Main Menu

THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM BAD MOVIES.

Started by CheezeFlixz, June 28, 2008, 09:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennywise37

of if you are a Roger Corman movie save money while adding Scenes from other movies.  the same car crash over and over or in the Poe films and even Transylvania Twist (1990) the same shot of the castle right next to the ocean

jimpickens

Bigfoot does not appreciate it when you pee on him learnt this from Night of the Demon.

LilCerberus

The classic Colt 1911 comes in ambidextrous for that two gunned vigilante, & comes with a dozen extra magazines, all of which can easily fit into a single pants pocket...
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Neville

Quote from: LilCerberus on July 20, 2021, 12:00:55 PM
The classic Colt 1911 comes in ambidextrous for that two gunned vigilante, & comes with a dozen extra magazines, all of which can easily fit into a single pants pocket...

Been rewatching "Last Man Standing", right? They address this at one point... sort of. We get to see Bruce Willis in his hotel room filling magazine after magazine.
Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.

Gabriel Knight

Quote from: Trevor on July 15, 2021, 05:56:32 AM
Quote from: zelmo73 on July 15, 2021, 04:40:05 AM
Quote from: Trevor on July 14, 2021, 06:26:19 AM
It helps to watch a really bad movie with others. I speak from experience, I watched Gymkata in the theatre (full house). :teddyr:

I can only imagine the general reaction in the theater of the infamous top-down view of Cabot's junk during his handstand walk down a flight of stairs.  :teddyr:

Most peeps in that audience went "Ewww" to that as well as the scene where the guy in a cloak turns around showing his naked backside to everyone.  :buggedout: :wink:

I'm still trying to figure out that particular scene. To think I discovered that gem by reading the reviews in this very same site.
Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2

LilCerberus

^There was a similar scene at the beginning of Deathsport (1978) that had me muttering, "really didn't need to see that!"^
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

zelmo73

Quote from: LilCerberus on July 23, 2021, 06:22:32 PM
^There was a similar scene at the beginning of Deathsport (1978) that had me muttering, "really didn't need to see that!"^

Don't forget "Bleacher Guy" at the very end of Teen Wolf (1985):cheers:

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"

jimpickens

If I'm in a situation where a commando team led by Megan Fox comes to save me I'll stay with the terrorist because they know what they are doing as in I won't get eaten by a lion.

Trevor

Quote from: Gabriel Knight on July 23, 2021, 06:12:35 PM
Quote from: Trevor on July 15, 2021, 05:56:32 AM
Quote from: zelmo73 on July 15, 2021, 04:40:05 AM
Quote from: Trevor on July 14, 2021, 06:26:19 AM
It helps to watch a really bad movie with others. I speak from experience, I watched Gymkata in the theatre (full house). :teddyr:

I can only imagine the general reaction in the theater of the infamous top-down view of Cabot's junk during his handstand walk down a flight of stairs.  :teddyr:

Most peeps in that audience went "Ewww" to that as well as the scene where the guy in a cloak turns around showing his naked backside to everyone.  :buggedout: :wink:

I'm still trying to figure out that particular scene. To think I discovered that gem by reading the reviews in this very same site.

At the beginning of Kurt Thomas' training, he can barely walk up one stair, in the middle of it he gets halfway up and at the end of his training he gets all the way up and his gentlemen's sausage  :buggedout: gets some air  :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Allhallowsday

I learned from GYMKATA that as bad as a movie idea is, its realization can be far worse.  If not a winner, a weiner.  :thumbup:

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

LilCerberus

Well, I mentioned the situation with my cable package on another thread, & the Comet channel hasn't been playing as many movies lately unless it's some sort of emo mess set to a sci-fi back ground that would be better suited for the LifeTime network, so I've been watching a lot of westerns on GRIT!.....

That said.....

The older the movie, the bigger the hats....

All revolvers automatically eject spent cartridges (They're always shown loading them, but never unloading them)....

Hair trigger is a good thing (Believe me, you do not want that)....

A Colt of 1873 or older is far superior to a Schofield or a Merwin & Hulbert....

Injuns: They either wear shirts or pants or neither, but never both....

Trevor

Quote from: Allhallowsday on July 28, 2021, 02:28:41 PM
I learned from GYMKATA that as bad as a movie idea is, its realization can be far worse.  If not a winner, a weiner.  :thumbup:

That's what executives at a film company realized that because of its' badness, Gymkaka is quite sought after and they released it on DVD. Odd thing: my DVD is locally sourced and it is Region 1 and the disc says Made In Mexico.  :question:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

LilCerberus

When scuba diving, one can still talk on an invisible radio with a regulator jammed in their mouth.....

pennywise37

deathsport  (1978) terrible movie but  the version i watched was cut as i taped it off tv years and years ago.

drinking yellow toxic waste will turn you into a zombie my source?  Redneck Zombies (1990) i watched a snob video of that and holy mother of god is that movie awful.