Main Menu

COVID-19 Rant

Started by indianasmith, March 11, 2020, 10:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lester1/2jr

saw this in Boston tonight


Zapranoth

#796
The bodies are piling up...

Trump is doing nothing -- nothing -- except golfing and rage-tweeting, and filing frivolous to downright anti-democratic lawsuits.
A significant portion of the Republican party has failed to repudiate this.

Medical workers in the middle part of the US are burning out.  They're working endlessly and are being overwhelmed, and off shift they are seeing a public that generally doesn't listen to science and take the basic precautions that would give the medicals hope to push on.

I'd call it a clown show if there were not so many deaths and so many implications, both domestic and worldwide.




Alex

I lost it yesterday with a taxi driver who decided to tell me how all this covid stuff is a hoax and caused by Bill Gates. Told him outright he was talking rubbish. He also went on about how masks stop you getting oxygen. I told him about wearing an S10 respirator (where you get 60% of your normal intake of air) in the middle of a desert while fighting a war and it not causing any of the effects he claimed a mere mask would give you.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

pacman000

Quote from: lester1/2jr on November 23, 2020, 01:36:49 PM
heres the east village in NYC

but kids can't go to school ( unless they are private schools in which case they can????)

Now they can, apparently:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Newt

Quote from: Zapranoth on November 29, 2020, 04:42:44 PM
The bodies are piling up...

Trump is doing nothing -- nothing -- except golfing and rage-tweeting, and filing frivolous to downright anti-democratic lawsuits.
A significant portion of the Republican party has failed to repudiate this.

Medical workers in the middle part of the US are burning out.  They're working endlessly and are being overwhelmed, and off shift they are seeing a public that generally doesn't listen to science and take the basic precautions that would give the medicals hope to push on.

I'd call it a clown show if there were not so many deaths and so many implications, both domestic and worldwide.




:bluesad: :bluesad: :bluesad:
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

Alex

The first vaccine has been cleared for use in the UK with 10 million doses to be issued before the end of the year.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

sprite75

More do as I say, not as I do from elected officials.

QuoteThe day before Thanksgiving, Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock urged his constituents to remain in their households and refrain from travel during the holiday if they could.

That same day, he boarded a plane to join his wife and daughter in Mississippi.

On Tuesday, the mayor of San Jose, California, issued a public apology for attending a Thanksgiving meal with more households than currently allowed under state regulations.

On Nov. 24, the Los Angeles Board of Supervisors voted 3-2 to prohibit outdoor dining for three weeks, effective the next day. Following the vote, Supervisor Sheila Kuehl, who voted in favor of the ban, dined outdoors at a restaurant, her spokesperson confirmed with ABC News. FOX 11 in Los Angeles first reported on the meal.

That p**ses me off.  One of my big things is that leaders do not ask anything of anyone - whether it's doing something or sacrificing something - that they are not willing to do themselves.   Bad enough when the governor of California decides rules are for other people but when others see him as an example to be emulated.  I had my way these f**king clowns would resign right now because they are not doing a f**king thing to help in this pandemic. 
God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.

RCMerchant

#802
This guy in the middle of a field playing the most useless game on earth.
This p**ses me off.
Tiana risks her life every day- and this cocksucker is jerking off on a golf course.
"I'm still the President! Have some respect!"
:lookingup:

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Zapranoth

@RC:  Blarf.

I'm likely to receive dose #1 of the Pfizer vaccine on the day after Christmas.
Logistics are being figured out in my organization.


Leah

Supposedly Louisiana is going to have different groups for the vaccine: group A is healthcare workers and people in nursing homes; group B will be front line workers; group C is the rest.
yeah no.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: El Misfit on December 04, 2020, 10:44:34 PM
Supposedly Louisiana is going to have different groups for the vaccine: group A is healthcare workers and people in nursing homes; group B will be front line workers; group C is the rest.

Yep, that's pretty much the schedule everywhere, except that older adults (65+) also get priority over the younger and healthier ones.

Looks like I probably won't be eligible for vaccination until spring. But I'll feel much better if my parents get vaccinated in the winter. I'm not concerned for myself, I'm concerned about spreading it to them.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

I don't even care when I get it. Tiana will get it-and that's all I care about.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Zapranoth on December 04, 2020, 10:33:07 PM
@RC:  Blarf.

I'm likely to receive dose #1 of the Pfizer vaccine on the day after Christmas.
Logistics are being figured out in my organization.

Best of luck.  Keep us posted.
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Allhallowsday

Quote from: RCMerchant on December 03, 2020, 10:32:01 AM
This guy in the middle of a field playing the most useless game on earth.  This p**ses me off. Tiana risks her life every day- and this cocksucker is jerking off on a golf course. "I'm still the President! Have some respect!"
:lookingup:


If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Alex

That second picture may be one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.