Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:37:33 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339689 times)
pacman000
« Reply #735 on: October 30, 2020, 01:23:48 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-americans-felt-about-masks-during-the-1918-flu-pandemic/ar-BB1axXFG?ocid=msedgntp

Masks During the 1919 Pandemic

As Americans were celebrating victory in World War I in the fall of 1918, the masks on returning troops showed that the U.S. was losing another war against the so-called Spanish Flu.

Masks were controversial back then "for many of the same reasons they are today," said Nancy Tomes, a history professor at the State University of New York at Stony Brook.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #736 on: October 30, 2020, 01:28:57 PM »

2 residents at the nursing home that Tiana works at are positive. This is not good.
I live in the middle of Buttf**k, Nowhere.
This s**t is here!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 01:31:52 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pacman000
« Reply #737 on: October 30, 2020, 01:50:10 PM »

I'm sorry that's happening. It is not good. Don't know what else to say, or what to do at all.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #738 on: October 30, 2020, 09:47:23 PM »

I live in a rural county an hour outside of Dallas.  We've had about 200 new cases and a half dozen or so new deaths in the last two weeks, one of them a woman who attended my church.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #739 on: November 01, 2020, 11:12:50 PM »

As of today Germany is starting a new 2 week lockdown. We used to be one of the safest places to be during the pandemic. How quicky things change.

My nephew's father tested positive last week. My nephew and his wife will get tested today. They are already in quarantaine. I haven't had contact with my nephew since July though.
My sisters husband was showing "symptons" and was tested last week wednesday. His results will be in today. Haven't had contact with my sister and her husband since early October.

I just hope they didn't catch the virus.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #740 on: November 01, 2020, 11:15:29 PM »

There were rumors last week that the SA government is considering taking us back to Level Three (of five) lockdown rules: Level five is total shutdown of everything and we were on level four for almost three months.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #741 on: November 02, 2020, 12:10:52 AM »

I just had a FB friend post: "Only two days of 'Rona left!"

(Referencing his view that the coverage of the virus is an orchestrated attempt to get rid of Trump and the media will quit reporting it after the election.)

I'm REALLY trying not to get into political fights on social media, but the idea that anyone could be that stupid infuriates me!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #742 on: November 02, 2020, 12:17:45 AM »

I just had a FB friend post: "Only two days of 'Rona left!"

A good example of what's wrong with the world these days.
claws
« Reply #743 on: November 03, 2020, 02:41:20 PM »

My nephew and his wife tested positive. So far only mild symptoms. Other than that they are doing fine. My brotherr in law's test didn't come through yet but he said he is feeling better. My sister was feeling sick over the weekend and was short of breath yesterday. She's feeling ok today. Never thought the virus would hit so close to home.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #744 on: November 03, 2020, 02:45:50 PM »

My nephew and his wife tested positive. So far only mild symptoms. Other than that they are doing fine. My brotherr in law's test didn't come through yet but he said he is feeling better. My sister was feeling sick over the weekend and was short of breath yesterday. She's feeling ok today. Never thought the virus would hit so close to home.

Sorry to hear that. Hope they make a full recovery. Most do.  Thumbup

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #745 on: November 03, 2020, 10:15:57 PM »

Many more of us will get it before a vaccine is available.   

DO NOT let up with precautions, do not let your fatigue and malaise dealing with all of this make you careless.   (I wear a mask at work all day and I see patients with covid, and everything else that Pacific Northwesterners get.)

I completely understand the fatigue because I feel it too. 

Or, to put it cooler:

I know we're all in strung out shape but stay frosty and alert. We can't afford to let one of those bastards in here!
pennywise37

« Reply #746 on: November 04, 2020, 01:24:17 AM »

man this p**ses me off though the election is not over as of this typing let's face it we've got this criminal clown for another 4 years because Americans are idiots and i'm from there so i can say that. this country is dead and just should close it's doors cause he's killed it. we had a chance of having a leader but we lost it because though Biden was a terrible choice to being with let's face it they both were. i did vote but apparently it did not a damn of a difference.

how anyone could want someone who literally cares about weather no one lives or dies just as long as it's not him i don't get it.  i really don't i will never understand why anyone would want to vote for him at all i wouldn't even let him walk my dog across the street that's how little i trust him-
claws
« Reply #747 on: November 04, 2020, 01:52:59 AM »

Sorry to hear that. Hope they make a full recovery. Most do.  Thumbup

My sisters husband was tested negative. So glad about that.
pennywise37

« Reply #748 on: November 04, 2020, 02:00:23 AM »

i'm glad to hear that too, when i went to vote yesterday though there was a married couple in their car and one of them had a mask on & they said they had Covid we had masks on but did not get close to them at all but ya know what? they stayed in their car & someone came out to help them so the fact that they didn't go in and stayed in their car i give them major props for.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #749 on: November 04, 2020, 05:44:02 PM »

man this p**ses me off though the election is not over as of this typing let's face it we've got this criminal clown for another 4 years because Americans are idiots and i'm from there so i can say that. this country is dead and just should close it's doors cause he's killed it. we had a chance of having a leader but we lost it because though Biden was a terrible choice to being with let's face it they both were. i did vote but apparently it did not a damn of a difference.

how anyone could want someone who literally cares about weather no one lives or dies just as long as it's not him i don't get it.  i really don't i will never understand why anyone would want to vote for him at all i wouldn't even let him walk my dog across the street that's how little i trust him-

The Cheetoh is going to lose, Pennywise.  Joe will have to deal with Moscow Mitch and his cronies in the senate, but at least America will have a president not drunk and taking benzos and stimulants and tweeting ten times at 2:30 AM.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.