Main Menu

Movies I recently turned off within 15 minutes

Started by Ted C, October 05, 2022, 12:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Whom

Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special. Very lazy scriptwriting and not funny enough.
"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

Gabriel Knight

One I remembered recently: TED. I recall we were watching it with my brother, since we heard so many great things about it, and half an hour later we were bored out of our minds. One of the rare occasions in which I turned off a movie halfway through.

And the worst part is that I kinda like FAMILY GUY, but this was atrocious.
Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2

Gabriel Knight

Ok so I started to watch this movie BRICK (2005) and had to turn it off because I honestly never managed to understand a word. It felt like watching a movie from another planet. It's some kid trying to solve a murder, but they talk insanely fast and all in some weird ass lingo.
The subtitles went so fast that I barely had time to read them, and since most of the times they talked a million words per second, I found myself trying to read a movie, rather than watching it.

I don't even know if the plot was good, I never understood a word.

lester1/2jr

I tried again to watch a tubi "urban" original called the Assistant. It was so stupid I'll try again though

RCMerchant

Quote from: ralfy on November 07, 2022, 09:09:30 PM
Maybe within 30 minutes:

Mako: Jaws of Death

The Projected Man

Kingdom of the Spiders

The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977)

It Happened at Lakewood Manor

Empire of the Ants

In the Year 2889

The Atomic Submarine

The Green Slime

Monstrosity

Attack of the Crab Monsters

I've seen all of these!
More than twice!  :teddyr:
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

ER

What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Allhallowsday

PERFORMANCE (1970) starring JAMES FOX and MICK JAGGER ... Busy editing = pitchfork to the ass.  To be fair it came on TCM at like 4 am, and I did intend to look at only the beginning and I did... but hell I stayed up 'til 6 am watching crap like THE VELVET VAMPIRE !!!   
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

ralfy

The Children of Dune mini-series, which can be considered as a series of three movies, as each episode is around 1.5 hours long.

It got 7 out of 10 but for some reason it dragged, although I lasted an hour for the first episode. I saw nothing wrong with acting, dialogue, production design, etc., so I can only guess there are issues with the story itself. I did not read the source materials, but my understanding is that they tried to be faithful to it. That said, I would have suggested that they retell the story in chunks, but that's exactly what a mini-series does. With that, I don't know what else to consider.

Gabriel Knight

ABOUT MY FATHER (2023)

Holy crap this was painful. I couldn't even last the 15 minutes the thread asked for. The joke is De Niro speaking in italian, get it?!

Stay away from this awful disaster and just go watch MEET THE PARENTS, it's the same thing but actually funny.

zombie no.one

GOOD MORNING VIETNAM

don't think I lasted 15 mins of this the other day. horrible overacting and not just from RW. you kind of expect it from him. just the entire thing grated on me instantly, tone-wise
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

claws

Quote from: zombie no.one on November 06, 2023, 02:18:38 PM
horrible overacting and not just from RW.

It's your word against theirs  :wink:

AMC named Good Morning, Vietnam one of the 20 greatest war movies of all time.

American Comedy Awards, Funniest Actor in a Motion Picture (Leading Role) Robin Williams (Won) Good Morning, Vietnam
Golden Globe Awards, Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy Robin Williams (Won) Good Morning, Vietnam
Academy Awards, Best Actor Robin Williams (Nominated) Good Morning, Vietnam
British Academy Film Awards, Best Actor in a Leading Role Robin Williams (Nominated) Good Morning, Vietnam
Sant Jordi Awards, Best Foreign Actor Robin Williams (Nominated) Good Morning, Vietnam

I've only seen Good Morning, Vietnam once back in rental days. I probably should watch it again to form an opinion.
Is it October yet?

zombie no.one

no doubt it won awards but I also can't think of too many Oscar winning movies in my collection tbh... just wasn't for me, ho hum
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

M.10rda

I'll let the Awards defend RW but I think both Forest Whitaker and Bruno Kirby are pretty great in GMV, and Whitaker is great by being understated, not overacting.

zombie no.one

Yeah I feel like Whittaker really overstated how understated he was acting , kind of like "hey everyone look at me, look how understated I'm being!"

J/K

I just think my tolerance levels for anything I don't immediately warm to are getting less as I get older, and weren't too high to begin with

M.10rda

I can relate to that.

Forest Whitaker's acting is like sushi. I love it, often can't get enough of it, but I know a lot of people just can't stomach it.

Back in '95, I insisted to anyone who'd listen that Whitaker deserved an Oscar nomination for SPECIES.  :bouncegiggle: