Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:46:10 PM
714424 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why I can't wait to see King Kong.... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why I can't wait to see King Kong....  (Read 3786 times)
pops_mcfly
Dedicated Viewer

« on: January 01, 2006, 01:49:03 PM »

After I see the newest Kong flick I plan to reveiw all three of them. The original (Which still rocks today)
 Peter Jackson's (which looks absolutely amazing and true to the original) and the horrid 1970's first attempt at a remake. I have heard there was a "Son Of Kong" sequel to it but seeing as it isn't about the "original ape" I won't count it....

I will say this, I wish the 1970's remake would get reveiwed here.never saw it until a couple days ago when I recorded off AMC. As bad as it was I wanna see the sequel to it.

God, why did some moron decide to ruin the Dukes Of Hazard with Jessica Simspon as Daisy? Yeaaaaauuurrrgggghhh--the HORROR!
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 05:43:24 PM »

Heh heh. I beat you to it.

I went on a Kong rampage and watched The 70's version, The Original, Son of Kong, Kong Lives, and the Might Kong (ugh!) which was all built up to Jackson's version.

C'mon watch the Might Kong, it's a lot of fun.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
pops_mcfly
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 07:06:42 PM »

Ah, well. Did you know they actually have a futuristic based cartoon about Kong?

God, why did some moron decide to ruin the Dukes Of Hazard with Jessica Simspon as Daisy? Yeaaaaauuurrrgggghhh--the HORROR!
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 07:14:49 PM »

Yes. I've seen it. It's on the WB, right? Apparently, Kong teams up with some people to fight robotic dinosaurs and the people can control Kong through telekenesis. What's wrong with a rampaging beast? Why do they have to control him? Is he some symbol of subversion the media and society doesn't want children to associate with? Grumble grumble grumble.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
pops_mcfly
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 09:15:56 AM »

I've never seen it but breifly as I switch channels but yes that is the one. From the little bit I saw it sucked just for that reason. the same goes for BOTH freakin' stupid Godzilla cartoons. The first 1970's version was so bad it was beyond belief but the 2000's animated spin-off on the american movie was even worse.....

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 05:49:12 PM »

If you want to see a REALLY bad movie, get your hands on a copy of QUEEN KONG.  I have the DVD and it is pathetic.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 06:02:20 PM »

We saw the new version today.

One word:   blecccchhh.

Is there a term for the phenomenon that happened to George Lucas, ie, you hit it big, everyone decides you walk on water, and no one ever questions your artistic judgement or restrains your excesses again?  I'd propose  aword for it if I could think of one.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 11:56:51 PM »

I am forced to disagree.  I saw the new Kong and was very impressed.  Jackson's vision was very faithful to the original and I didn't see any of the changes he made as being horribly evil.  And hey, Kong got three of the planes this time, instead of just one.  I was hoping he'd take them all with him....

As far as the Godzilla cartoon was concerned, i'm just happy Godzucci (Godzooky?)  vanished with it and didn't get his own spin off series....
daveblackeye15

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 12:36:27 AM »

Me, my bro and our mom saw it last night. Second time for me, third time for my brother, first for mom. It was even better the second time around!

Yeah I remember ,Shadowphile, in the original Kong destroyed only 25% of the plans (1/4) while this time it was 50% (3/6)

I noticed more things this time and I like this version of Einglehorn more, but the original, gentleman-like is still my favorite.

And those Leechs (Meat-Weasles as the crew named them) were still plenty disgusting.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 01:14:52 PM »

Peter Jackson strikes me as a true film geek given a lot of money to play with, so I can forgive him a few excesses. This movie rocked, although I think it could have been a tad shorter and not lost anything.

Kong himself is a real feat, like Gollum Weta out did themselves. The only part I didn't care for much was trading the Pteradactyl for a bunch of big bats. That's a nitpick though, Overall a great film.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 12:48:19 PM »

Godzucci, Godzilla's Italian cousin :D

Godzookie was really the only part of that show I hated as a kid. I could get past the initial reaction of "who the hell are these people on the boat and why is Godzilla at their beck and call?" and I could put up with them having an annoying kid aboard, but Godzookie was unfunny and unforgivable, even at my young age.

Funny, I remember wondering if he was supposed to be Minya, but deciding that couldn't be. Really, nothing about him made sense. He was just the obligatory comic relief animal all cartoon adaptations of live shows had added automatically at that time. Actually, Godzilla was a good example of all forms of meddling intended to make a show more appealing but having the opposite effect. They added in a whole new story line and characters, put in a kid, and added the "funny" animal.

I thought it was cool that the later Godzilla cartoon did turn to its predecessor for its basic premise. There was actually a lot I liked about it, and most of what was wrong with it could be traced back to the movie on which it was based.

Was looking forward to seeing the new King Kong, among other movies, but the wife and I are being held captive by our daughter. We're not ready to leave her with a sitter, and we aren't going to be that couple who take a baby to a movie. We'll wait for the DVD.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
daveblackeye15

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 02:29:03 PM »

What do you mean by later? The animated series based on the american movie, or do you mean later episodes of the original cartoon? I remember enjoying this first cartoon, though it didn't have King Ghidorah or Gigan the monsters were always pretty cool looking.

I'm sending in a SWAT team ASAP!

raj

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 02:31:18 PM »

Zapranoth,
I believe that is called Michael Cimino's disease:  Deer Hunter to Heaven's Gate.

Haven't seen this Kong, so I can't tell if Peter Jackson has it.
Mitch McAfee
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 03:54:41 PM »

Jackson certainly does have Cimino's disease.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 07:06:56 PM »

daveblackeye15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you mean by later? The animated series
> based on the american movie, or do you mean later
> episodes of the original cartoon? I remember
> enjoying this first cartoon, though it didn't have
> King Ghidorah or Gigan the monsters were always
> pretty cool looking.

Based on the American movie. Wouldn't have been a bad stand-alone cartoon (ie, not "Godzilla.")

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why I can't wait to see King Kong.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.