Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:03:06 AM
714441 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Good Movie or BAD!?!? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Good Movie or BAD!?!?  (Read 2159 times)
Richie C
« on: January 11, 2002, 07:26:29 PM »

Hey have you guys been bombarded with the Kung Po sopof movie all over the web???  Eeesh!  This movie might not quite deliver (cough! cough!)  We've had enough "dumb" movies right? Not sure I want to spend $9 to see this janky flick......arrrggg...BUT I did see a cool preview for Mothman Prophecies (cooler idea and not dumb) here's the site:
http://www.spe.sony.com/movies/mothman/
peter johnson
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2002, 07:37:06 PM »

I hope Mothman gets people interested in the writing of John Keel & Forteana in general -- easily one of the most unique writers around --
systemcr4sh
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2002, 08:16:39 PM »

I love spoof movies and the barrage  of crap-spoofs (Scary Movie, Not Another Teen Movie etc) that sometimes LOOK like good spoofs that turn to be gross-out-fests. I hope this isn't like that, I think it'll be good cause its PG-13. If a spoof is R its most likely gonna suck.

Look at all the Good Spoofs

Airplane/Airplane 2: Both PG
SpaceBalls: PG
Any Naked Gun Movie: PG-13
Hot Shots 1 or 2: PG-13
Loaded Weapon: PG-13

I'm not saying that no matter what if its R it sucks. But the majority of spoofs
that are R (That I have seen) are bombs

-Dan
peter johnson
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2002, 08:25:49 PM »

That's an interesting observation about the PG vs. R thing.
I also find it funny that no matter how much we profess to love BAD movies here, we always end up talking about GOOD movies --
sort of Machenian Dualism in action --
Scotty Xtreme
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2002, 11:29:19 AM »

I would say that you are right on that one.  I think that most comedies that are R rated rely mainly on shock humor, not to say that I don't laugh at a lot of these jokes.  When you try to make a comedy that is PG-13 or lower, you have more of a challenge at actually being funny rather than just grossing out or relying on heavily sexaully humor.   I do like many R rated movies, but the real humor lies in witty humor, not just a girl getting stuck to the ceiling in uh, well, you know.
Drezzy
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2002, 12:01:03 PM »

Spy Hard was PG-13, and it kicked ass.

Yes, the best parody films are PG-13 and under. Unless you count my Alien parody project that I'm writing a script for...it's definitely R-rated...
Flangepart
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2002, 12:45:30 PM »

Ya' know why, don't ya? Because haveing to keep it PG-13, you have to be Clever! Cussin and grossout is easy, being smart and sly is hard. Thats why comedy is a serious busness.
Lee
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2002, 03:14:58 PM »

What about Blazing Saddles? It's rated R and it's a freakin classic! My Cousin Vinny(not a spoof but it is a comedy) is rated R and that's a great movie too. I'm not sure what you guys have against Not Another Teen Movie, I was laughing my ass off!
Scotty Xtreme
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2002, 12:07:25 AM »

I, personally have nothing against R-rated comedies or parodies.  Its just that some of these movies go for the cheap, easy laughs too often.  Sure sexual and gross humor can cause lots of laughter, but it doesn't take a genius to think of a girl getting stuck to the ceiling in semen.  As far as Scary Movie goes, it had a lot of funny stuff in it(my favorite person was Doofy, the ripoff from David Arquete's character in the Scream series).  Scary Movie 2 was not nearly as good as the first, and used some of the same jokes again(the semen, most noticeably).  It was as if the Wayans thought, "hey, we made quite a healthy sum on the first one, let's hurry and get another one out this summer."  Very little thought seem to go into that one.  As far as Not Another Teen Movie goes, I laughed at that one also, but if there is a sequel within a year, i'll most likely skip it until it comes out on video.
Nathan
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2002, 11:24:42 AM »

Puny human use big words.  Hulk smash.

Nathan
Flangepart
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2002, 11:29:44 AM »

I liked "Scream if you saw that i did last friday the 13th"....i hope i got that right....Tom Arnold was funny? who knew?! The running gag with the guy whineing "Oh, i'm never gonna get laid" was too dead on. For me, that  film was more like it. It had some great gags, including the school room tags, and the P.A. announcments. "Will the person who left real meat in the caffiteria, please remove it."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Good Movie or BAD!?!? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.