Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:19:54 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339579 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2020, 04:49:18 AM »

I wonder what percentage of a countries population has to follow lockdown rules in order for it to be effective?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #301 on: May 05, 2020, 04:30:08 AM »

that is a good question and i wish i knew the answer
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #302 on: May 05, 2020, 07:56:24 AM »

I would estimate we have over 90% compliance in my state and we are doing fine. Only a little over 5000 confirmed cases in a population of 4.4 million, with "only" 261 deaths. We're doing better than most states. We started lockdown earlier and are reopening later, had more restrictions than many.

Any compliance would be helpful in reducing the total number of opportunities for transmission. 100% compliance is certainly not necessary (or possible).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37

« Reply #303 on: May 05, 2020, 09:40:28 AM »

California i saw i think it was last night or yesterday i forget which, i'm a night owl and was up a 3 am so when i say last night it could have been 3 am or 3 pm for all i know it's 10:33 am now.  anyways they are apparently going in Phase 2 in opening up hell Disney world/land are gonna be opening it up soon too

they say oh you will wear masks etc.. but honestly it's just too soon we haven't seen the spike yet and we all know that the next batch of the virus much like the one from (1918)  from what i hear the 1st hit of that virus was 3.5 million or something like that the 2nd one that hit was double that or was it tripled ? i forget which or what the number actually was. i get that the country is dying with stuff closed and some stores you have to make an appointment that's not a bad idea
but to open a place like Disney world/land it's just not a good idea yet. it feels too soon too go into what they are calling phase 2 at least to me anyways.

i'm no doctor at all but with all these idiots going out and protesting i just have a feeling that the next out break won't be this fall or winter like they say it will be much sooner than that i say by June if things continue the way they are with all these places opening up. our drug mart there was a sign i saw last week when i was there 130 people are allowed in the store, that number was way to damn high i think. there wasn't that many there when we were there to be honest.

but ya know it would help if we had a leader who actually knew how to damn lead instead of lying to us but apparently we can't have that either
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #304 on: May 06, 2020, 12:33:06 AM »

The DrumpfhenFuhrer has already moved on to something else that is more interesting.   Which is fine, he wasn't doing anything useful anyway.  Absence of his harmful rhetoric on this specific topic might be nice.  But he'll find ways to do harm in some other way, anyway.    Seriously.   Fuuuuu--uuuuuuuu--uuuuuuuck that guy and his cronies.

We're at 7.6 million people, 15,600 cases, 862 deaths, and our numbers are flattening and falling off looks like.   We're not overwhelmed.   My governor already has basically told 45 to go f**k himself, so I know the gov will keep our state on track doing what's best for the people.    I wish all states in the States were so lucky.

It's definitely too soon to count any kind of victory, but for where we are right now I'm glad.

I hope all y'all are staying safe and, well, something resembling sane.   hot
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #305 on: May 06, 2020, 03:50:33 PM »

Hmm... I've just been offered the opportunity to enroll in a COVID-19 vaccine trial (doesn't mean I'd get poked with a needle, I was just sent the application). I'll consider it. It would be a unique way to do my part.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #306 on: May 06, 2020, 09:03:42 PM »

Something I posted on FB earlier today:

So let me get this straight - Bill Gates paid the Chinese to manufacture a virus and release it on their own people first so he could pay Dr. Fauci to advise Trump to shut down the country after first dismissing the whole thing as a hoax, so that the Democrats could win the election next fall, and the whole world played along with it - all so that Gates could complete the work of American Nazi Henry Ford and force us all to get vaccinations which would make us autistic, and plant us with tracking chips so that the Illuminati could then use "murder hornets" to wipe out a third of humanity, while spreading the virus with 5G towers all over the planet?

Or did I leave out the space aliens?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #307 on: May 06, 2020, 09:13:57 PM »

So let me get this straight - Bill Gates paid the Chinese to manufacture a virus and release it on their own people first so he could pay Dr. Fauci to advise Trump to shut down the country after first dismissing the whole thing as a hoax, so that the Democrats could win the election next fall, and the whole world played along with it - all so that Gates could complete the work of American Nazi Henry Ford and force us all to get vaccinations which would make us autistic, and plant us with tracking chips so that the Illuminati could then use "murder hornets" to wipe out a third of humanity, while spreading the virus with 5G towers all over the planet?

Space aliens? Don't be ridiculous! This is clearly the work of the lizard people.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #308 on: May 07, 2020, 02:07:57 AM »

the trurururururuth is out there....

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
pennywise37

« Reply #309 on: May 07, 2020, 02:36:05 AM »

it sounds bonkers when you put it like that lol am i the only one who thinks of those stupid ass  rags that normally say  a real life UFO was spotted yesterday coming out of the local outhouse a reliable source says.  the source also said it came out of the bottom of the toilet

i would not be surprised if people believed that and i just made that up off the top of my head
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #310 on: May 07, 2020, 04:19:59 PM »

lol, penny and indy, y'all should be writing for the weekly world news! their website needs to be fun again!

don't EVEN...EVER!
pennywise37

« Reply #311 on: May 07, 2020, 05:29:13 PM »

i know right it's just sad just plain sad how people want to believe anything but what is actually going on and how poorly it's being handled by the idiots in washington
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #312 on: May 07, 2020, 05:38:48 PM »

and now i just read that the trump administration has forced the CDC to shelve their 19 pages of recommendations on how to reopen safely. way to go, cheeto, kill off thousands more of my fellow citizens. and remember, come november, we KNOW that much of their blood is solely on YOUR hands.  Hatred

don't EVEN...EVER!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #313 on: May 07, 2020, 05:43:38 PM »

and now i just read that the trump administration has forced the CDC to shelve their 19 pages of recommendations on how to reopen safely. way to go, cheeto, kill off thousands more of my fellow citizens. and remember, come november, we KNOW that much of their blood is solely on YOUR hands.  Hatred

The problem is not Trump. The problem is we have fellow Americans who think his word is gospel, and even if he loses the election, the reason he got elected is still here.
This country is so split. But it ain't the first time- it won't be the last. 
But It will be OK!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:46:44 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jim H

« Reply #314 on: May 07, 2020, 06:09:12 PM »

I have a cousin who believes all of this, kind of amazing how spot on this is (except the hornets I guess).  She also thinks Obama and Bill Gates rape and eat babies, and sacrifice them in Satanic rituals.  So much of it doesn't fit together in a coherent way it's completely baffling to me. 

She also thinks Trump is a hero who will soon crush the pedophile rings all over the world.  Never mind that QAnon has been saying that garbage for 4 years now, and nearly 100% of his predictions have been 100% wrong.

Also, my cousin has long been a bit of a nutter, but she's case-in-point of social media infecting your brain.  She got locked into circles of people feeding off this crap, and it absolutely made her mind worse and worse over years of exposure.  Anyone who tries to point out issues or problems she cuts off, so it's an inescapable loop.

Even worse, she has a young child, who I feel horrible for.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.