Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:11:56 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things  (Read 77450 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 26, 2005, 10:28:34 AM »

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
kingagony@webtv.net
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 1999, 08:50:55 AM »

This is quite a movie, whatever that means. I bought this movie after renting it, and if you are a zombie fan its great for the collection. I noticed something weird about this movie. All the actors use their first names as their characters in this movie. And that might imply that Anya the freak and Alan, both with the last name Ornsby, are related. (Wow! what a notion) In closing, I liked this flick.
E1V15X78@aol.com
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 1999, 03:52:01 PM »

Actually a pretty cool zombie movie - suspensful and with a really creepy and opressive atmosphere.  Not funny, as the US release video box suggests.  Director went on to do the porkies movies.  The final moments of the film are as creepy as the "dead gathering at the farmhouse" sequence in Night Of The Living Dead.  
Speckntaz@aol.com
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 1999, 08:23:31 PM »

I was babysitting one time when the child's newborn guinea pig died. The child cried a bit, of course, cradling the newly deceased pet. Then picked it up and showing it to me, said: "Look, a clip-on!", while moving its stiffened, front paws back & forth. I couldn't help but think of this film (esp. the title). Just wanted to share :).
paul westbrook
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 1999, 10:41:25 AM »

I love zombie films, I really love zombie films. This late nite fav flick met my expectations completely. Now that cardboard graveyard leaves something to be desired.
jkistner@webtv.net
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 1999, 05:33:59 PM »

One of my earliest (and most disturbing) memories
was watching this film on chiller theater up late one night way past my bed time. The nightmares that ensued were unreal...make them stop please...                                                      
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2000, 09:03:55 PM »

This is a great zombie flim, no horror movie collector should be without! The scenery is very errie and it creates a great mood. The acting is average. The zombie makeup is pretty good. great movie overall, I recommend it to all horror fans with good taste.
Chris K.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2000, 02:21:19 PM »

A thought provoking film. CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS is a weird horror film that is really inspired by NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD(1968). Chilling photography with a great sense of atmosphere combined with good make-up effects, haunting sets, moderate acting, and a fresh original script with enough polish to make it effective. If you want to see another NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD-inspired film see TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD(1971) and it's three sequels THE RETURN OF THE EVIL DEAD(1973), HORROR OF THE ZOMBIES(1974), and NIGHT OF THE DEATH CULT(1975).
geodude
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2000, 09:25:05 AM »

I remember seeing this when I was about 10.  Scared the crap out of me.  Can't wait to go rent it.
Tony
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2000, 05:56:58 AM »

I love this flick! I first saw it at a drive-in theator way back in 1972 when I was 5 years old (with my parents of course) and it literally scared the s**t outta me! I've always been into zombie movies and this is definitely one of the best, even tho Night of the Living Dead is still the master of them all. The acting here is kinda amateurish, but they still get the point across. But the thing I like best about this movie is the special effects and make-up, all done by the lead actor Alan Ormsby. I also liked the bizarre storyline and creepy atmoshere of the whole thing. And you can't beat those flesh-munching zombies! Even tho this movie doesn't really compare to latter-day classics like Dawn of the Dead, its still one of the best on the subject and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves these kinds of horror movies!
Dead X
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2000, 02:19:38 PM »

I love ZOMBIES.  This movie was really good with the exception of the beginning being...REALLY...slow.  If you enjoyed this movie I recommend Carnival Of Souls.  It's weird.  It's got zomibes. It's slow...but all in all...it's a good movie also.  Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things must be good if I added it to my zombie collection.  If you have yet to see it and you're a zombie fan...ENJOY!
Bob Martin
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Okay, this movie will never rank up there with the all time great zombie pics but, for me, it carved its own little niche that I really miss nowadays ... Creepy.  It's a creepy little film.  Creepy ain't easy to do. This movie creeps.  Those hardened on George Romero's trilogy or Fulci's horde will probably find this movie lacking and that's too bad because where unrestrained horror has its place in our weird world cinema, creepy has been overlooked.  It has to do with images and music and cuts and...a lot of stuff that swells from the shadows of the filmakers mind....Yeah, it could have profited from scenes that would have earned it an R rating but... then again ... it might have lost something ...this is a movie about atmosphere ... yes, it stole, yes, it borrowed, but in the process it created something unique that hasn't been attempted or aquired since.  Creepy!

Aimee
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie became one of best worst movies ever right after I had seen it!  I've been searching for information for it for ages, and I find it, of all places, in a "bad movie" archive.  For shame!

This movie hit a high point in my life when a friend and I did a home-movie remake of it, substituting a green plastic alien blow-up doll for Orville.  Quite the resemblance!!
Cham
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The worst zombie movie I have ever seen. That is not to say it isn't funny and cool. It takes some effort to watch the whole thing. Its really bad. I give it a 3/5, partly because of the title.

Rodney
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One of the greatest zombie films - no, wait...one of the greatest films ever. Alan Ormsby (the Orsen Wells behind this & Deathdream) later won an Oscar for his work on Cat People. It was the Academy's way of making up for overlooking CSPWDT.
I own a copy and, at least once a month, my wife & I watch it with all the respect that I give Midnight Cowboy & The Producers.
Alan, if you're reading this, take heart - someday there'll be film school classes devoted to CSPWDT.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.