Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:20:43 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite BAD Movie directors! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Favorite BAD Movie directors!  (Read 9095 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: January 25, 2009, 09:39:05 AM »

I thought I would start a thread to pay tribute to the men behind the scenes of our favorite films. The Bad movie directors! The anti -genuis's behind such classicks like GLEN or GLENDA, HORROR of the BLOOD MONSTERS and GATES of HELL!
 Here are a couple of mine....please add yours.

. AL ADAMSON-I'll quote Joe Bob Briggs:"Al Adamson was the kind of filmaker who said "Oh,the lemon is rotton? Let's make rotton lemon juice! I love the man!" I agree!  Cheers A toast of rotton lemon juice to Al Adamson,the auter behind such wonders as DRACULA vs. FRANKENSTIEN, HORROR of the BLOOD MONSTERS,SATAN'S SADISTS,CINDERELLA 2000, and so many more!

Here's a great trailer for GIRLS FOR RENT (aka I SPIT on YOUR CORPSE) (1974)!

Small | Large

.Here's one that is mostly forgotton...William Grefe! The man responsible for such films(and I use that term loosley) as STANLEY (a personal favorite...yeh...no hope for me...), IMPULSE (with the Shat as a psycho! Love it!),and the STING OF DEATH!

Here's a trailer for one I want to see...the NAKED ZOO (1968)

Small | Large

...the red head in the clip...that's none other than Rita Hayworth....!!!  Buggedout

So...who are some of your favorites! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!  Twirling (Boy...Menard is rubbing off on me....UH! That didn't sound right either! BLAST YOU,  MENAAAARRD!!!!   TongueOut )

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 11:41:25 AM »

I'll put in a shout out for Albert Pyun.  He made the incredibly cheesy but fun The Sword and the Sorcerer, along with one of my guilty pleasures Radioactive Dreams.  Add to that the "Nemesis" films, "Omega Doom," the 1990 "Captain America," and "Brainsmasher."

Then how about Greydon Clark?  Uninvited (the killer mutant kitty flick), the much-asked-about "Without Warning," "The Forbidden Dance is Lambada," and "Black Shampoo" (which cannot decide if it's a sexploitation or chainsaw massacre).

And I love Peter Jackson's first three films.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 12:13:22 PM »

I'll put in a shout out for Albert Pyun.  He made the incredibly cheesy but fun The Sword and the Sorcerer, along with one of my guilty pleasures Radioactive Dreams.  Add to that the "Nemesis" films, "Omega Doom," the 1990 "Captain America," and "Brainsmasher."

Then how about Greydon Clark?  Uninvited (the killer mutant kitty flick), the much-asked-about "Without Warning," "The Forbidden Dance is Lambada," and "Black Shampoo" (which cannot decide if it's a sexploitation or chainsaw massacre).

And I love Peter Jackson's first three films.

I love the idea that Greydon Clark got his start working with Al Adamson as an actor and behind the scenes for...yup! Al Adamson!  Thumbup

And that "big time" directors like Sam Raimi ,Oliver Stone (remember the HAND and SEIZURE?), Francis Ford Coppala (DEMENTIA 13), all got their start in low budget horrors!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:17:26 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 12:56:57 PM »

RUSS MEYER!
Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 02:07:41 PM »

ED WOOD goes without saying I guess eh. PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE, GLEN OR GLENDA, BRIDE OF THE MONSTER, JAIL BAIT, NIGHT OF THE GHOULS (they're all in my collection).

I also have a definite weakness for the film efforts of ROGER CORMAN and not just his Poe films either. I love his low budget black and white AIP efforts every bit as much for the most part. So many goodies: THE LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS, DAY THE WORLD ENDED, IT CONQUERED THE WORLD, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, THE UNDEAD, TEENAGE CAVEMAN, A BUCKET OF BLOOD, THE WASP WOMAN, HOUSE OF USHER, THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM, TALES OF TERROR, THE RAVEN, X-THE MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES, THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH, THE TOMB OF LIGEIA, THE TRIP, BLOODY MAMA, DEATHSPORT and FRANKENSTEIN UNBOUND just to name some of the better ones in my view.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jim H

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 02:10:17 PM »

Albert Pyun is one of my favorites.  Another is Sam Firstenberg.

Small | Large

He did American Ninja.

Small | Large

Avenging Force.

Small | Large

Ninja III: The Domination

Small | Large

And just to show his amazing range, he also did Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 08:27:50 PM »

Why who else but UWE BOLL.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 08:22:47 AM »

I'm a big fan of Jim Wynorski.  He's sort of a Roger Corman protégé.  He's certainly had his share of stinkers, but when he's on, he rocks!

Sorority House Massacre 2:  Nighty Nightmare
Small | Large

Curse of the Komodo
Small | Large

Chopping Mall
Small | Large

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 08:37:17 AM »

God, I love Jim Wynorski.

Also, I'd like to add... Tim Kincaid.

Breeders. Robot Holocaust. Mutant Hunt. And he produced Necropolis.

Awesome/terrible stuff.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 04:39:45 PM »

Let's not forget:

* Bethel Buckalew (responsible for many of Harry Novak's Box Office International rural nudie movies from the 1970s)

* Fred Olen Ray (yikes)

* Herschell Gordon Lewis

* R. Lee Wilder (Billy Wilder's brother and director of some grade Z 1950s trash)

* Ray Dennis Steckler

* Doris Wishman

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 08:31:02 PM »

All very good nominations.  Let me add Coleman Francis.  He only made 3 movies.  I've seen two, and their both real headscratchers.  THE BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS is just flat-out bizarre, minimalist bad movie making with Tor Johnson and stream-of-consciousness narration ("Flag on the moon.  How did it get there?")  SKYDIVERS is a badly acted, badly conceived, utterly despairing melodrama.  I need to see RED ZONE CUBA (AKA NIGHT TRAIN TO MUNDO FINE) to complete the Francis trilogy.  Will it live down to the others??

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 10:52:32 PM »

Bruno Mattei- His films are such obsurd knockoffs that they're fun to watch.  Let's not forget the random filler stock footage in Hell of the Living Dead.  It's a shame he passed away not too long ago.

Small | Large

Brad Sykes- Okay, so he's hit or miss for me.  I really liked Death Factory, but Zombie Chronicles was complete ass.

Park Ki-Hyung- Maybe he's not a "bad" director as much as "unrecognized," but Whispering Corridors and Acacia were good K-horror flicks.

Small | Large

Joe Castro- Okay, here come the flaming rocks.  I liked both Terror Toons movies, and can't wait for Terror Toons 3.

Small | Large
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 01:16:28 AM »

Two directors that I know are going to mean a bad film are
Krishna Shah and Lee Demarbre

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 07:01:57 AM »

Wow...alot of directors mentioned that I was not aware of! Cool!  Smile

Jerry Warremade some real stinkers....TEENAGE ZOMBIES,THE WILD WORLD of BATWOMAN,and FRANKENSTIEN ISLAND,among others.

Here's a stupid scene from FRANKENSTIEN ISLAND....check out Cameron Mitchell towards the end of the clip...poor guy looks totally crocked... Drink

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 09:10:30 AM »

Nobody's mentioned good ol' Charlie Band from Full Moon yet?  I love the guy.  A bit of a doll fettish, yes, but he knows how to make an entertaining movie.

Blood Dolls
Small | Large

Hideous!
Small | Large

Crash and Burn
Small | Large

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite BAD Movie directors! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.