Main Menu

Thunderstorm Thread

Started by claws, July 25, 2019, 11:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMerchant

It's been storming here for the last week and a half.It did this morning. Now it's just cloudy and gloomy.
My favorite kind of weather!  :thumbup:
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Leah

Seems like every week there's been a day with thunderstorms that last about 10 minutes. Other days it's just been raining on and off for the day.  It's not unusual to see dark clouds overhead, then looking farther away it's all blue skies and sunshine.
yeah no.

claws

It was raining all day yesterday, and today half our town was flooded. Not only that but most if not all roads out of town were flooded as well. We went shopping at 1030 am and came home 0100 pm. Traffic was insane, police and the fire department were re-directing cars every which way. More thunderstorms expected tonight and next week  :buggedout:

Allhallowsday

It rained here so much Thursday night water started seeping into the basement where it had never happened through all kinds of storms in 24 years... 
Always lots to be happy about.   :thumbup:
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

claws

We had a nice little thunderstorm last night around 2 am. My bed is underneath a skylight window which was open. I watched the lightning and was listening to the rain hitting the window. Only lasted about 45 minutes though.

bob

I slept through a tornado warning stupid early this morning, the result of crazy winds which were accompanied by rain
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Allhallowsday on July 10, 2021, 04:02:34 PM
It rained here so much Thursday night water started seeping into the basement where it had never happened through all kinds of storms in 24 years... 
Always lots to be happy about.   :thumbup:

Tonight again.  Lots of rain thunder lightening and tornado warnings...in New Jersey! 
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

claws

I'm loving this summer so far. Temps linger around 70F and it's been raining almost every day, with a few thunderstorms thrown in the mix. We had two this week.

RCMerchant

It's been gloomy and storming all day!  :teddyr:

Makes me feel alive!

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

claws

No thunderstorms but we had rain every day since last week. It was 44F in the morning yesterday  :buggedout: which is kind of unusual for August.
Other than that temps don't climb higher than 60F.

I'm afraid we will have a hot autumn though.
Is it October yet?

claws

Even though local weather stations did not predict rain we had some last night 1:00 am.
They are predicting heavy storms for late sunday/monday.
Is it October yet?

RCMerchant

We're supposed to get hit tomorrow!  :thumbup:
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

claws

No rain (yet) but there's been lightning for over an hour

it's 11:42 pm here and I wouldn't mind a little storm to fall asleep later  :smile:
Is it October yet?

RCMerchant

It's thundering right now. At twilight.
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

ER

In the area where we live a cell passed through last evening with eighty mile an hour winds, knocking out power for 200,000 people. It was this release of energy caused after a daytime heat index of 111 and defined what summer in the Midwest can be.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.