Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:56:45 PM
715447 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7762 Members
Latest Member: HoustonJac
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 491070 times)
claws
« Reply #1785 on: December 08, 2019, 07:59:48 AM »

I dunno, the glasses are obscuring the eyes a bit. Who's the creepy dude in front of you?  TeddyR
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1786 on: December 08, 2019, 02:47:30 PM »

frogs frogs frogs water buffalo frogs

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1787 on: December 09, 2019, 07:04:20 AM »

I need a vacation.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
claws
« Reply #1788 on: December 09, 2019, 07:10:06 AM »

Windstorms outside. Gonna be a joy riding with the bike to work today.  Lookingup
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1789 on: December 09, 2019, 10:01:05 AM »

Been too cold and rainy to run outside, so I been swimming laps but there's no salt filter and the chems in the pool are drying out my hair. Guess it'll be an indoor treadmill til spring for me. Blah.

I ever tell you guys I get down if I don't play at least a few sets of tennis a month? It's been too long.

I'll always wonder what would have happened if I'd turned pro.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1790 on: December 10, 2019, 03:51:41 PM »

There's nothing happening til tomorrow. I have little with me here and it's cold and eerily quiet and there's nothing to do but stay still and not violate silence's ownership of this place.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1791 on: December 11, 2019, 10:45:23 AM »

On this day in 1941, The Nazis disappointed an awful lot of American Nazi sympathizers.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1792 on: December 11, 2019, 10:51:19 AM »

On this day in 1941, The Nazis disappointed an awful lot of American Nazi sympathizers.
Of the many mistakes of the supposedly brilliant Hitler----persecuting the most intelligent group of people in his country, allowing the British evacuation at Dunkirk, invading the USSR, sleeping through D-Day---declaring war on the United States was by far the stupidest.

LilCerberus

« Reply #1793 on: December 11, 2019, 12:48:00 PM »

Of the many mistakes of the supposedly brilliant Hitler----persecuting the most intelligent group of people in his country, allowing the British evacuation at Dunkirk, invading the USSR, sleeping through D-Day---declaring war on the United States was by far the stupidest.

Not sure if it was Hitler's idea or not, but they had a treaty with Japan at the time. The reason being (I assume) would've been because both nations hated Russia.

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1794 on: December 11, 2019, 12:59:41 PM »

Not sure if it was Hitler's idea or not, but they had a treaty with Japan at the time. The reason being (I assume) would've been because both nations hated Russia.

The Japanese were scared of the Soviet Union having had their arses kicked at the battles of Khalkhin Gol and has signed a non-aggression pact with them. The Japanese military had been split into two camps, one wanted to invade the USSR while the other wanted to seize south east Asia. Following Zuchov's easy destruction of the Japanese troops, the northern faction lost face and the south east faction won out.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus

« Reply #1795 on: December 11, 2019, 04:12:22 PM »

So, I got this metal unibody clarinet over the summer for ten buck, plus ten bucks shipping & handling...

Last month, I scored a deal on some Valentino peal & stick pads for twenty bucks, which inspired me to refurbish the whole thing in one night best I could (albeit, it's pretty obvious, it's my first time)...

So, since then, I've been watching eBay, & I've been seeing unibody metal clarinets in a lot worse shape for a lot more money...

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #1796 on: December 11, 2019, 09:04:21 PM »

it's very cool to make your friend cry in a GOOD way. Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
VenomX73

« Reply #1797 on: December 11, 2019, 09:06:55 PM »

Like, Scooby...

I wish I had a chocolate cake cake right about now!

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1798 on: December 12, 2019, 01:27:51 PM »

I have a slight headache from lack of sleep. On the plus side the birds here are amazing and some tiny swallows are flying incredibly high and I could sit cross-legged on the ground and watch them for a long while. (And hope none poop down on me.) Some people make fun of me for watching the birds but I think, how can they not? They're so free up there, they do what we never can. We hurry through life down here, we work, we war, we contend, we think we know things, but birds...they live in the sky.

They live in the sky.

They're amazing.

The soil under me is like tiny grains of sand. Odd. Once you break the surface it spills through your hands like water and doesn't even leave dust behind. This used to be a sea floor. Probably will be again. What isn't temporary? Nothing.

And in a flip of that thought nothing isn't temporary, nothingness is permanent. It's probably the only permanent thing. Is God then nothingness? Nirvana is often said to be just that. At one with extinction. In the beginning was nothing, in the end is nothing. Science and religion agree there. Atheism will get you there in one life, Buddhism in a million.

Lacking trees the wind here does not hiss, nor is its flow broken. I grew up with hills, flatness disturbs my inner wa.

The air smells of dry nothingness.

I been reading the ancient Stoics and ruminations on Taoism to help me find contentment in the moment but what works best is compartmentalizing my thoughts.

Here.
Now.
This.
Abandon concern on the things that lie beyond you.

No. No, not my way, I am part of now and my actions help create it. That's how I see us all. Why turn from writing your verse in the great song?

You know what my favorite meditation is? Not to exclude and turn away but to see all. Sho-giu over sun-yin.

My father is a good Stoic in the ancient not modern sense; though she does not know it my mother is very one with the Tao for an Irish Catholic. A certain mid-Causal entity I could name used to label my mother an Old Soul, while my father and I were said to be caught in the sturm und drang of the soul-age of Maturity, the soul's ongoing teenage years, said to be like a tiny storm-tossed boat across a sea of lifetimes. My mom? She's reached the distant shore and can be in the calm sunshine. I have a long way there yet.  I probably trip over my own feet lifetime after lifetime.

If such things as serial lifetimes exist, and in mutliverses governed by string theory, perhaps they do.

Perhaps they don't.

My mother teaches by unconscious example; I teach by living a life that makes a stark cautionary tale. Do not as I have done, dear children!

Ultimately I am not a good master of life. Neither am I a good humanist, Christian or chaser after logic. I think I'm a good friend. A good mother. Maybe.

Maybe I'm a good version of me, I don't know.

In the end I know I have one talent and it may be my undoing. I am loyal. That is my talent, I am loyal. If I love you, love you forever, even beyond death. If I love you I'd die for you. If I love you, you can hurt me because of that love. I'm a prisoner to my own best trait.

And I've never felt I had a place in time. Time feels all at once to me, yesterday, today, it's not a good way to have to live, being a parahyperthymesiac. I think more about yesterday than now. Yesterday, the past, is my cage and my trap.

And though yesterday has its lessons, now is more important. Now is what those lessons are there to help shape for the better.

Sunset.

Namaste.

LilCerberus

« Reply #1799 on: December 12, 2019, 02:37:35 PM »

I'm bringing this up again...
Popular belief is that Hitler murdered "SIX" million people, but it was actually more than "TEN" million, As there were another four million nobody talks about who just didn't fit in.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_concentration_camp_badge

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.