Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:42:39 AM
715451 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7762 Members
Latest Member: HoustonJac
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  most hated movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Author Topic: most hated movies  (Read 56055 times)
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2011, 11:10:47 AM »

Showgirls

How any bad movie lover could actually hate Showgirls is beyond me.

Even my friend who is a hardcore feminist loves it   BounceGiggle

Too true

akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2011, 12:07:33 PM »

I really don't get all the hate for the Lord of the Rings movies.

I mean, I understand how people can say, "there's not enough action for me, not my thing," but I don't get how you can move from that to hatred.

There are plenty of quality movies I don't personally connect with that I can still acknowledge are serious, well-made movies.  The only movies I can work up "hate" for are movies that are both badly done and promote a bad message.

The thing is, the LotR movies aren't well-made.  The only thing separating them from an Uwe Boll movie is the amount of money spent on them.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2011, 01:21:02 PM »

There are plenty of quality movies I don't personally connect with that I can still acknowledge are serious, well-made movies.  The only movies I can work up "hate" for are movies that are both badly done and promote a bad message.

I think you and me have a similiar movie philosophy.  Like I mention before with The Piano, I don't like it or connect with it, but see it as a well-made movie.  Though for me to truly hate a movie, I need to see that everything about it is terrible, which is why I have such a vocal opinion and hatred towards the animated Titanic flicks, After Last Season, and similiar works.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2011, 02:29:58 PM »

Tintorrero Killer Shark really annoyed me when I saw it. I think it was the guys being so macho and then literally killing sharks.
Jim H

« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2011, 03:43:50 PM »

LORD OF THE RINGS???? Buggedout

Really?  How could anyone hate the most magnificent saga ever filmed?

That just makes me want to weep. Bluesad

Well, they are incredibly crappy movies.  All three are composed of little more than people walking around.  A lot.  When they aren't walking, they're sitting around discussing where they're going to walk next.

Ya know, I guess I'm being silly, but I think if I really wanted to I could demonstrate this to be untrue.  I'd say probably half an hour of Fellowship is action scenes, like 45 minutes of Two Towers, and an hour of Return of the King.  A movie being 20-30% action is actually a higher percentage than an average kung fu film or Arnold Schwarzenegger flick.

They're not my favorite films or anything (I've seen the trilogy twice - once in the theatre, once as the extended DVDs), and I can understand people thinking they're boring (if you don't care about the story at all, you'll probably find it boring especially with 3+ hour running times), but the whole "nothing but walking" bit I can't get on board with.

Still, I did think this was pretty great:

Small | Large
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »

I don't "hate" the LOTR movies but I'm in no hurry to see any of them again any time soon, either. They're beautiful pieces of work but they did nothin' for me.

I put LOTR in the same category as Star Trek - either you "get it" or you don't. Obviously I don't.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2011, 05:04:18 PM »

I mean, I understand how people can say, "there's not enough action for me, not my thing," but I don't get how you can move from that to hatred.

I literally fell asleep watching all of them on DVD even though I paused the hell out of them to take many much needed breaks

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2011, 06:38:01 PM »

I literally fell asleep watching all of them on DVD even though I paused the hell out of them to take many much needed breaks
that's not enough to hate a movie IMO. You need that Craptastical feeling about it, like Xanadu.

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2011, 08:01:40 PM »

Considering that I have read the LOTR trilogy over 30 times, can write in Sindarin, and have watched the EXTENDED CUT of the entire trilogy at least 10 times, it may be that I am  . . . well, maybe just a little . . . biased on this topic. Lookingup

NAAAH!!! I'm totally objective.  You guys are all just losers!!! BounceGiggle

But I luv ya all anyway! TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2011, 09:55:37 PM »

I didn't like any of the chracters. I found Sam, Gollum, the 2 twin hobbins and Froto annoying as all hell. The found the action scenes incredibly dull in all three movies. And has been pointed out all three of them are just walking movies, even the trees walked in those movies, and as a result incredibly boring.  I felt worn out at the end of them, depsite taking breaks. I really feel that an intermission in all 3 of them would have done wonders for them.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Jim H

« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2011, 12:33:27 PM »

I didn't like any of the chracters. I found Sam, Gollum, the 2 twin hobbins and Froto annoying as all hell. The found the action scenes incredibly dull in all three movies. And has been pointed out all three of them are just walking movies, even the trees walked in those movies, and as a result incredibly boring.  I felt worn out at the end of them, depsite taking breaks. I really feel that an intermission in all 3 of them would have done wonders for them.

I'll agree with you there.  The extended versions (on that note, the extended ROTK I feel is a worse film for it, Two Towers is about the same, and Fellowship is the only one that benefits from it) essentially DO have an intermission since they're spread across two discs on DVD.  When I watched them, I took a break between them. 
WhenBadMoviesAttack
PhD. In Sarcasm and Patronising.
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2011, 10:01:29 AM »

How is this not on here?

POSTAL

Such a classic game, destroyed. Completely.
or anything Uwe Boll has put his dirty, stupid hands on.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2011, 03:44:01 PM »

How is this not on here?

POSTAL

Such a classic game, destroyed. Completely.
or anything Uwe Boll has put his dirty, stupid hands on.

Classic is not the word I would use to describe the game. 

Time for me to add a new one to the list.  I add The Nutcracker: The Untold Story.  I went over this film and its problems in another topic, but to sum up shortly:

It's a movie based on a ballet with no ballet and Nazi rat people riding jetpacks that have musical numbers.  That's all you need right there.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2011, 06:13:45 PM »

Bucky Larson.....

Hatred Hatred Hatred

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2011, 12:52:48 AM »

Napoleon Dynamite

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  most hated movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.