Main Menu

World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)

Started by Scott, April 03, 2007, 12:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

So Shane McMahon has apparently been fired from the WWE for ruining the Royal Rumble.

Word is that he is now so p**sed at his dad that he is going to turn up next week on AEW.

I can't help but think perhaps this is all a work and both promotions are working together.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

bob

The Undertaker is getting inducted into the Hall of Fame

when I saw him live in 2008 I got goosebumps when he was making his entrance
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

HappyGilmore

Quote from: bob on February 21, 2022, 11:39:54 AM
The Undertaker is getting inducted into the Hall of Fame

when I saw him live in 2008 I got goosebumps when he was making his entrance
I saw him in like...2009 or so at a Smackdown.  It was on my bucket list of people to see.

Didn't disappoint.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Alex

I had heard over the weekend that Scott Hall (Razor Ramon) had fallen and broken his hip. It then came out that he'd had multiple heart failures while being operated on for his hip. Based on a message from Kevin Nash it does not look good. He is currently on life support while his family is gathered up. Once they are in place, it looks like they will be switching off his life support.

My sympathy to his family at this very tough time.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Trevor

Quote from: Alex on March 14, 2022, 06:23:35 AM
I had heard over the weekend that Scott Hall (Razor Ramon) had fallen and broken his hip. It then came out that he'd had multiple heart failures while being operated on for his hip. Based on a message from Kevin Nash it does not look good. He is currently on life support while his family is gathered up. Once they are in place, it looks like they will be switching off his life support.

My sympathy to his family at this very tough time.

He has sadly passed away  :bluesad:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10613231/Scott-Hall-died-age-63-pro-wrestling-icon-gained-fame-Razor-Ramon-nWo.html
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

HappyGilmore

RIP Scott Hall.  Used to be one of my favorites as a kid.

Alex

After 14 years, WWE is moving away from having a kid-friendly product. Are they going to try and bring back the Attitude Era? I would imagine this is a reaction to having competition once again.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

bob

RAW has been okish for a while now so I'll be interested to see how it effects the show.

Smackdown not going TV-14 is interesting to me. It makes me think USA mandated the change.

Smackdown has been unwatchable for the longest time and frankly could benefit from going TV-14. It can't get any worse.
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

HappyGilmore

TV 14 is a good thing. Needed to happen.

Alex

Ric Flair has announced his latest retirement match, which is going to involve his son-in-law and Jay Lethal.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Alex

Hearing breaking news that Vince McMahon has just announced his retirement and Triple H is back in charge of NXT.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Alex

Triple H is now head of creative for all of WWE and his wife is the boss. John Laurentius is out as is many of the old-school guys. Kind of a shame this didn't happen 10+ years ago. I guess though he has won the long game.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

bob

curious to see how this goes long term...

but in the short term since Vince left TV has been much better

bob

both shows have been better since Vince left, especially RAW

Smackdown is getting there, it needs more star power

Alex

Watching AEW still at the moment, but I am tempted to give WWE a watch.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness