Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:50:03 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 344111 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2020, 07:19:51 PM »

me too but i sadly doubt it. i also concur i believe/trust any doctor than a politician especially anyone who's in Trump's court
pennywise37

« Reply #256 on: April 19, 2020, 10:12:58 PM »

it was just on the news but here in ohio they are being stupid as well and gonna start to do cut back on the restrictions uh what the hell are they thinking? it's just too soon for them to do this. i want to have things get back to normal just like everyone else but it's just to damn soon for them to do that
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #257 on: April 20, 2020, 02:41:34 AM »

Blame China, for those of you that trust Yahoo News:

It is understandable that many would be wary of the notion that the origin of the coronavirus could be discovered by some documentary filmmaker who used to live in China. Matthew Tye, who creates YouTube videos, contends he has identified the source of the coronavirus — and a great deal of the information that he presents, obtained from public records posted on the Internet, checks out.

The Wuhan Institute of Virology in China indeed posted a job opening on November 18, 2019, “asking for scientists to come research the relationship between the coronavirus and bats.”

https://news.yahoo.com/trail-leading-back-wuhan-labs-172025888.html

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2020, 08:10:31 AM »

Blame China, for those of you that trust Yahoo News:

It is understandable that many would be wary of the notion that the origin of the coronavirus could be discovered by some documentary filmmaker who used to live in China. Matthew Tye, who creates YouTube videos, contends he has identified the source of the coronavirus — and a great deal of the information that he presents, obtained from public records posted on the Internet, checks out.

The Wuhan Institute of Virology in China indeed posted a job opening on November 18, 2019, “asking for scientists to come research the relationship between the coronavirus and bats.”

https://news.yahoo.com/trail-leading-back-wuhan-labs-172025888.html

If you want to play the blame game, I blame idiots like you for not taking this s**t serious here at home and blowing it off like it was something that's just going to magically "disappear".

Oh yeah, I forgot. Like your hero said- "It's all a hoax."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 08:41:33 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2020, 02:01:22 PM »

i know right and if we had a president who didn't spend more time on the golf course than we may not be going through this, i think it was Seth Myer who pointed out awhile ago that if you look at obama, or hell even Bush Jr, Clinton if you look at them before they stepped foot into office they looked younger and full of energy. than you look at them afterwords especially Obama who was a pretty young looking guy when his 2nd term ended and he looked like death warmed over him he was full of gray hair and looked 20 to 30 years older.

that's what a job like that does to you and you can tell those guys weather you like them or not actually did do their job even if you didn't like the job they did. than you look at trump and he looks the same and that's of course due to him never even being in the white house. but he must be going through withdrawl what with no golf.

hell even Obama when he took vacations he took the family with him.  with Trump......... need i say more?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2020, 03:37:29 PM »

Scientists are still investigating the origin of the coronavirus which has paralysed huge areas of the planet

Perhaps understandably, rumours have circulated that the virus might be man-made, but scientists have spoken out to explain why it's not true, Science Alert reports.

Specific features on the virus show that it's the product of natural evolution, according to experts - and some of the features could not actually be made in a lab.

Earlier this year, research published in Nature also concluded that it was not man made.

Nigel McMillan from the Menzies Health Institute Queensland told Science Alert, "All evidence so far points to the fact the Covid-19 virus is naturally derived and not man-made."

"No system exists in the lab to make some of the changes found."

McMillan also points out that some of the features of the virus would simply not make sense if it had been designed by human beings.

McMillan said "If you were going to design it in a lab the sequence changes make no sense as all previous evidence would tell you it would make the virus worse."

Rumours have also suggested that the virus may have originated in the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV), but researchers also said that this story doesn't entirely fit.

Edward Holmes of the University of Sydney said that the amount of changes in the virus kept in the WIV lab suggests it's unlikely to be the source.

Holmes said, "The closest known relative of SARS-CoV-2 is a bat virus named RaTG13, which was kept at the WIV. There is some unfounded speculation that this virus was the origin of SARS-CoV-2."

"However, RaTG13 was sampled from a different province of China (Yunnan) to where Covid-19 first appeared and the level of genome sequence divergence between SARS-CoV-2 and RaTG13 is equivalent to an average of 50 years (and at least 20 years) of evolutionary change."

Research also suggests another scenario where the virus has been circulating undetected for some time, possibly years.

The researchers wrote: "It is possible that a progenitor of SARS-CoV-2 jumped into humans," and acquired new features "during undetected human-to-human transmission".

"Once acquired, these adaptations would enable the pandemic to take off and produce a sufficiently large cluster of cases to trigger the surveillance system that detected it."

Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people, the World Health Organisation (WHO) says.

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause illnesses ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (Sars).

The researchers suggest that it's possible the virus could have "jumped" into humans many times, writing: "Sufficient opportunity could have arisen if there had been many prior zoonotic events that produced short chains of human-to-human transmission over an extended period."

Earlier this month, scientists unravelled some of the secrets of the new coronavirus in a breakthrough which helps to explain its rapid spread - and could lead to new drugs to treat it.

Researchers from the University of Minnesota investigated the 'spike' protein on the surface of SARS-CoV-2 to understand why the virus spread so rapidly.

The work could lay the groundwork for drugs to block the novel coronavirus from attaching itself to, and infecting, human cells, the researchers believe.

The study was published in the journal Nature.

Professor Fang Li, said "In general, by learning what structural features of viral proteins are most important in establishing contact with human cells, we can design drugs that seek them out and block their activy ike jamming their radar."

