Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:20:23 PM
714242 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 344104 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1590 on: January 31, 2022, 03:06:19 PM »

I see that the British Prime Minister got hammered in Parliament today and by hammered, I don't mean drunk  Buggedout

The report into his behaviour hasn't been released in full due to the police investigation into the parties at his house so there is more to come.

Oy 😳😳

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1591 on: February 05, 2022, 12:21:55 PM »

Our Minister of Health and Dirt has announced that masks are here to stay for now.  Buggedout

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/masks-are-here-to-stay-for-now-says-health-minister-joe-phaahla-20220204

Mr Minister: if you only know how inconvenient those masks are and that so many people are opposed to them......

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1592 on: February 05, 2022, 12:38:55 PM »

Our Minister of Health and Dirt has announced that masks are here to stay for now.  Buggedout

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/masks-are-here-to-stay-for-now-says-health-minister-joe-phaahla-20220204

Mr Minister: if you only know how inconvenient those masks are and that so many people are opposed to them......

Health and Dirt? Is that like combining health and agriculture, or dirt as in germs? Or were you kidding?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1593 on: February 05, 2022, 12:58:33 PM »

Health and Dirt? Is that like combining health and agriculture, or dirt as in germs? Or were you kidding?

I actually wish I was kidding.

The Department of Health's building in Pretoria was condemned as unsafe to work in last year: quite scary.  Buggedout

https://www.iol.co.za/pretoria-news/news/health-department-moves-out-of-sick-civitas-building-64f26a74-fdf0-4cbc-9b41-0339e647d23f

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1594 on: February 05, 2022, 01:04:03 PM »

C'mon, Trev. Like we don't know mask rules and how inconvenient they are. Lots of things suck. Like seat belt laws. Sometimes it sucks to not be able to run a red light because your in a hurry. But running into someone and killing them seems more so.
Your 'inconvenience' may mean someone's life.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 01:13:13 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1595 on: February 05, 2022, 01:18:02 PM »

I am opposed to wearing them as I find them uncomfortable, but I still do it because if I have Covid I am stopping someone else from catching it.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1596 on: February 05, 2022, 02:21:01 PM »

C'mon, Trev. Like we don't know mask rules and how inconvenient they are. Lots of things suck. Like seat belt laws. Sometimes it sucks to not be able to run a red light because your in a hurry. But running into someone and killing them seems more so.
Your 'inconvenience' may mean someone's life.

I get what you're saying but I have severe anxiety which has many triggers: one of those is things covering my nose and mouth. This comes from people holding me down, covering my mouth so that I wouldn't scream and abusing me in high school in 1983.  I will spare you the details of what they did to me. Bluesad

Also masks are ridiculous: we all have germs in us, we breathe them out, the masks trap them, we breathe in and the germs go back in our lungs again. That's why so many people get sick.

I have been vaccinated twice and will get my booster shot in May.

I do wear a mask in public around a lot of people, I wear one on public transport, in buildings, in my office but not at home or when I walk outside to the shops. Viruses hate fresh air and sunshine.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 02:35:42 PM by Trevor » Logged

Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1597 on: February 05, 2022, 03:16:21 PM »

Also masks are ridiculous: we all have germs in us, we breathe them out, the masks trap them, we breathe in and the germs go back in our lungs again. That's why so many people get sick.

That has a grain of truth to it, but it's largely irrelevant with how people are supposed to wear masks (that is, changing them at least daily).  The effect of breathing in what was just breathed out or within hours after has nearly zero noticeable health ramifications - that's why surgeons aren't riddled with health issues despite wearing masks for 8+ hours daily for decades.

That said, cloth masks are almost useless with omicron now, and that's still what the overwhelming number of people are wearing around me.  So, I'd actually agree it's basically safety theatre today, not really doing much.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1598 on: February 05, 2022, 03:22:56 PM »

I've seen some cool masks as ad hoc fashion statements over the last two years, but one that puzzled me had "IF YOU CAN READ THIS YOU ARE TOO CLOSE" written on it, and I wasn't sure if the person was being ironic or careful, but I gave her a thumbs up and she gave me one back, so she seemed nice for a bailiff.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1599 on: February 05, 2022, 11:26:18 PM »

Sorry, Trev, if I offended you. That was not my intent.
I ain't thrilled with having to mask up- but if Tiana has to do it everyday, and she works in a nursing home- I can do my part. ( I still talk to her!  Smile)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1600 on: February 05, 2022, 11:27:56 PM »

Sorry, Trev, if I offended you. That was not my intent.
I ain't thrilled with having to mask up- but if Tiana has to do it everyday, and she works in a nursing home- I can do my part. ( I still talk to her!  Smile)

First of all, you didn't offend me and secondly it's good that you still talk to Tiana  Smile

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1601 on: February 06, 2022, 12:03:19 AM »

My understanding is that the main purpose of wearing a mask is to protect others from your 'germs'.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1602 on: February 06, 2022, 10:10:28 AM »

My understanding is that the main purpose of wearing a mask is to protect others from your 'germs'.

That's exactly why I do wear a mask in public but not elsewhere.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1603 on: February 06, 2022, 10:55:56 AM »

I have a suspicion that if we could see what will be written in twenty years about this pandemic, we might be surprised, as those who live through history often are.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1604 on: February 06, 2022, 11:29:47 AM »

^ Maybe "What a bunch of morons!"
 or "Was there a 'stupid' pandemic as well?"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 11:33:34 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.