Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:53:05 AM
714402 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rapid Fire (1992) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rapid Fire (1992)  (Read 904 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: December 28, 2005, 07:49:46 PM »

Brandon Lee stars as Jake Lo a troubled college student who knows how to kick ass. Seems Jake's father died right in front of him while protesting at Tiananmen Square. Now Jake wants nothing to do with the Chinese freedom movement.

He is invited out by the nude model from his art class to a museum where there is  a fund raiser going on for the Chinese freedom movement. His life changes big time when he witnesses the murder of Chang (a middle man in a heroin ring) by Tony Serrano (Nick Mancuso), a mafia don trying to get his fair share of the heroin trade.

Jake is picked up by the FBI and flown to Chicago to testify against Serrano. Only the FBI guys are mostly in Serrano's pocket and quickly try to dispatch Jake. A task force of Chicago cops lead by Mace Ryan (Powers Booth) rescues Jake only to use him for their own ends.

Needless to say there is plenty of kung-fu, gunfire, explosions , and car chases. This is not one of the worst actioners I've watched, but it does get pretty damned silly at times.

All the acting is typical of late 80's early 90's action movies and those special 'bonding' moments between Brandon and Powers Boothe seem terribly forced.

Overall I would rate this as just another run of the mill example of the genre.  

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 08:48:35 PM »

"He is invited out by the nude model from his art class to a museum"

You had me at hello. Is that for real? What a great pick up line on both ends.

Girl: "I saw the way you were looking at me in class. You couldn't keep your eyes off me. Let's go on a date.

Boy: "I couldn't keep my eyes off you. It was for a grade-- Let's go to a museum."

Fun stuff.

Has Brandon Lee a respectable repitoire of movies to his name? All I've seen is Laser Mission and that movie was a pill... I mean a Dr. Forrester "Hard Pill To Swallow" pill. And I know he died during the filming of The Crow by an improperly loaded gun. But, is his career worth checking out?

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 10:36:37 AM »

I really like RAPID FIRE, it's got a lot of great action from Lee who was just starting to come into his own in a career.  This one and THE CROW are the only two of his movies that are really worth watching IMO, but they both show what potential he had before his life was so ignominiously cut short.

LASER MISSION - stinks
SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO - really stinks and has the most humiliating line Brandon Lee ever had to say (praising the merits of Dolph Lundgren's manhood)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rapid Fire (1992) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.