Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:27:47 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES (1981) - Worst zombie movie ever? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES (1981) - Worst zombie movie ever?  (Read 2356 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 22, 2006, 08:47:23 AM »

If this isn't the worst zombie movie ever, it is surely in the top 3.

The story has something to do with World War II, Nazis (who become zombies), doublecrosses, teenagers hunting for treasure, and a bunch of other stuff that I couldn't figure out.

The plot is fairly confusing - - try to keep track of the various characters and what year they are in (part of the movie takes place during WWII, part of it takes place in the present).  The zombies aren't scary, the gore isn't disgusting (and there isn't enough of it), the dubbing is awful, and the film editing and sound effects editing are the absolute worst.  During a WWII battle scene, the editing is so bad that you can't figure out who is shooting who.  Plus, when the machine guns are firing, you sometimes see the flash but don't hear any sound.  At other times, you see guys holding machine guns but NOT firing them and you hear "rat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat."

There is one scene in the desert where you hear the wind blowing.  I SWEAR part of the wind sound effect was created by a guy whistling into a microphone.

This movie is the pits.  However, if you MUST see it, you can find it in the CHILLING CLASSICS 50 MOVIE PACK.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Menard
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 11:05:58 AM »

Careful; you're treading on one of Scott's favorite movies.
akiratubo

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 02:54:12 PM »

Not nearly the worst zombie movie ever.  There are far, far worse zombie movies.  Hell of the Living Dead is much worse.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Menard
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 05:55:07 PM »

Hell of the Living Dead is at least entertaining. Oasis of the Zombies is an absolute borefest.
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 07:56:09 PM »

I always found Oasis of the Zombies to be at least bearable in that its stories do have some motivation and the characters that are in them feel some sort of attachment to their predicament. Meaning, they reacted in a believable way to their situation.

Now a movie like Virus 1980 directed by Bruno Mattei completely defies the description above, making it the worst zombie movie I have ever seen. What gets me every time, as it should every zombie movie lover, is how nobody remembers that shooting a zombie in the head is how to kill them. Time after time a zombie hoard attacks and bullets are wasted on the chest or arms when a single shot to the head will drop them. The plot is hard to follow in this movie because of the reliance on stock national geographic footage to set the environment and matching that with too much zoom makes the visual aspect of this movie very poor.

Basically it sucked.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 08:50:14 PM »

Hey, I kinda liked OASIS OF ZOMBIES. : ) It wasn't bad and like Scottie said the characters were ok and them going all together to the North African desert to find Nazi gold from his dead fathers map only to find Zombies.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 06:15:29 PM »

Scott:

Wow.  I could barely stay awake through this one and I didn't find any of the characters interesting.  And the last bit of dialogue was the WORST:

"Did you find what you were looking for?"

"I think I found myself."

Yes.  Fighting zombies will certainly help you find yourself.  Sheesh.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 09:31:36 PM »

: )

Anonymous User
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 12:45:49 PM »

My vote still goes for "Revenge of the Dead", (aka "Zeder"). Hell of the living dead at least had zombies. Picture a zombie movie where the supposed living dead never show up. After an hour and a half of build up... no payoff. I wish I spoke Italian, so I could curse at the film makers in their native tongue.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 01:12:33 PM »

My  vote goes to Vampire Vs Zombies. Their were Vampire who walked around in the sun with no explanation and no zombies whatsoever.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 06:20:33 PM »

Rich Andrini wrote:

"My vote goes to Vampire Vs Zombies. Their were Vampire who walked around in the sun with no explanation and no zombies whatsoever."

>
>
>

Better yet, there's Vampire Hookers, a movie where vampires can't go in the sun, yet the girls have tan lines on the breasts. Go figure that one.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Scott

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 11:28:32 PM »

THE DEAD HATE THE LIVING was the worst Zombie film I ever saw. The best part was the bumper sticker on that one car that said something about Fulci.

Menard
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 11:46:24 PM »

Philosophic_Zombie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My vote still goes for "Revenge of the Dead", (aka
> "Zeder"). Hell of the living dead at least had
> zombies. Picture a zombie movie where the supposed
> living dead never show up. After an hour and a
> half of build up... no payoff. I wish I spoke
> Italian, so I could curse at the film makers in
> their native tongue.

Zeder was released as Revenge of the Dead by a US distributor trying to take advantage of the zombie movie boom at the time and the re-titling had nothing to do with co-writer/director Pupi Avati. To be accurate, there are five zombie appearances in the film. Two take place off camera, and three on camera. When Don Luigi Costa comes up through the floorboards, out of his coffin, it was not to deliver flowers. If you saw the Creature Features video of the movie, then you have not seen the full movie, as they, randomly, cut ten minutes from the movie, including two complete scenes important to the plot. Zeder, although it does have zombies, is not a zombie movie; it is a resurrectionist story, and well done by Avati.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES (1981) - Worst zombie movie ever? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.