Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:30:00 PM
714215 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 343636 times)
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1305 on: September 14, 2021, 05:42:22 PM »

Ever coughed in a room filled with unmasked people? You get some interesting reactions.

What’s even more interesting is all the people wearing facemasks thinking that they are actually being protected by them.

https://wsau.com/2020/07/31/masks-dont-stop-viruses-the-proof/

If you put a fence up that's six feet high to keep stray dogs out of your yard, some may get over the fence...

So the ABC News report was bogus and a lie?

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1306 on: September 14, 2021, 06:08:33 PM »

^Maybe it was. Maybe the stupid s**t you support is too. Maybe everything is a lie! Holy s**t! I'm going to die!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 08:58:29 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #1307 on: September 14, 2021, 06:19:21 PM »

wearing masks does help but yeah you can still get it wearing masks that is still true, did you see that thing about Howard Stern? he said something about how people should be wearing a mask i forget how he put it and it made the news EVERYWHERE. to the point even he a guy who has done a lot of things for shock value. even he was shocked on how big that got. he said i don't get why nobody wants to get a shot that is the cure for it.

uh Howard i want to say to him The Vaccine isn't a cure it can help save your life that's true  you can still get infected but it's not a cure he's wrong on that part.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1308 on: September 14, 2021, 10:52:39 PM »

...So the ABC News report was bogus and a lie?
I don't know.  I didn't look at it.  I am trying to find common ground with you, a man I believe has discretion. 

Tonight my brother got a hospital bed in Morristown, NJ after being in the emergency room for at least 48 hours (no beds).  Tonight his 3rd night in that hospital he experienced what's called sundowners.  Patients go mad.  He must be hydrated to go mad.  His hospitalization is due to alcoholism... probably, not covid.  He is unvaccinated; I am concerned for his exposure. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
pennywise37

« Reply #1309 on: September 14, 2021, 11:08:22 PM »

i can't say that i blame ya man i hope he gets better and doesn't catch covid
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1310 on: September 14, 2021, 11:51:53 PM »

...So the ABC News report was bogus and a lie?
I don't know.  I didn't look at it.  I am trying to find common ground with you, a man I believe has discretion. 

Tonight my brother got a hospital bed in Morristown, NJ after being in the emergency room for at least 48 hours (no beds).  Tonight his 3rd night in that hospital he experienced what's called sundowners.  Patients go mad.  He must be hydrated to go mad.  His hospitalization is due to alcoholism... probably, not covid.  He is unvaccinated; I am concerned for his exposure. 

I’m sorry for your stress. I have been there myself so I do have an idea what you are going through. On-topic though, the ABC News report that I linked was in response to Alex’s morbid joke about coughing around other people in the midst of a pandemic scare, so if you really want to discuss indiscretion, then you ought to give Alex a good talking-to, because it looks like he really needs it.

------------------
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1311 on: September 15, 2021, 04:52:03 AM »

Ok, nearly two years in, you'd think that people would understand the basics, but apparently not.

Masks do not protect the wearer. They protect other people around you if you have the virus. If someone chooses not to wear a mask, they aren't taking any chances with their own health, it is everyone around them they are gambling with the health of.

So yeah, if I am on a train for example and people are sitting near me and decide to remove their mask, I have absolutely no qualms about faking a cough and watching them suddenly mask up. By doing so I am protecting myself, my family and everyone else around me. I could report them to the police, get them a fine and a criminal record. I could get into a shouting match with them. There are lots of options I could go with, but the cough seems the easiest one to go with.

I wasn't 'morbidly joking' when I said do it, it really works.

Any more fake moralising from the person least qualified on this board to do so, or are you all done now Zelmo?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1312 on: September 15, 2021, 11:37:16 AM »

Ok, nearly two years in, you'd think that people would understand the basics, but apparently not.

Masks do not protect the wearer. They protect other people around you if you have the virus. If someone chooses not to wear a mask, they aren't taking any chances with their own health, it is everyone around them they are gambling with the health of.