"Our work can guide the development of monoclonal antibodies that would act like a drug to recognize and neutralize the receptor-binding part of the spike protein.

Can't help but think that Fang Li would be great bad guy name.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2020, 07:12:15 PM »

you want rant? you got it. i have people telling me i should kill myself so THEY can go to work, since i'm high risk. GUESS WHAT? THEY'RE REPUBLICANS, LOUD AND PROUD!
  actually, they AREN'T. they're trumpkins, one and all. our friend indy, for example is an actual REPUBLICAN, from the party i knew as republicans before trump started destroying our country.

don't EVEN...EVER!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #262 on: April 21, 2020, 07:39:21 PM »

I am also techincally a republican btw. I registered to vote for Ron Paul in 08 primary and didn't feel a need to switch back and still don't.

talked to a nurse treating covid patients at the mass general ICU today. she said she has NOT noticed it getting better and doesn't feel we are plateuing or anything along those lines
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #263 on: April 21, 2020, 10:26:21 PM »

2800 people died of COVID-19 today.  That's the deadliest single day toll yet.
20,000 have died in the last week.

Sorry, but I do think reopening is WAY premature just yet!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #264 on: April 22, 2020, 10:05:55 AM »

WA state has ~ 7.5 million people.
We've tested only 145,000 of us so far (0.2%).  We are working on increasing testing capacity as is most everyone now.

12,282 confirmed cases, and thus far 682 deaths.   Only one in my county so far, which is amazing to me.

The Lieutenant governor of Texas was quoted as saying that "There are more important things than living, and that’s saving this country for my children and grandchildren and saving this country for all of us."     Which is quite an observation.  It's saving the country for all of us except for all of us who have died, I'd suppose?     It's almost as though some believe that no one can recover from financial ruin, and anyone can recover from death?

My state continues to keep everything locked down, and we're probably going to have the will to keep it that way until it's reasonable not to.  I expect that will be another 2 months but I don't really know, at this point.

I am so, so grateful that I, my family, my brothers and brothers in law, my mom, my nieces, my nephews, my coworkers, all are well.  No one close to me who is sick and in trouble.    Each morning, I thank Jesus that this is the case.   And then after that, I thank my colleagues.   And I thank the people who are delivering groceries, keeping the electricity flowing...

I am grateful too that we haven't heard of one of us badly ill... true?  Nothing I've seen.

Obligatory bad movie content:  my eldest daughter hasn't seen The Fifth Element.  Think will try to get her to watch that today or tomorrow.   Mult-eee-pass, you know?
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #265 on: April 22, 2020, 04:16:02 PM »

WA state has ~ 7.5 million people.
We've tested only 145,000 of us so far (0.2%).  We are working on increasing testing capacity as is most everyone now.

12,282 confirmed cases, and thus far 682 deaths.   Only one in my county so far, which is amazing to me.

The Lieutenant governor of Texas was quoted as saying that "There are more important things than living, and that’s saving this country for my children and grandchildren and saving this country for all of us."     Which is quite an observation.  It's saving the country for all of us except for all of us who have died, I'd suppose?     It's almost as though some believe that no one can recover from financial ruin, and anyone can recover from death?

My state continues to keep everything locked down, and we're probably going to have the will to keep it that way until it's reasonable not to.  I expect that will be another 2 months but I don't really know, at this point.

I am so, so grateful that I, my family, my brothers and brothers in law, my mom, my nieces, my nephews, my coworkers, all are well.  No one close to me who is sick and in trouble.    Each morning, I thank Jesus that this is the case.   And then after that, I thank my colleagues.   And I thank the people who are delivering groceries, keeping the electricity flowing...

I am grateful too that we haven't heard of one of us badly ill... true?  Nothing I've seen.

Obligatory bad movie content:  my eldest daughter hasn't seen The Fifth Element.  Think will try to get her to watch that today or tomorrow.   Mult-eee-pass, you know?

Our Lieutenant Governor has a habit of making idiotic statements like that.  I miss Bob Bullock!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #266 on: April 22, 2020, 04:21:46 PM »

There should be a rule where politician hopefuls must go to grim museums to avoid comparing something mundane to something horrible, like the Holocaust. Yeah, an Idaho lawmaker said that.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/idaho-lawmaker-under-fire-comparing-state-coronavirus-response-nazi-germany-n1187651

yeah no.
pennywise37

« Reply #267 on: April 23, 2020, 02:11:57 AM »

i dunno what to say to that to be honest. i was just looking at yahoo news and it as about that mayor from Vegas who wants to reopen it and i'm sure you all heard about it where  Anderson Cooper apparently went how about you walk the floor with these employers ? and funny enough and amazing thing happened she never answered him...  than i guess the mayor of Nevada said uh no that's not happening when workers i guess complained to him about it he further said

that i'm not about to reopen and to pretty much sum it up have workers get sick and have to chose between a paycheck or the lives. he's going by Science is telling him which is smart. someone on twitter apparently said now i know why the mayor of Jaws got a second term and i could not agree more.

and i don't even Live in Vegas nor have i ever even been there for that matter!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #268 on: April 23, 2020, 08:36:17 AM »

^I was thinking of JAWS as well.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #269 on: April 23, 2020, 09:57:29 PM »

The mayor of Las Vegas is Carolyn Goodman. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/las-vegas-mayor-gives-wild-195711383.html

On other news: "Inject disinfectant!"

“And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you could do either through the skin or in some other way. I think you said that you are going to test that, too. And then I saw the disinfectant, where knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way we could do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning. As you see it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.” 

Buggedout Question Lookingup  Bluesad  Thumbdown Hatred

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.