Main Menu

COVID-19 Rant

Started by indianasmith, March 11, 2020, 10:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newt

Quote from: Trevor on October 05, 2021, 03:30:44 AM

My landlady asked me an hour or so ago if I had my jab yet and I said not yet: she told me that I must get it soon. I wonder if there was a "if you're not jabbed you can't live here anymore" vibe to it? :question:

{{{hugs}}}  Could it be simply that she is concerned for you?   
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

Trevor

Quote from: Newt on October 05, 2021, 08:17:40 AM
Quote from: Trevor on October 05, 2021, 03:30:44 AM

My landlady asked me an hour or so ago if I had my jab yet and I said not yet: she told me that I must get it soon. I wonder if there was a "if you're not jabbed you can't live here anymore" vibe to it? :question:

{{{hugs}}}  Could it be simply that she is concerned for you?  

I hope it's that and nothing else: she told me that all the other people who live here - including her husband, son and their workers (about ten people who are here daily) - have had their jabs. I told her that I'm not vaccine hesitant at all, so I made a booking for tomorrow morning after I've sorted Mom for the month and gone for breakfast.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

pacman000

Trevor

Had my jab two hours ago: my arm's a little sore but nothing more.

I have to go back on the 17 November.

I think I'm going to have a sleep this afternoon.

Rev. Powell

More rapid tests are coming in the USA:

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/575262-fda-authorizes-new-rapid-covid-19-test-says-capacity-will-double

Not a game-changer but a fantastic tool. With our vaccination rates as low as they are, I'm afraid Covid will likely be with us for a long time.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Trevor

I slept for nearly 5 hours this afternoon: thank you, vaccine  :buggedout: :buggedout:

pennywise37

make sure you aren't sticking to anything metal lol. 

Trevor

Quote from: pennywise37 on October 07, 2021, 12:04:37 AM
make sure you aren't sticking to anything metal lol.  

*Trevor walking around with toaster stuck to hand* What? No, nothing wrong here but thanks for asking.  :wink:

Trevor

I've slept every afternoon from Wednesday until Friday: this could be due to the vaccine but today I am going to fight it.

Leah

Ehh I think it's more stress related than from the vaccine.  When I got mine I felt fatigued the next day, day after I felt normal.
yeah no.

pennywise37

or you could just be just tired

bob

Quote from: Trevor on October 09, 2021, 07:03:35 AM
I've slept every afternoon from Wednesday until Friday: this could be due to the vaccine but today I am going to fight it.

could be a side effect -- I was really out of it for a few days after my second dose
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Trevor

I managed to get through yesterday - it's Sunday morning here already - without dozing off, so I guess it was just a side-effect.

bob

I'm thinking of taking a bit of a risk and getting my booster shot the day after Thanksgiving instead of ASAP

I work day to day and week to week as a sub teacher and need to work

the school district I work in has the school week short Thanksgiving week with no classes after Wednesday

that way if there's side effects I won't miss any possible job openings .. and if there are a few days I need to miss due to side effects I won't miss as many
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: bob on October 09, 2021, 06:06:34 PM
I'm thinking of taking a bit of a risk and getting my booster shot the day after Thanksgiving instead of ASAP...

When were you vaccinated? 
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!