Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:03:11 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339576 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #420 on: June 03, 2020, 02:05:09 AM »

man this world is getting even more F... up guys.  it feels like The Stand the start of it when They are kicking everyone out of Texas and taking them into custody.

it feels like a bad B movie even more now and it sure as hell doesn't even feel like america anymore.  the covid virus is now at 1.8 million!  hmmm i wonder why?

that's not to say that people should do nothing about it, but had they not started rioting and looting.... the numbers may be lower ya know?
Jim H

« Reply #421 on: June 03, 2020, 03:55:48 PM »

Well, I get how you're feeling, but we won't be seeing much of a COVID spike from the protests and riots for probably another week yet, likely longer.  Floyd was murdered just a bit over a week ago, and it took a few days for the protests to really start.  The incubation period for COVID is at least 4-5 days, with some people it being more like a full 14.  Protesters also trend quite young, so many of the people won't be badly affected - but they're going to be asymptomatic for a few days after being infected and they'll end up traveling around more while getting sick and seeing older relatives, so we'll probably start seeing deaths and hospitalizations from those secondary contacts in another 3-4 weeks.  The thing I'm especially worried about is if patterns of spread will be spiking even further around the 4th of July, as that will be when many elderly people go out more and are around more people.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #422 on: June 03, 2020, 03:56:24 PM »

I'm still waiting on my pandemic unemployment

I also just got back from Walgreens to get a prescription refilled -- virtually no one else besides workers and myself were wearing masks

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
pennywise37

« Reply #423 on: June 03, 2020, 04:13:34 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/7acbac70-3123-3aee-a0c8-2c3c8392b56a/coronavirus-update-u-s-case.html

was just posted today and i think everyone should still wear masks i know they relaxed a lot of things but we should still all wear them
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #424 on: June 04, 2020, 02:01:50 AM »

I see the guy who came up with Sweden's policy for dealing with Covid-19 has said he made a mistake there. It has led to them having one of the highest per capita death rates and interestingly unemployment has still rocketed and the country is heading for a major economic crash.

So much for the people who advocated for just ignoring the outbreak and keeping everything open.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37

« Reply #425 on: June 04, 2020, 02:34:38 AM »

i didn't realize that sweden even did that, Russia did do that but i dunno about now though
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #426 on: June 04, 2020, 03:26:11 AM »

Yeah, its been rough on the population. The other Nordic countries are starting to come out of the worst and either have or are about to open up a travel bubble, but are excluding Sweden.

Meanwhile back home, trust in the governments handling of the pandemic has crashed 18 points since the PM's special advisor decided to take a 260 mile round trip a couple of times, ignoring the very advice he helped write. At the moment it is the worlds largest fall in trust since the pandemic struck.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 03:58:24 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37

« Reply #427 on: June 04, 2020, 06:42:41 AM »

i'm sorry to hear that you have stupidity by you and even more so buy us in the states. see my question is how hard can it be for the right people to actually not just do their jobs but actually care weather people live or die and not care about their own personal gain? instead of giving a trillion dollars to the rich and give it to us the poor, the USA would not be in such dire straights from people not working and there may not even be an issue of people losing their jobs

but than that's using common sense and this is just stuff that really p**ses me off. you'd think that they would care weather their so called people who vote for them would live or die. but sadly apparently they don't and that goes for both sides too not just one side
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #428 on: June 04, 2020, 07:18:44 AM »

Too many people have their heads stuck up their own arses to really see what is happening, even while they are drowning in their own s**t.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #429 on: June 05, 2020, 05:58:00 AM »

