Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:39:21 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339674 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #345 on: May 13, 2020, 06:39:16 AM »

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #346 on: May 14, 2020, 11:51:37 AM »

Both sides of the political spectrum are out of work and may loss everything. Both are also dying.
If things reopen too soon, more folks will die, businesses will close up again, and it will start all over. And then we will be back where we were on day one.

And yet, If things don't reopen soon, more folks will die,

Explain this one to me, please.

I don't know about more deaths (forecasting this seems like wild guesses to me), but you can likely eventually expect an increase in "deaths from despair" in a prolonged shutdown leading to bad economic conditions.  That is, statistically significant increases in a variety of deaths contributed to by bad economic conditions and people being more socially isolated - suicides, drug overdoses, alcohol related accidents, crime, etc.  That's something that will be worse in America than in most other Western countries due to our pretty weak welfare system.  

On a side note to that, I would wager there'd also be fewer deaths in certain areas (maybe traffic accidents?) due to people being at home more, but I have no idea the overall balance.

I can't say this makes me think we need an immediate full re-opening, but it is a legitimate issue.  
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #347 on: May 14, 2020, 05:59:49 PM »

A friend of mine shared this, and I kind of agree:

Stolen from My face book friend Steven.
"Imagine being Bill Gates right now.

You spend 30 years of your life and $50 billion of your own dollars supporting humanitarian causes. You directly save hundreds of thousands of lives in South East Asia by providing anti malaria netting to half of a continent, you drop infant mortality rates throughout the entire developing world by funding vaccine programs including vaccinating 40,000,000 children for polio, and, amongst a plethora of philanthropic endeavors, you fund free educational platforms like Khan Academy so people can have free access to high quality education.

Then after donating half of your wealth to charity and pledging 90% of the remainder to charity in your will..

Arguably doing more to better life on earth for humanity than any other human being to ever live.

You then hop on the internet only to find a million scientifically illiterate f***ing imbeciles that are using the very computers you pretty much invented in the first place to call you a child murdering arch villian antichrist because they watched a YouTube video made by some other yokel with the comprehension of a f***ing potato."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
pennywise37

« Reply #348 on: May 14, 2020, 07:46:44 PM »

i just saw on yahoo news that bars are open now and they are it say full of people in short nobody gives a sh*t about the rules anymore because they i think, think the virus has gone away even though it hasn't and no bars should be open and when all these people get sick for not staying home and they end up dead

than they have nobody to blame other than themselves
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #349 on: May 14, 2020, 08:10:05 PM »

sounds like Bill Gates needs a better PR man right now, or maybe some kind of image overhaul.

if someone designed him a funky t-shirt with "I WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE....OR ELSE!!" on the front, that could work.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #350 on: May 14, 2020, 08:59:45 PM »

i just saw on yahoo news that bars are open now and they are it say full of people in short nobody gives a sh*t about the rules anymore because they i think, think the virus has gone away even though it hasn't and no bars should be open and when all these people get sick for not staying home and they end up dead

than they have nobody to blame other than themselves

This is in Wisconsin, right? The Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled (in a controversial 4-3 decision) that the stay-at-home order was unconstitutional.

I think most of the partiers think they probably won't get the virus, or will get it and not have symptoms (which is correct, the odds of them getting seriously sick are low). They're not worried about spreading it to others. It's selfishness.

Some of them probably think it's all a hoax, too.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37

« Reply #351 on: May 15, 2020, 12:28:09 AM »

yes it is and it's ........... stupid to keep it clean here i don't live there granted i live in ohio but it angers me when they are that stupid.  it's said that if you look at other countries they are doing a lot better and some of them are even going back to normal and yeah they are still being careful but their cases of the infected have went down because they  were playing it safe and doing the right thing,

unlike us in the states where we have such .......................idiots  that it's just plain sad and.............. and well you get what i'm trying to say i'm sure
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #352 on: May 15, 2020, 10:37:51 AM »

Conspiracy theories are cheat codes for ignorant people. Aquiring expertise in a given field is hard, it takes effort and dedication. It's a lot easier to write it off as bulls**t than it is to put your nose in a book or spend hours in a lab. So, rather than put in the work, just convince yourself that they're all lairs and you are one of the view smart enough to see through it. It's more satisfying to one's ego than to admit you just aren;t all that intelligent and you don't understand.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #353 on: May 15, 2020, 01:52:07 PM »

I don't need conspiracy theories, the facts are depressing enough...

