Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:01:58 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339504 times)
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #765 on: November 16, 2020, 12:11:33 AM »

Reminder that President Trump is still our President. The Trump Administration strikes a deal to make COVID-19 vaccine free at major pharmacies in the U.S.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/12/feds-strike-deal-to-make-covid-19-vaccine-free-at-major-pharmacies/

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #766 on: November 16, 2020, 11:18:52 AM »

Reminder that President Trump is still our President. The Trump Administration strikes a deal to make COVID-19 vaccine free at major pharmacies in the U.S.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/12/feds-strike-deal-to-make-covid-19-vaccine-free-at-major-pharmacies/

Not for very much longer.

It's hard to know how to feel about articles like this.   Given, true.

But, what has the Con been doing this week, and last week, and what else has he done for the common man lately?  He's apparently not really working, not pushing government leaders to take effective action *against* the pandemic -- not demanding that his toadies in the Senate put together a reasonable relief package, a mask mandate, and a shutdown to stop the surge of cases we're having now.

Actions now will shape the months to come, and he's doing exactly jack s**t, it seems.   Or am I missing something important?
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #767 on: November 16, 2020, 02:03:50 PM »

People still eating outside at restaurants its like 40 degress
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #768 on: November 16, 2020, 02:07:30 PM »

They just locked down Michigan again.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #769 on: November 17, 2020, 11:28:04 AM »

Meanwhile in Calfornia Gov. Newsom done f**ked up big time.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Monday apologized for what he called “a bad mistake” in attending a birthday party that broke the very rules that he has been preaching to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

The lapse came just as California is seeing a surge in coronavirus infections and hospitalizations, and as health officials lobby residents to skip traditional Thanksgiving and holiday gatherings or self-quarantine if they travel travel.

State and local officials have largely blamed recent increases on such social gatherings, and media experts said Newsom’s failure to abide by his own rules may have hurt his credibility just as the state is trying once again to tighten them. Newsom announced Monday that more counties will move more quickly into increased business restrictions as the state tries to head off a further spike in cases.

Newsom said he is concerned that he may have undermined his own message.

That sort of s**t drives me up the f**king wall.  It really does.  We have people who have put their lives on hold and are on the edge of losing everything and/or getting sick from the virus and he acts like this?  I had my way he'd resign today.  No half-hearted apologies.  Get the f**k out before you do even more damage.  I'm down with the restrictions as long as there are firm reminders in place for government officials that this is not an excuse to wipe their butts with the Constitution and treat it like a prison shakedown and they never ask anyone to make sacrifices they aren't willing to make themselves.  Because these restrictions are needed to get the virus under control but he just telegraphed that idiots like Kim Reynolds in Iowa are on the right course in pretending the pandemic doesn't exist.   

If I sound angry it's because I should be in Greece right now.  I had a tour to Greece booked for this week in November that I had to cancel earlier this year because of the pandemic.  Plus I had to give up my law school graduation and the brewery bash for it too.  And he acts like rules are for other people.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #770 on: November 17, 2020, 06:12:46 PM »

Hypocrisy may be the one thing in America today that is TRULY bipartisan.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #771 on: November 18, 2020, 11:19:44 AM »

More bulls**t.
And quoting the National Enquirer of NYC (I lived there) doesn't help your argument.
Lying is his game plan.
Tiana works at a nursing home as a RNC. 12 workers tested positive. 6 residents are positive.
Where she used to work here in Lawton,75 (!) residents tested positive, and so did half the staff!
These are towns with less than a population of 2,000!
This is f**king serious, man! And Dr. Atlas is telling old people to go to they're Last Supper!
This f**king Atlas quack is telling Michigan to " Rise Above!" restrictions!
" Be a real He- Man!"

Michigan- where a bunch of Nazis planned on kidnapping the Governor and executing her on film!  Bluesad

So what's going on in Alaska?
 Besides sitting in bars b!tching at the wall mounted TV?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 12:13:05 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #772 on: November 18, 2020, 12:19:10 PM »

Lately less and less people who live in Pretoria are wearing masks: some stores have even stopped taking people's temperatures but I also believe there've been a lot of complaints about the temperature taking. Some of my colleagues won't submit to having their temperature taken as the people doing it are not medically trained.*

* I was refused entrance to work about two months ago because my temperature was 38 degrees Celsius: I had been sitting in a hot car for almost half an hour and I am on meds.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #773 on: November 18, 2020, 01:57:36 PM »

your uncle can't have a funeral but...

California Medical Association officials were among the guests seated next to Gov. Gavin Newsom at a top California political operative’s opulent birthday dinner at the French Laundry restaurant this month.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #774 on: November 18, 2020, 03:18:33 PM »

You gotta admit, most of Michigan *needs* to be locked down... locked up... whatever.  :D

(Cat scratch fever!  Na na naaaaah!)
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #775 on: November 18, 2020, 07:35:07 PM »

your uncle can't have a funeral but...

