Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:45:57 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies I recently turned off within 15 minutes « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Movies I recently turned off within 15 minutes  (Read 10477 times)
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« on: October 05, 2022, 12:43:31 PM »

A couple of movies I tried watching fairly recently and just couldn't.

The Mummy (2017) -- I just got bored and looked for something that could actually hold my attention.

Aladdin (2019) -- Maybe some cultural issues were fixed, but the performances were so uninspired that it paled in every way compared to the 1992 animated version.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 01:01:38 PM »

Happened to me recently with PROJECT ALMANAC. It felt like I was watching a very crappy music video for teenagers, I simply couldn't stand it. Not surprisingly, it was actually produced by MTV.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 01:07:04 PM »

Mission stardust.

Perry rhodan fans decided to act like this movie did not exist. Within 15 minutes of the beginning credits I decided to join them.

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 01:09:01 PM »

Mission stardust.

Perry rhodan fans decided to act like this movie did not exist. Within 15 minutes of the beginning credits I decided to join them.

TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
redrosekilly
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 09:24:32 AM »

I recently turned off two movies within 15 minutes. The first was "The Happening". It was a disaster from the start. The acting was terrible, the plot made no sense, and the special effects were laughable. I can't even remember what it was about. The second movie was "The Last Airbender". Again, the acting was terrible and the plot made no sense. But what really bothered me was that it was clearly not aimed at children, even though it was based on a cartoon show that is very popular with kids. Both of these movies were big disappointments, and I'm not sure why I even bother to watch them.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 09:26:45 PM »

There was one the other day by some hotshot new youtube horror guy.  it had a scene with a woman on a pay phone. dude ,sorry its 2022 you just took me completely out of the movie
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 11:46:57 PM »

There was one the other day by some hotshot new youtube horror guy.  it had a scene with a woman on a pay phone. dude ,sorry its 2022 you just took me completely out of the movie

😆😆

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 08:26:24 AM »

"What is that strange and bizarre device she's using?"
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 09:09:30 PM »

Maybe within 30 minutes:

The Birds II: Land's End

Mako: Jaws of Death

Outpost (2008)

The Projected Man

Kingdom of the Spiders

The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977)

It Happened at Lakewood Manor

Empire of the Ants

In the Year 2889

The Wicker Tree

The Atomic Submarine

The Green Slime

Monstrosity

Attack of the Crab Monsters

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 10:07:14 PM »

Funny, I can't remember ever actually selecting and putting on a movie and not finishing it. I finish them no matter how bad they are; I will not let the movie defeat me! On the other hand, if I catch a little of something on live TV, I almost never watch more than 5 or 10 minutes. If it looks good, I may make a mental note to look it up later.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2022, 10:38:22 PM »

I found the green slime an enjoyably bad movie.

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
beat_truck
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2022, 03:00:23 AM »

I also almost always sit all the way through any piece of crap movie I start.... no matter how bad.  But, I might have made it half way through Eraserhead before I couldn't take it any more. Thumbdown
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2022, 06:38:06 PM »

SuperBad  I think I made it a half hour in before turning it off.

Sausage Party was another I couldn't finish.  I just really don't like movies with Seth Rogan in a main role. As a minor side character he's ok.  But not in larger dosses.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2022, 09:01:13 PM »

Killer Fish (interesting setting, though - a nice tourist spot in Brazil)

Orca
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2022, 04:41:21 PM »

Last night I started watching a found footage one called "The Changing of Ben Moore". The premise was interesting and the two leads were good but the girlfriend and the exorcist characters were played by terrible actors. I'm watching tubi my standards aren't high, but I'm not gonna watch a read through.

Also re the payphone: this was a NEW movie. obviously old movies have payphones when they were around
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies I recently turned off within 15 minutes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.