Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:49:03 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sequels and Re-makes that Missed the Point « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Sequels and Re-makes that Missed the Point  (Read 19114 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 09:50:46 AM »

The new EVIL DEAD movie. Too high tech.Not even a little bit of humor.
Surprise that know one has mentioned Van Sants PSYCHO piece of s**t.
DEATHRACE--AHHH! The reason DEATHRACE 2000 was so classic is that it was hilarious! Machine Gun Joe  killed me!

Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:53:30 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 10:22:19 AM »

You know if it wasn't "Death Race" I would've enjoyed it as a movie more.  As it was it was a pretty ok actioner.  But as a Death Race film, well, I wanted them to bring the crazy and they didn't.  Maybe it's one of those 'time and place' movies which exist and are better in the 70s than if they were done now [those reporters were damn hilarious]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2013, 03:18:52 PM »

The new EVIL DEAD movie. Too high tech.Not even a little bit of humor.
Surprise that know one has mentioned Van Sants PSYCHO piece of s**t.

I wouldn't say Psycho missed the point.  It's just that it has no reason to exist.  It's a shot by shot remake of the first without the charm or talent or the original.  If it had done anything other than just copy what was already done, maybe you could say it missed the point, but it really didn't offer anything new... except maybe a cow. 
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2013, 01:13:19 PM »

Highlander II, Highlander: Endgame, and Highlander: The Source.

All of these movies contradict the simple concept of Highlander and only make more plot holes.

66Crush
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2013, 05:59:00 AM »

first let me say,i worship at johnny depp's feet,he's one of the most versatile actors i've seen since jack nicholson was young.BUT...
i absloutely HATE charlie and the chocolate factory.i'm sticking with gene wilder as willy wonka,forever.

Maybe if people would stop worshiping Depp, he'd be less of a douche! He's brilliant but I'm sick of him!
Robocop
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2013, 01:09:07 AM »

Does a George Lucusfied "updated" Director's Cut count?

The 2004 Director's Cut might have the bells and whistles that are lacking in the orignal cut, but its a simple case of style over substance trying to modernize the movie with CGI which for the most part looks bad, doesn't seamlessly flow with the jarring 1971 production values and contradicts a lot of the themes and messages in the film in regards to technology. One of the elements that made THX 1138 so impressive in the first place was just how much Lucus achieved with so little in terms of experience and finances, it really is a striking unique piece of visual filmmaking that the Director's Cut just turns in to something thats conventional and generic to cattle in with modern times.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sequels and Re-makes that Missed the Point « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.