Main Menu

The Terror of Tiny Town

Started by Andrew, November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

What could be more perfect than an old western with cattle rustling, the stagecoach held up, a hero in white, and a villain wearing all black? The same western, but with an all-midget cast!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

ray

I saw this movie when i was 10 days old

Person

Once I had my fingers slammed in a door, pins stuck through it, set on fire, and squirted with lemon juice. The only other time I have experienced such pain is when I watched this movie.

Paul Westbrook

They actually made a movie like this? What is this? The Munchkins of the Old West would be a more suited title for this film.

Juliette

You must see this movie- it is a moral imperative. (I'm glad I'm not the only one who was weirded about by the penguin, though.) I've seen it sober, and tripping on acid, and I'm not sure which way is weirder.

Krissy

This movie is kind of scary!I had nightmares about these midgets for a week!  They're CRAZY!!!

jason hyde

a masterpiece of world cinema. next to herzog's even dwarfs started small, this is the greatest dwarf story ever told. i firmly believe that the simple inlcusion of a midget into any film will instanty make said film watchable, not necessarily good, but watchable as long as the midget is onscreen. same with voodoo. this movie takes that idea and runs rampant with it like a pair of sharp scissors, injuring any who might get in its way. that analogy really sucks, doesn't it? anyway, terror of tiny town is a work of rare vision. see it. some of the stars were in tod browning's freaks. i want to be in a band named jed buell's midgets.

scott

I'm sure this movie was made to be viewed after consuming a 128 oz glass of night train followed by 96oz Everclear chaser.  But since I don't drink, it is more likely that this movie was MADE by people who took great plesure in consuming their body weight in lighter fluid coolers.

Kelly

...ohmigod...this is decidedly un-P.C....it's very much like having to sit through a third-grade rendition of "High Noon"...there's something very unsettling about women who look like they're about seven years old dressed as saloon girls...i repeat -- ohmigod...

ithur

Basically no replay value here but initially life-changing

Dann

I've watched this about 3 times and the least time it sort of got painful to watch and I just wished for the end. But the very first time you watch it, it's hilarious. The acting it pretty bad. Ok really bad, but watching them ride the horses at breakneck speed (5mph) or play the cello makes up for it.

It took me until the third time to figure out who the Vampire was though.

Paul Westbrook

YAAAAA! The Midgets are coming! The Midgets are coming!

Chuck

Be prepared to "Hit Leather" and then some. I always wondered how they got a penguin to go west.

Mike Madonna

A twisted classic, but a classic nonetheless.  This did not hurt Billy Curtis's career at all.  He worked consistently through the late 1970's.  Check out Clint Eastwood's "High Plains Drifter" and you'll find Curtis there, too.

Funniest scene has to be a midget walking UNDER the saloon doors.  

The CATCOM Company released this film on DVD with a second feature ("Marijuana"), which I found at a place called "Value City".  I was pleased to see that CATCOM managed to include the film's narrative prelude on the DVD.  Not all video versions of Tiny Town have the intro on it.

scooter2002

A movie so bad -- so wrong -- so disturbing that not even Mystery Science Theatre 3000 would touch it.

What on earth was the audience for this movie going to be?  It seems to be made along the same lines as any hack western/musical only with midgets.  That was the whole purpose, just to laugh at people with dwarfism?  My God, that's disturbing.