Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:29:26 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Megaforce! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Megaforce!  (Read 4383 times)
Bongo
« on: December 30, 2006, 03:22:02 PM »

I saw this on Cinemax many years ago when I was a kid. I bought the VHS copy from Ebay for Xmas. The movie is cheesey, right down to the flying motorcycles. Not a terrible movie, per se, but bad enough it is good.
Bongo
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 03:23:28 PM »

Too bad this gem isn't on DVD in all its widescreen glory...
Bill C.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 03:26:10 PM »

I watched this film for one and only one reason: Persis Khambatta.

On the other hand: it did give us "...the good guys always win.  Even in the '80s."
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 07:49:24 PM »

Have this one on VHS and it is worth a viewing once in a while.  With Barry Bostwick as the hero and the aforementioned flying motorcycles, how can you go wrong?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 07:52:07 PM »

Have this one on VHS and it is worth a viewing once in a while.  With Barry Bostwick as the hero and the aforementioned flying motorcycles, how can you go wrong?

By putting everybody in light blue bodysuits and headbands?

This one so needs a special edition DVD release.  How can you not like a movie with dirt bikes defeating main battle tanks?  Okay, granted, with sufficiently advanced technology, this is not impossible.  In this movie, it is plain old silly.

The review:
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/megaforce/

EDIT: adding the picture of Barry Bostwick, to give the full effect.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 08:02:40 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 09:02:03 PM »

I saw this movie in the theater when it came out. I actually liked it. But then again I was about 8 at the time.
Automan2000
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 11:21:42 PM »

This movie is a whole lotta fun to watch. Just check out the horrible blue screen work on the flying motorcycle scene.
Bill C.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 10:45:28 AM »

It was 1982, though.  Horrible bluescreen work was a given.
Torgo

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 11:21:46 PM »

I subjected my girlfriend to this cinematic wonder about a year ago finally (got a bootleg DVD copy off of Ebay though it's still full frame)  and sometimes when I leave to go to work and she's at home, I do the whole kiss the thumb thing to her right before I leave.  She always dies laughing. 

Even stranger is that I actually saw this in theaters back in 1982 when it originally came out during the summer. This was one of Tohoe's big releases for that summer and was one of their attempts to break into more international markets.   

I was 7 BTW when I saw it in a local theater. Damn, that makes me feel a bit old now.   Twirling

I think that they might have even had a toy line for it as well.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 11:58:42 AM »

I always wonder if anyone was injured by an errant rocket from one of the motorcycles.  From what I can tell, they are just model rockets, using model rocket engines.  You can see that some of them go wildly out of control after leaving the launchers, describing corkscrews and circles through the air.  Can you imagine trying to ride your dirtbike across uneven desert, then taking a model rocket in the chest or groin?  At least their faces were protected by the helmets.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 01:23:07 PM »

I remember the Megaforce theme song was a minor hit on the radio back in the day.  My favorite scene has got to be when they bring the bigwigs to the Megaforce base, and they're in a limo or something and these dudes start riding dirt bikes around, doing stunts, jumping over the limo probably.  Then they sit back on their bikes with these smug grins like "are we cool, or what?"  I can just imagine what the guy was thinking.  "My country is in desperate need of help, and they bring me to the local motocross club?" 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 01:24:56 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flangepart

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 11:41:38 AM »

Ya know...
Kevin Murphy and Mike Nelson said, that some of the best MST3Ks were movires that inspired great riffing, to deal with great pain.
This, might have lead the pain parade for the boys.
Man...that headband...to bad it wasen't wet leather...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 07:03:03 PM »

This movie was so cool to my 8 year old eyes when it was in regular rotation on HBO.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Torgo

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 08:42:21 PM »

It always seemed like to me that Persis Khambatta was really trying her hardest not to crack up acting opposite Barry Bostwick during a lot of their scenes together.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 09:00:30 PM »

Never seen it, always wanted to, caught part of it once on TBS or TNT late at night, figured they'd show it more but didn't. I think I was the only boy in my class when it came out who didn't go see it. We did't go to the movies as much as some of the others, money being an issue. When it was a pay cable, we didn't have it, Not sure i ever saw a copy in a viedo store for rent. Strange.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Megaforce! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.