So yeah, if I am on a train for example and people are sitting near me and decide to remove their mask, I have absolutely no qualms about faking a cough and watching them suddenly mask up. By doing so I am protecting myself, my family and everyone else around me. I could report them to the police, get them a fine and a criminal record. I could get into a shouting match with them. There are lots of options I could go with, but the cough seems the easiest one to go with.

Any more fake moralising from the person least qualified on this board to do so, or are you all done now Zelmo?

Boy, did I just destroy your punchline, or what?  TeddyR

------------------
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1313 on: September 15, 2021, 11:41:58 AM »

No, you didn't. Once again you give yourself too much credit. As I mentioned, I wasn't joking, it was just your incorrect assumption that I was. Then again, you do have a long history of failing to understand these things so it isn't a surprise.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1314 on: September 15, 2021, 11:47:12 AM »

No, you didn't. Once again you give yourself too much credit. As I mentioned, I wasn't joking, it was just your incorrect assumption that I was. Then again, you do have a long history of failing to understand these things so it isn't a surprise.

Then why didn’t you mention your altruistic motives to begin with? You got caught in a lie again, brother.  Cheers

------------------
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1315 on: September 15, 2021, 11:56:23 AM »

Because you complain when I make long posts. So you haven't caught me out in a lie and I am quite proud to point out that you are not my brother. My family has higher standards.

EDIT Oh, and this isn't the first time I've mentioned doing that cough to get people to mask up and in the previous post I believe I did mention why I did it, so rather than catching me out in a lie you have merely once again exposed yourself as being "fake news". Oh and in order for me to be "caught telling a lie again", I'd have to have been caught telling a lie on a previous occasion. I appreciate your command of English isn't the greatest, but at your age, even you really should have figured things like that out.  BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 12:48:39 PM by Alex » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1316 on: September 15, 2021, 12:34:07 PM »

As of today, 664,572 dead from Covid  in the US, or 1 in 500 Americans. Bluesad 4,654,073 dead worldwide.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1317 on: September 15, 2021, 01:35:08 PM »

...I’m sorry for your stress. I have been there myself so I do have an idea what you are going through.

That is my latest COVID-19 rant... my brother could not get a bed as they were all taken up with COVID-19 patients. 

On-topic though, the ABC News report that I linked was in response to Alex’s morbid joke about coughing around other people in the midst of a pandemic scare, so if you really want to discuss indiscretion, then you ought to give Alex a good talking-to, because it looks like he really needs it.

For his coughing around others remark?  I found nothing offensive in it.  Now you kind-of routinely go there... sometimes comes across unfriendly like a TROLL.  I don't think you're a TROLL.  Am I wrong?

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1318 on: September 15, 2021, 01:55:54 PM »

Because you complain when I make long posts. So you haven't caught me out in a lie and I am quite proud to point out that you are not my brother. My family has higher standards.

EDIT Oh, and this isn't the first time I've mentioned doing that cough to get people to mask up and in the previous post I believe I did mention why I did it, so rather than catching me out in a lie you have merely once again exposed yourself as being "fake news". Oh and in order for me to be "caught telling a lie again", I'd have to have been caught telling a lie on a previous occasion. I appreciate your command of English isn't the greatest, but at your age, even you really should have figured things like that out.  BounceGiggle

Deflect all you want, Alex, but this statement - “Ever coughed in a room filled with unmasked people? You get some interesting reactions”  does not reek of altruism; just some sick twisted idea of a joke. That Impractical Jokers TV show would be a good fit for you.

------------------
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1319 on: September 15, 2021, 01:57:51 PM »

...I’m sorry for your stress. I have been there myself so I do have an idea what you are going through.

That is my latest COVID-19 rant... my brother could not get a bed as they were all taken up with COVID-19 patients. 

On-topic though, the ABC News report that I linked was in response to Alex’s morbid joke about coughing around other people in the midst of a pandemic scare, so if you really want to discuss indiscretion, then you ought to give Alex a good talking-to, because it looks like he really needs it.

For his coughing around others remark?  I found nothing offensive in it.  Now you kind-of routinely go there... sometimes comes across unfriendly like a TROLL.  I don't think you're a TROLL.  Am I wrong?

This is your idea of “common ground?” Hey, good luck with your brother, man. I’ll just leave it at that.

------------------
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.