One thing that's annoyed me about this whole thing is big highstreet companies pushing their brands in the name of 'charity'... ooh aren't we great, >insert brand here<...we've donated 500 masks to some random people, and  all NHS workers can get a free sample of shampoo from our stores between the hours of 7am and 7:15 every Tuesday. aren't we great!!!

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #354 on: May 15, 2020, 01:54:45 PM »

Alas very few companies is really going to do stuff like that for purely altruistic reasons. Capitalism just doesn't that way.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #355 on: May 15, 2020, 02:12:20 PM »

i just saw on yahoo news that bars are open now and they are it say full of people in short nobody gives a sh*t about the rules anymore because they i think, think the virus has gone away even though it hasn't and no bars should be open and when all these people get sick for not staying home and they end up dead than they have nobody to blame other than themselves
This is in Wisconsin, right? The Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled (in a controversial 4-3 decision) that the stay-at-home order was unconstitutional.

I think most of the partiers think they probably won't get the virus, or will get it and not have symptoms (which is correct, the odds of them getting seriously sick are low). They're not worried about spreading it to others. It's selfishness.
Some of them probably think it's all a hoax, too.

Here is a voice of reason.   Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
pennywise37

« Reply #356 on: May 15, 2020, 02:19:44 PM »

i vented even more on you tube and i wasn't clean about it on there lol and it felt great but while i was venting a thought hit me, on how stupid these people are

where the hell are they even getting the money to go to bars? i've been to bars they are expensive as hell and that's why i barely at all even go to bars and why they aren't for me. it's cheaper buying a bottle depending on what you like of course than going to a bar.   and at last count which is prolly higher now there are 36 million people out of jobs, as someone on you tube said they had 87 bucks in the bank some even less than that to pay not only for bills and food,

where the hell are they getting money to go out and get drunk when they got bills? i'm sorry paying bills and putting food on the table not only for yourself but your  family if you have one is more important than going out and getting drunk. actually it's also pointless to even do that cause a lot of people are drinking at home anyways after they bought bottles of booze. 
claws
« Reply #357 on: May 18, 2020, 01:11:23 AM »

Our town was lucky so far, until last weekend. It was reported today that 40 people from a retirement home have the virus. They are unsure how it happen because they didn't allow visitors for the last eight weeks. This is a hard blow as things were starting to get better in these parts. Oh well.
pennywise37

« Reply #358 on: May 18, 2020, 04:39:25 AM »

here in ohio they are opening it feels like damn near everything, some places no doubt are taking precaution and i commend them for that other places like some ....................idiot said in a statement on the news last night it's not my job for my customer's safety uh YEAH it f........ well is if you ...idiot

i swear we are going to have it get far far worse before June even comes and it's only in the States who has the biggest ...........idiots who care more about the rich than the every day joe like us. to use an old saying that's why we have the most death for those actually reported that is i think the numbers are far higher than it even reported cause in some states they aren't even reporting them and saying it's something else entirely
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #359 on: May 19, 2020, 08:01:25 AM »

Both sides of the political spectrum are out of work and may loss everything. Both are also dying.
If things reopen too soon, more folks will die, businesses will close up again, and it will start all over. And then we will be back where we were on day one.

And yet, If things don't reopen soon, more folks will die,

Explain this one to me, please.

Well, what are you going to do when your essential job suddenly becomes non-essential? What will you do when the unemployment insurance runs out? When the stimulus checks stop coming in from Nancy Pelosi's people? When the food supply chain runs dry? I guess you could go and live in the hills and fight over elk or deer with the other Natives...until they scalp you, that is.

I mean, we are all about gloom & doom in here, aren't we? So I guess we're going to have to start talking about this sometime; might as well start now.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.