So far.
A quick precis.
Copied from Jane Berry who found it on Twitter @Russincheshire.
"Too good to miss. It clears up everything. Enjoy.   The week in Tory (Cummings special):
1. Dominic Cummings, one of the few men to have ever been found in contempt of Parliament, moved onto contempt for everything.
2. When the story broke, and he was accused of doing things that look bad, he said he didn't care how things looked.
3. Then ministers said press outrage meant nothing, only the opinion of the people mattered.
4. Then polls showed 52% of people wanted Cummings to resign.
5. So Cummings decided to show the public some respect, by turning up 30 minutes late to make his explanation.
6. He began by saying he wasn't speaking for the govt, which must be why he was in the Rose Garden of 10 Downing Street.
7. Then the self-styled "enemy of the Islington media elite" said his wife, who works in the media, had been ill in their house in Islington.
8. But she was only a bit ill, so he popped home, got himself nice and infected, then went back to Downing Street for meetings with lots of vitally important people in the middle of a national crisis.
9. But then he got ill too, so then it was suddenly important.
10. Sadly he couldn't get childcare in London, even though 3 immediate relatives live within 3 miles of his London home.
11. So because he was carrying a virus that can cross a 2 metre distance and kill, he immediately locked himself in a car with his wife and child for 5 hours.
12. He then drove 264 miles without stopping in a Land Rover that gets maybe 25 MPG.
13. Then the scourge of the metropolitan elites made himself extra-relatable by describing his family's sprawling country estate, multiple houses and idyllic woodlands.
14. He explained that he'd warned about a coronavirus years ago in his blog.
15. Then it was revealed he actually secretly amended old blogs after he'd returned from Durham.
16. And anyway, if he'd warned years ago, why was he so massively unprepared and slow to react?
17. Then he said he was too ill to move for a week.
18. But in the middle of that week, presumably with "wonky eyes", he drove his child to hospital.
19. Then he said that to test his "wonky eyes" he put his wife and child in a car and drove 30 miles on public roads.
20. Then it was revealed his wife drives, so there was no reason for the "eye test", cos she could have driven them back to London.
21. Then it was revealed the "eye test" trip to a local tourist spot took place on his wife's birthday.
22. Then cameras filmed as he threw a cup onto the table, smirked and left.
23. And then it emerged his wife had written an article during the time in Durham, describing their experience of being in lockdown in London, which you'd definitely do if you weren't hiding anything.
24. A govt scientific advisor said "more people will die" as a result of what Cummings had done.
25. Boris Johnson said he "wouldn't mark Cummings " down for what he'd done.
26. The Attorney General said it was ok to break the law if you were acting on instinct.
27. The Health Minister said it was OK to endanger public health if you meant well.
28. Johnson said Cummings' "story rings true" because his own eyesight was fine before coronavirus, but now he needs glasses.
29. But in an interview with The Telegraph 5 years ago, Johnson said he needed glasses cos he was "blind as a bat"
30. Michael Gove went on TV and said it was "wise" to drive 30 miles on public roads with your family in the car to test your eyesight.
31. The DVLA tweeted that you should never, ever do this.
32. Then ministers started claiming Cummings had to go to Durham because he feared crowds attacking his home. The streets were empty because we were observing the lockdown.
33. And then a minister finally resigned.
34. Steve Baker, Richard Littlejohn, Isabel Oakeshott, Tim Montgomerie, Jan Moir, Ian Dale, Julia Hartley Brewer, 30 Tory MPs, half a dozen bishops and the actual Daily Mail said Cummings should go.
35. The govt suggested we can ignore them, because they're all left-wingers.
36. Then a vicar asked Matt Hancock if other people who had been fined for doing exactly what Cummings did would get their fine dropped. Matt Hancock said he'd suggest it to the govt.
37. The govt said no within an hour. Cummings' statement had lasted longer than that.
38. And if the guidelines were so clear, why were people being stopped and fined for driving to find childcare in the first place?
39. Then a new poll found people who wanted Cummings sacked had risen from 52% to 57%.
40. Cummings is considered the smartest man in the govt
41. And in the middle of all this, in case we take our eye off it: we reached 60,000 deaths. One of the highest per capita death rates worldwide.
42. We still face Brexit under this lot.
43. It's 4 years until an election.
44. And it's still only Wednesday"

pennywise37

« Reply #430 on: June 05, 2020, 06:59:46 AM »

i'll read that later as i'm going to bed but Holy Sh*t that's a lot
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #431 on: June 09, 2020, 07:26:58 PM »

Here's a cool little site that gives you a quick epidemiology 101 course, and contains little simulators you can play with: https://ncase.me/covid-19/

My takeaway is there's no one answer to containing the epidemic, but added together all of the little things--quarantining, social distancing, hand washing, mask-wearing, contact tracing--can add up to a pretty effective response, until we get a vaccine.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37

« Reply #432 on: June 10, 2020, 12:36:26 AM »

did you see how many people were at those gatherings this weekend? HOLY Sh*T was there a lot of people i think there was 20,000 people alone in New orleans

we all know of this there will be another outbreak and that's not a question but a fact it's just a matter of when?
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #433 on: June 12, 2020, 02:28:50 PM »

the numbers of infections is spiking in several states, and it WILL get worse.

don't EVEN...EVER!
pennywise37

« Reply #434 on: June 12, 2020, 03:03:58 PM »

sadly yes on Channel 3 news it this morning it said 14 states but i saw yesterday i think? it was 17 states i think. yet we have a president that cares more about people fact checking him and his poll numbers over weather people live or die. nobody at the white house even cares anymore about the pandemic how messed up is that?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.