Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:22:53 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lil' movie help over here! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lil' movie help over here!  (Read 1245 times)
Dr. Kobb
Dedicated Viewer

« on: November 29, 2005, 12:15:55 PM »

There's a movie that used to play on TV when I was a kid in the late `70's that I would love to find.  Unfortunately, I have little but faulty memory to go on, but you guys n' gals are the go-to crew for movie obscurities, so I thought I'd give you a try.  Any help is sincerely appreciated.

The film may or may not have been a made-for-TV-movie.  All I remember, was there was a person(I think it was a kid) who would visit this secluded area and scratch on the ground.  There was a woman buried alive, and she would feebly scratch back.  I vaguely recall that the woman MAY have been a wife that a husband was trying to get rid of.

I know that's damn little to go on.  I have been collecting  rare films for over a decade, but have had no luck rediscovering this one from my youth.  I can tell you it's not either version of the movie "The Vanishing", nor is it the `70's sleazer, "Candy Snatchers", although both films have a similar theme of burial alive.

It's a long-shot, but maybe, just maybe, someone here has seen this???

"They turned a forbidden paradise into a raging hell!"
ThadC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 12:31:56 PM »

Boxing Helena? I am not sure. not much to go on. Anything else you can remember about the flic?

(((Little purple bunnies live in my sock drawer, and they tell me to burn things.)))
Crazy people have more fun.
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 12:38:22 PM »

Kobb,

You said that it's not The Candy Snatchers, but damn it sure does sound like it.

You sure?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Dr. Kobb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 12:46:30 PM »

Sadly, very little else springs to mind about the darn thing.  Very similar to "Candy Snatchers", except that, if memory serves, the woman wasn't bound/blindfolded/gagged, and I seem to recall she was an older woman, perhaps even elderly.
Also, (again, if memory serves after all these years) I recall the area the person(child) visited as more of a low-laying forested area, as opposed to the hillock the mute child in "Candy Snatchers" visited.  I don't recall this one as being nearly as graphic as that sick little number.

Definately not "Boxing Helena".  This was produced prior to that one.

Many thanks for the ideas, though.  I fear this one will remain a distant memory.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 12:54:02 PM »

Kobb,

Ok, I know that this isn't the film, but you mentioned that it's possibly an elderly woman that is buried.  Could it be Guarding Tess?  It doesn't fit in with the time bracket you mentioned in the original post, but I do remember her being buried in the film.  

Unfortunatly I don't recall much else.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Dr. Kobb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 12:58:14 PM »

Aha!

I think I found it!  I did a plot-search on IMDb and dug-up(sorry!) this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067721/plotsummary

Now, the big question is: Where do I score a print?

Many thanks to everybody for the ideas.  Other message boards haven't even made the effort to guess, and you all came up with some good possibles in mere minutes!

Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 02:09:28 PM »

I'm sure you've got the right story if not the right version.  It's based on a short story of the same name by Ray Bradbury.  There is also a version of this that was made as an episode fo Ray Bradbury Theater, starring Drew Barrymore as the girl (aged around 12 or so).  It's very good and fits your description almost exactly.
Dr. Kobb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 02:46:27 PM »

Very good, Gerry!  I will have to look into that Ray Bradbury Theatre version.

The one I'm thinking of stars Olivia deHavilland, and I am having no luck whatsoever on finding a print.  I was hoping VideoScreams might have it, as they have alotta rare Made-For-TV prints.  Alas, no go.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 03:09:24 PM »

I must have seen parts of the Ray Bradbuy edition, since I know I've seen this story before.

Man, now I really want to see it.  They should release Ray Bradbury Theater on DVD.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Dr. Kobb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 03:16:58 PM »

The one I'm thinking of, "The Screaming Woman'(TV `72) starring Olivia deHavilland, scared me s**tless as a kid.  Just the whole concept of burying someone alive like that, presented to someone at such an impressionable age.  Not good.  Ranks right up there with blindness as one of biggest fears.

Dr. Kobb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »

Mofo Rising wrote:

> I must have seen parts of the Ray Bradbuy edition, since I know
> I've seen this story before.
>
> Man, now I really want to see it.  They should release Ray
> Bradbury Theater on DVD.

Well, whaddya know?  I just scored the DVD from eBay!

Dr. Kobb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 05:48:49 PM »

Oh my Gawd, folks!  It just gets better!  Someone directed me to a seller on iOffer who has a DVD-R of the one from my youth!!!  This has been a terrific day(well, not for my bank account...)!

ThadC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 06:21:29 PM »

Good to hear you found it. Ebay rocks!!!

(((Little purple bunnies live in my sock drawer, and they tell me to burn things.)))
Crazy people have more fun.
Dr. Kobb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 06:59:13 PM »

Thanks, ThadC!

I am so excited about this, `cause I never really thought I'd ever find out the name of the darn thing, let along get to see it again.
Though not quite as excited about the "Ray Bradbury Theatre" DVD from eBay, it will be interesting to see both versions of the story.  Plus, the DVD has several other episodes from the series, and I don't know that I've ever seen ANY of them.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lil' movie help over here! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.