Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:45:54 AM
714467 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hurting for some Cult movie soundtracks « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hurting for some Cult movie soundtracks  (Read 1446 times)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 06, 2005, 09:59:53 PM »

two soundtracks i WISH some company would pick up in the US to release on CD are to the cult classics:

1. Satan's Sadist - Al Adamson's classic biker film, if you ever see it the intro song will so get STUCK in your head!
2. Django - how can you beat that hip/lounge singing/dramatic bravado of a theme song: "DJANGOOOOOOOO!"

Anyone got any other favorite cult movie soundtracks you wish they would release?
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 11:27:02 PM »

I recently bought Batman the Movie soundtrack from 1966. Would love the soundtrack to original version of Bedazzled?
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 11:30:59 PM »

Ozzymandias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I recently bought Batman the Movie soundtrack from
> 1966. Would love the soundtrack to original
> version of Bedazzled?

There was NO soundtrack to the 1966 BATMAN movie....What you likely got was the soundtrack to the TV SERIES.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 11:34:09 PM »

Chopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> two soundtracks i WISH some company would pick up
> in the US to release on CD are to the cult
> classics:
>
> 1. Satan's Sadist - Al Adamson's classic biker
> film, if you ever see it the intro song will so
> get STUCK in your head!
> 2. Django - how can you beat that hip/lounge
> singing/dramatic bravado of a theme song:
> "DJANGOOOOOOOO!"

The original LP release for that one turns up on Ebay now and then, but RARELY. Personally, I've never even seen that album.....I've contacted producer Sam Sherman in the past about releasing some soundtrack CD's of various Al Adamson scores, and this one would also be a likely candidate. Personally I don't think we'll ever see much in the way of any Al Adamson soundtrakcs on CD. Sherman told me he still has some original sountrack elements/masters from the films he and Al made together, but nothing has come of that idea so far.

Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 09:21:40 PM »

EXCUSE ME... I think I know what CD I just bought by mail order and it was the soundtrack to the 1966 Batman movie. It is a limited edition CD I ordered through Collector's Choice. It is produced through Film Score Monthly.

Got to this address and see:
http://www.screenarchives.com/fsm/detailCD.cfm?ID=75
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 04:04:05 PM »

OY!
Its true!
Thiiiiis looks intresting...could be useful! Thanks, Ozzy!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 11:23:28 PM »

Thanks for that link, Ozz....I wasn't aware that particular soundtrack had been released. With so many limited edition releases out there and others from smaller companies, it's hard to know what's available other than from major companies that mass-market and mass-merchandise a title.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 11:29:34 PM »

I'm not sure if it's the same one, but I came across a copy of the "Django Shoots First" soundtrack on cd at Xploitedcinema .com

http://www.xploitedcinema.com/sounds/sounds.asp?title=2665

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 12:05:06 PM »

Also - forgot to mention El Topo.
Genetic_Mishap
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 07:46:18 PM »

I'd like to see the soundtrack for "Rock N Rule" released. Cheap Trick and Blondie and Earth Wind and Fire- oh my!

Not the whole soundtrack, but I'd love an MP3 of the weird Scottish squaredance song from "Lair of the White Worm."

Genetic Mishap-
When Darwin's Theory Meets Murphy's Law...
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 08:38:29 PM »

"I'd love an MP3 of the weird Scottish squaredance song from "Lair of the White Worm."  

HAHA, that would be cool. god we're such nerds. *Snort*
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 01:19:50 AM »

Y'all remember when Full Moon used to boast putting out their soundtracks? I personally could never find any of 'em, but I tend to hear every now & then that they're out there somewhere.
A couple I've always wanted to find are Huntress: Spirit of the Night & Bad Channels, or at least a decent full length MP3 of Manic Depresso by Sykotic Synfony.

Another soundtrack I always thought was pretty cool is Dudes (1987). Saddly, I was told by a record store clerk when I was a kid that they never released an official soundtrack, so one day I did a slo-mo through the closing credits & spent the next couple of years tracking down each individual artist. The three I really liked were the Vandals, the Tail Gators, and the Little Kings. The Tail Gators were okay, but the album version of Urban Struggle by the Vandals sucked compared to the live version in the movie. As for the Little Kings, they only made one album, and I had to special order it from one of those record stores over on the bad side of town, and saddly, it didn't include their song Lost Highway that they play in the opening credits.

At least I was able to find the soundtracks for Repo Man & A Clockwork Orange in in the closeout section back in the early '90s.

Keep on Rockin'!

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hurting for some Cult movie soundtracks « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.