California Medical Association officials were among the guests seated next to Gov. Gavin Newsom at a top California political operative’s opulent birthday dinner at the French Laundry restaurant this month.

I honestly think Newsom should offer to resign at this point.  If he's going to give his opponents ammo to say he's a wealthy out of touch jackass who makes rules he has no intention of living by himself then he needs to step down.  We're in a crisis and he's not helping.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #776 on: November 18, 2020, 08:51:34 PM »

You gotta admit, most of Michigan *needs* to be locked down... locked up... whatever.  :D

(Cat scratch fever!  Na na naaaaah!)

I worked for Ted Nugent once. I never will again.

But no. There are bad things going on here. It's not a 'Flordia Man' joke. Serious violent s**t is coming down here. We got these proud bubbas running around with guns. Trying to kidnap the f**king govener.
I'm not gonna leave. This is my house here. Why is it funny? Move back home, see how funny it is.
f**k, man. Where do you live now, so I can insult you on an even playing field?

EDIT: Man, I'm sorry. I know your joking. But s**t is intense here, man. It's hard to joke when your sweetie is a health care worker being mocked by people. Being singled out because she's black.  I live in stupid country. I grew up with theses folks.It's f**king insane. Nobody in town ever bothers us. But at work, Tiana is not part of any group of friends. She was friends with a Mexican girl who moved, and is friends with 2 hillbilly sisters. Nice folks too. Otherwise, her co-workers avoid her.
There are not a lot of black folks around here. Buncha rednecks. Who call black folks "n****rs".
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 09:56:36 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #777 on: November 18, 2020, 11:47:08 PM »

the USA hit a quarter million deaths today. there is now a death rate of one american per minute of the day. and people are still calling it fake, and refusing to do a damned thing to protect themselves, much less others. at this rate we WILL see 400,000+ deaths by christmas. hallefrigginlujah.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #778 on: November 19, 2020, 12:50:08 AM »

(Cat scratch fever!  Na na naaaaah!)

I worked for Ted Nugent once. I never will again.

But no. There are bad things going on here. It's not a 'Flordia Man' joke. Serious violent s**t is coming down here. We got these proud bubbas running around with guns. Trying to kidnap the f**king govener.
I'm not gonna leave. This is my house here. Why is it funny? Move back home, see how funny it is.
f**k, man. Where do you live now, so I can insult you on an even playing field?

EDIT: Man, I'm sorry. I know your joking. But s**t is intense here, man. It's hard to joke when your sweetie is a health care worker being mocked by people. Being singled out because she's black.  I live in stupid country. I grew up with theses folks.It's f**king insane. Nobody in town ever bothers us. But at work, Tiana is not part of any group of friends. She was friends with a Mexican girl who moved, and is friends with 2 hillbilly sisters. Nice folks too. Otherwise, her co-workers avoid her.
There are not a lot of black folks around here. Buncha rednecks. Who call black folks "n****rs".

I shoulda been more careful, RC, I'm sorry.    I didn't mean to more than *jokingly* insult.   And we all make fun of Florida -- unless we live there too!      Been since the 1980's since I lived in southern MI (close to Cassopolis), but I know there are real problems.    I live in Washington state now.  Eastern WA has the same basic yahoo potential as southern MI does.  Drive east far enough and you see the same basic mentality, the same type of xenophobia, and anti-science, anti-vaxx too sometimes.    Camping this summer we saw almost no one wearing masks, and they looked crosswise at us because we did.   Crazy.  They were just behind the covid curve then.   They aren't now.

Drive even a little further east and you get to Hayden, Idaho -- heard of that place before, know what they are famous for?     In no way was I trying to say I'm better than you, or that this place is better than my childhood stomping grounds.   I was just riffing on what you wrote, is all.

I was amazed that people are even *allowed* to carry in governmental offices in MI.  I hope that the feds lock those DOMESTIC TERRORISTS up after trying them as such.

But, this is where we are..  Trump and Bannon and their ilk (small, afraid people with money) have emboldened the racism in the small, afraid people who have no money.
It's going to be some going before we get to better place as a country.   

I'm not going anywhere either -- not giving up what my country should be, for what the racists and xenophobes want it to be.

i wish it were better for Tiana.  .. .there's nothing I can say there.  I wish that a racist piece of s**t had not been elected president, to embolden other racist pieces of s**t, to talk to her in that way.   Stay safe, the both of you, please.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #779 on: November 19, 2020, 06:52:47 AM »

^ I'm sorry, Zap.
I shouldn't have blown up like that on you.
I feel the same.  Bluesad
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 09:47:49 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.