small kid, seeing him hanging around at an indoor sports center
> where my dad was playing indoor cricket.  I was so excited at
> the time!
>
> :-P
>

Well, both http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093189/ and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094479/ seem to fit my impression.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
dean

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 03:23:49 AM »

Aha, good ol' imdb.  The name of the song 'Wacko Jakco' did was 'I am an individual' and I have to say, the video clip was pretty silly, with this big guy Jacko constantly pointing at the screen and telling us exactly how much of an individual he is.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
ThadC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 06:34:46 AM »

Highway man!!!!  thats it. So, I'm not crazy, there was a rig that had a helo pop out of it.... cool.
I wonder if I can get it on disk, or VHS anywhere.

(((Little purple bunnies live in my sock drawer, and they tell me to burn things.)))
Crazy people have more fun.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 07:17:04 PM »

Røyking kan føre til ein langsam og smertefull død.

I had one too but the wheels fell off....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Trying to find a Flic « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.