Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:05:04 PM
715471 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7763 Members
Latest Member: Beaconztu
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Planet of the Apes the remake « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Planet of the Apes the remake  (Read 1128 times)
josh patrick
« on: September 12, 2002, 02:11:04 AM »

I REALLY HATE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!! I mean come on, it was pointless. Can anyone explain the ending to me huh. first hes on the planet then he gets in the ship goes home and the world is over run with monkey people. i mean how did what he did on that planet effect earth in anyway? The original was better, they just tainted its image with this peice of crap.
J.R.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2002, 02:32:24 AM »

Why is there so much hatred for this movie? I liked it because I took it as a fun adventure movie. As I see it, the  social commentary here is an animal-rights thing, with Thade's ancestors being locked in cages and treated as inferiors. There are several theories as to what the ending meant, most having to do with the distortions caused by the spacious anomoly, but I won't go into them.

I just can't not like a movie with talking monkeys.
Neville
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2002, 04:48:40 AM »

Social message is quite obvious, but is only used to provide the movie with some type of subtext. It is not really developed at all.

The main problem with this one, is, as I see it, that the original does not only make you think, but also that the constant twists make new and new thoughts arise constantly in the head of the viewer. I think Rod Serling deserves the main credit for this. Instead, the new version is practicaly a think-free movie, and this makes fans of the original and viewers above 12 years old feel cheated and insulted.

And not to speak of the script inconsistancies: Why does Mark Wahlberg leave Planet of the apes? He's got both Helena Monkey-Carter and Stella Warren!
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2002, 10:30:41 AM »

What's really missing in the remake is the character of Taylor, a man so completely misanthropic that he literally left the world behind, then being placed in a position of defending his entire species.  Ironically, the ending confirms his original misanthropy, not his newfound will to defend his kind.  None of that is in the remake; it's just Marky-Mark in an extended TV version episode.

Nathan
josh patrick
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2002, 02:05:05 PM »

right the truth has never been so clear.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2002, 06:38:29 PM »

This adds the Pof the A. ramake to the list of films i just don't wanna see. Right up there with "Deanzilla".

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
J.R.
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2002, 07:15:56 PM »

Okay, I watched it again and I think I get the ending. Early on it is mentioned that the monkeys are genetically altered to be more intelligent, and the space station gets every radio signal from Earth sent back to them, even a warning from the future, and when Leo's in his pod he zips forward and backward in time. So, the anomoly is like a distortion of time and space. When Leo gets back to Earth, it's actually the Earth far into the future, where genetically altered apes have taken over just like on the other planet. How they have another ape namedThade is something I can't really get into.
D
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2002, 12:46:06 AM »

The remake ending is very simialr to the ending out of the novel that the first film was based. The crew (I think there were 3 guys, and Nova, and her child) land on what they think is Earth, and they are greeted by a gorilla dressed in a army uniform. Other than that, i thought the was crap.
John
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2002, 01:26:48 AM »

>The remake ending is very simialr to the ending out of the novel that the first film
>was based. The crew (I think there were 3 guys, and Nova, and her child) land
>on what they think is Earth, and they are greeted by a gorilla dressed in a army
>uniform. Other than that, i thought the was crap.

I wouldn't have minded that, what I didn't like was how it was a carbon copy of Washington DC, just with apes instead of humans.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Planet of the Apes the remake « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.