Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:56:44 PM
712921 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Alien 2: On Earth « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alien 2: On Earth  (Read 23601 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: January 24, 2012, 08:37:47 AM »

In this unauthorized Italian sequel to "Alien" a group of spelunking bowlers (Or are they bowling spelunkers?) discover that their favorite cave and favorite bowling alley are infested with alien monsters that hatch from rocks.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:59:56 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 09:53:24 AM »

What a crappy cave movie.  Going back to watching The Cave!   TongueOut

But seriously, I remember seeing another movie review for this movie a while back and the quality used for the clips were in much worse condition (I think he was using a VHS tape) compare to the ones you have.  Where did your get your footage and pics from?   Was there a DVD release of this thing?

One more thing, nice to see another review from you!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:56:39 AM by InformationGeek » Logged

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 10:28:05 AM »

What a crappy cave movie.  Going back to watching The Cave!   TongueOut

But seriously, I remember seeing another movie review for this movie a while back and the quality used for the clips were in much worse condition (I think he was using a VHS tape) compare to the ones you have.  Where did your get your footage and pics from?   Was there a DVD release of this thing?

One more thing, nice to see another review from you!

Thank you!  It's good to be back and to be writing again.  Sometimes the Marine Corps throws a monkey wrench into my love for b-movies.

Midnight Legacy put out a beautiful DVD made from the 35mm negative in 2011.  The older version I knew of was a very poor VHS transfer, so this is a huge improvement.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 06:49:12 PM »

Thanks for reviewing this movie, Andrew!  I actually had never heard of it until maybe a handful of years ago.  But I had a dream of a movie a lot like this before I stumbled upon it.  I dreamed there was a movie involving aliens and it was billed as a 'sequel' but wasn't really related to the movie it had in its title.  Oh, and that it was dark and violent.  Weird how sometimes you dream about little things that come true.  I'm pretty sure I didn't see a trailer for this as a 9-year old and the long-dormant memory resurfaced in a dream.

If I wasn't particularly crazy about The Descent, I bet I would really hate this.  I did once see a clip of the upside-down guy's head falling off, which I thought was cool.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Kitten_Pie
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »

The man is back!

I've watched the MST3K on "deep hurting"...

This should be kryptonite for ANYONE. How is it that they both get their faces tentacled in the clip, but only Maureen has her eye ripped out??? Burt just looks like he lost a fight with a heapin' helpin' of ground beef.

You are spot on with the assessment on the hair. In the still of the old guy and I assume Thelma and Roy, Roy definitely has prettier hair. He's a mighty man-scaper that Roy!

Thanks again for the service and sacrifice you make for us sir.

Oh yeah and for serving in the Marines too!   TeddyR

When shooting wrapped, they beat up some homeless people, made some kitten pies and fed them to orphans...
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 03:36:31 PM »

I like Italian films, as they may be some of the few that have less knowledge about georgraphy than we Americans. For example, this film.

Who mapped out the half-assed route in this film? I lived in San Diego, or near San Diego, for over twenty years, and you do not get to the desert by first going to the beach, nor do you get to the beach by going to the desert. They are in completely opposite directions.

Indeed, there is very little desert in San Diego county, and to find it, you have to go almost all the way out of the county, to the extreme northeast corner of the county. So, if you need to get back to civilization, almost the worst thing you can do is head back in a southwest direction to San Diego, because it is a two-hour drive one way. Civilization is alot closer in almost every other direction.

They did get one thing right. The roads do suck. They did not always suck, but the roadbuilders could not keep up with the increase in population, and thus in the increase in roads.

Anyway, it is good to see you back Andrew and writing more film reviews.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 06:25:20 PM »

In this unauthorized Italian sequel to "Alien" a group of spelunking bowlers (Or are they bowling spelunkers?) discover that their favorite cave and favorite bowling alley are infested with alien monsters that hatch from rocks.

I hereby coin the term "bowlunkers".  Smile  It sure sounds stupid, but seems fitting for this movie.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 05:36:04 AM »

I hereby coin the term "bowlunkers".  Smile  It sure sounds stupid, but seems fitting for this movie.

I agree  Cheers

First of all, welcome back, Andrew!  TeddyR

Secondly, great review!

Thirdly, when they were getting squished like that, what was that brown stuff? It looked like blood but its' color made me think it was............... ewwww......  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Killdozer
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 02:29:45 AM »

Welcome back Andrew!!!!!
yannick35
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »

You had to review that one didn't you.

What can i say, the director got balls to name this alien 2 on earth. I saw this movie on VHS back in 1985 i was 13 at that time, and it scared the hell out of me.

I never remembered the title of this movie worst is that the title was in french. Its when i saw the release on dvd of that movie last year that i learned its real title.

I bought the dvd and loved this really bad movie once more. Its not cheap on the gore effects, but its really lame for the first 30 minutes, what's up with all the bowling nonsense.

The movie deserves a 3 drops on the suck meter at least. Cheers

yannick35
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 06:57:07 PM »

I also wonder, because i have seen most horror, zombie, rip off Italian movie of the eighties, how where theses movie dubbed, all of the voice acting are terrible, seem to be done by the exact same actors.

Always involve some kind of psychic girl with powers that breaks down.

After reading the review i watched the movie again and almost died of laughter. My leg its broken, 15 minutes later i can run on it no problem OMG.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 08:20:43 AM »

I just love how Thelma and Roy, after seeing their friends killed by monsters from outer space, immediately seek help at the bowling alley.  Out of all of the places to go for help.

Thirdly, when they were getting squished like that, what was that brown stuff? It looked like blood but its' color made me think it was............... ewwww......  Buggedout Buggedout

The stage blood is a bit on the thick and chunky side, isn't it?  No so much a bright red as a dark red.

I bought the dvd and loved this really bad movie once more. Its not cheap on the gore effects, but its really lame for the first 30 minutes, what's up with all the bowling nonsense.

Bowling and spelunking, in graphic detail.  In every detail.  Egads, but that first half of the movie almost broke my back.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Alien 2: On Earth « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.