Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:39:09 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339892 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #975 on: March 17, 2021, 11:41:06 AM »

Although things are getting better, my cousin's adopted daughters did both just come down with Covid. (They are experiencing symptoms but doing fine).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #976 on: March 17, 2021, 11:45:49 AM »

Although things are getting better, my cousin's adopted daughters did both just come down with Covid. (They are experiencing symptoms but doing fine).

Wishing them a speedy recovery and without any of the long covid stuff.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #977 on: March 17, 2021, 12:34:13 PM »

Have been working about every other weekend doing vaccine clinics.  It's generally fun though our clinic does vaccinate 1300 or so people a day on weekends.
Giving shots is fun.  Doing the post-vaccine observe job (watching people for allergic reactions) is tedious.

We've been using Moderna some days, J&J the other.  Some clinics in my system are using the Pfizer. 
Where I am we're vaccinating age 60+ and teachers and some who are younger who live in multi-generation households, and people with some disabilities.

Don't have as much vaccine as we wish but supply is looking up for next week.

I have no f**ks left to give for the people who are taking risks this week and will be driving the numbers up again in two weeks from now.  "Spike the ball on the 5 yard line," Dr. Fauci says.  An apt descriptor.
pennywise37

« Reply #978 on: March 18, 2021, 02:25:18 AM »

there's an old saying  i use for people who refuse to use the vaccine and that's simply that they are stuck on stupid it's a clean thing to say so if i am talking to a kid i can say it lol.  i'm glad you are enjoying your job though i couldn't do it knowing the luck i sometimes have i'd end up doing it wrong
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #979 on: March 18, 2021, 11:07:27 AM »

Well, shoot. My cousin caught it from his daughters. He's pretty overweight, too, so he's at higher risk of complications. He was probably just weeks away from getting vaccinated. Poor guy.

pennywise37

« Reply #980 on: March 18, 2021, 02:59:15 PM »

i'm sorry to hear that i hope he gets better, there was an article that i saw yesterday where it had a woman who apparently going by it's title had it for 8 months i dunno if that's possible or not to be honest but she got the vaccine and at least by the title i didn't read the article she feels fine now.  look it up online and

look into seeing if that's true so someone maybe can suit up or something and give him the shot that may help? i dunno if that article is true or not or some woman wanting attention or not but look into it and if it's true that may help
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #981 on: March 18, 2021, 05:54:17 PM »

Well, shoot. My cousin caught it from his daughters. He's pretty overweight, too, so he's at higher risk of complications. He was probably just weeks away from getting vaccinated. Poor guy.

Bluesad

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #982 on: March 19, 2021, 11:49:51 AM »

Well, I'm now eligible, but can't find a provider with an open date.

pennywise37

« Reply #983 on: March 19, 2021, 05:29:00 PM »

my folks signed up to a crap load of different places until they were called maybe try that? you prolly can do that online
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #984 on: March 22, 2021, 12:04:47 PM »

Got on the waitlist, no idea when I'll get an actual appointment.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #985 on: March 22, 2021, 01:55:24 PM »

My brother-in-law over in the states was told to contact the clinics at the end of the day. They then give out vaccines from people who missed appointments. No idea if it is the same in your part of the US but might be worth giving them a call and finding out what their policy is?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #986 on: March 22, 2021, 02:02:19 PM »

Got my first shot today.

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #987 on: March 22, 2021, 02:03:33 PM »

Got my appointment for when I go for my first shot, next Wednesday.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #988 on: March 22, 2021, 02:10:23 PM »

My brother-in-law over in the states was told to contact the clinics at the end of the day. They then give out vaccines from people who missed appointments. No idea if it is the same in your part of the US but might be worth giving them a call and finding out what their policy is?

Yeah, they asked if I could be ready on 30 minutes notice.

pennywise37

« Reply #989 on: March 22, 2021, 06:23:55 PM »

on my celly though i didn't i admit didn't read the article but it said there's a 79% chance of it working. now that's not 100% granted but i think it's safe to say it's better than having it be 50/50 chance.    but that of course could change and become higher in due course i also saw an article and this will come on no one's surprise at all that people who are republicans are most likely not to get the vaccine i didn't have to read the article to know that anyone who voted for trump

or is part of his cult well DUH ya know?
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.