Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:38:05 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Sgt Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sgt Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.  (Read 48449 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 29, 2000, 07:11:45 PM »

Police officer gains super kabuki powers.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 07:40:47 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
whamontree@hotmail.com
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 1999, 10:34:09 AM »

Uhg.  This movie is almost as bad as Headless Eyes.  The chopsticks of death were pretty good though . . .
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 1999, 10:53:21 PM »

Is it me... or does it look like bob hope in the blonde wig in the picture for this review?
Mike A.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 1999, 02:15:49 AM »

Dude, I can't BELIEVE you forgot in the "stuff to watch for" to mention the sex scene between Lotus and and whatshisname!  (It's like an hour and fifteen minutes or so into the film.)

Also, I can't believe you didn't get a wav of that famous line, "Hey, Officer, what are you taking notes for?  There were only three people killed..."  

Anyway, other then those two minor points, great review.  And a GREAT film too.  Pity that the actress who played Lotus doesn't appear in anything else...  (wonder if I can write to her through Troma?  hmmm...)

Mike

Tom Cole
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 1999, 04:13:06 PM »

SGT Kabukiman is one of the most fun films I've ever seen. Don't you just love Troma. Pity we don't actually see the toddlers getting sliced up. That's a darn shame. But hey you get to see a thug get his head stamped on until it bursts. The guys on the wanted poster in the police cheif's office are the directors, Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz. Bring more like this out Troma.
greyajah@juno.com
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 1999, 12:51:17 PM »

Another gem from Troma of course!!. Can't wait for part 2.
STPezatcha
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 1999, 12:58:59 AM »

Is Bob Hope in this movie?
ZachClash@aol.com
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 1999, 09:20:23 PM »

Fun, crap movie. Has a "so late 80s, early 90s" feel. Anyone have lyrics to the theme song?
Dale
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

The coolest superhero ever!!!
Gotta love that theme tune!
Rembrandt is the coolest villain!
The cartoon on the DVD version is also very cool!...
Sir Sword
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2000, 03:00:11 AM »

One of my favorite films! GO-OH KABUKIMAN! Troma is considered one of the best of the worst film studios today. For anyone who is interested, you can find their homepage at www.troma.com. Or you can visit their cybertown, www.tromaville.com.
Dr. outtime
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2000, 11:21:07 AM »

This was a helluva fun movie, because I couln´t stop laughing. For example, the police station was full of cops who acted stupid in the background and the fight and flight scenes were cheesy and couple of kids gets stabbed in the prolouge. Anyway, I got to say this: Kabukiman sanjo!
Elrond
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Got to stand with ZackClash on this one--that @#%& song keeps going through my head. If I had the lyrics, at least I could sing along.

Frank "asshole" Curtis
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2000, 04:21:54 PM »

I thought the movie was great. I hated the way the movie had some family humor, though. Like when the main crook is calling that ugly moron guy with braces a "weeny". He said that almost 10 times, and it got a bit excessive. But other than that, this movie is great. I love the part when the pimp slaps the ho. Is it possible for someone to not like seeing a ho get backhanded? Anyways, I think this movie needs a big-name anime company to do an anime of this. Also, if you love Rocky Horror Picture Show, see Cannibal:The Musical, also a Troma release, from the creators of Southpark.
johnnyace
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2000, 08:20:43 PM »

GREAT ENTERTAINMENT!!! screem at anyone who hates this movie!! first off i LOVED the villen, a power rangers ripoff with two gray hands and a green wang!!!! also the scene with the kabuki shootout was awsome (i loved Lloyds spoof of the media)KABUKIMAN AND TOXIE ARE THE GREATIST THINGS KNOWN TO MAN!!!!!!!!! TROMA RULES!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!  
Kermit Griffin
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2002, 05:20:27 PM »

What the hell is this s**t?!!! TROMA hasnt ever made a good movie. Yeah I understand they are poor and have a small budgit, seriously, who the f**k would write a movie about a cop that turns into a Kabuki, asian thingy. If it wasnt for Nuke em High 1 and 2, Toxic Avengers 1 and 2 and Class of 1999, Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD would probably be the worst movie I ever seen, even though I watch it everytime its on.........
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Sgt Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.